Don't Let Me Go (Aizawa Shota x Reader)

DON'T LET ME GO

Warnings: Manga/Anime Spoilers, the Reader is Oboro Shirakumo's younger sister.

The awakening was tough. Aizawa's vision was blurred, and it took a couple of minutes to process that he could only see with one eye. The dimmed lights of the hospital room gave just enough visibility to see two people by his bedside. Yamada leaned back on the chair with his arms crossed; his eyes were closed, but the tension in his posture showed that he was awake.

She was asleep, leaning on the bed with Mic's jacket covering her shoulders. Light blue hair scattered over the crisp bed sheets was touching his hand.

"You know...you've always had a natural talent to make her cry." the blonde opened his eyes and smiled lightly. Aizawa didn't reply. He looked down at the girl, who shifted in her sleep, but didn't wake up.

"How long have I been out?" his throat was sore.

"Almost two days."

Yamada filled a plastic cup with water and brought it to Aizawa's mouth. Brunette gulped greedily before asking for more.

Mic put his hand on Aizawa's shoulder. "Glad you made it." he gave it a light squeeze. "I need to get going now, but I'll come tomorrow."

Aizawa nodded. "Make sure to thank [Y/N] when she wakes up." Mic gently stroked her head. "She's been awake since you were admitted. The stabilized state of the students and yours too actually is greatly thanks to her." The blonde walked out, closing the door quietly.

[Y/N]'s soft snuffling broke the oppressing silence of the room. With stiff fingers, he gently stroked her head, removing the hair out of her face. The memory of the first summer after Oboro's death suddenly came to mind; the summer filled with grief, briny smell of ocean and fresh pastries. [Y/N] just turned thirteen. He graduated from U.A. and together with Present Mic and Midnight officially entered the world of heroes. They wanted to do something for her, so Nemuri arranged a trip to the seaside. Oddly enough, that was the summer which determined her future and their presence in it.

[Y/N]'s hero name was IV, and as it turned out, she was a prodigy in the field. After graduating from U.A. and completing a two-year internship at the Central Hospital, she was offered a permanent placement in U.A. She accepted. Aizawa was proud, and he knew that Oboro would have been too.

He leaned back and closed his eye. Everything changed.

***

When he opened his eyes again, he was alone. Very slowly, Aizawa eased to the floor, grabbing onto the crutch, thoughtfully left by the bed. On his way to the bathroom, the door swung open almost knocking him over.

[Y/N] froze in the doorway. The white coat was unbuttoned, and he noticed her usual U.A. work uniform.

"Are you planning to kill me?" he mumbled.

"I'm not that lucky." She retorted. They looked at each other a couple of minutes before Aizawa turned away and made his way to the bathroom. [Y/N] sat down waiting for him. She fiddled with the corner of the coat, trying to ease the nervous shaking of her hands. She waited patiently for him to return to the bed and as soon as he lay down, she proceeded with the check. Hands worked automatically while her body listened to the information scanned by the limbs. "You know," she started not looking at him. "People tend to collect different things... postal stamps, dolls, books. Aizawa, the only thing you collect are scars." Her hands moved from his abdominal to the bandaged leg. "And now you've started losing limbs too."