Complications (Hizashi Yamada x Reader)

COMPLICATIONS

Author's Note: I love writing about Present Mic.

"What can I get you today?"

"Coffee! Dark and bitter, like my current state of mind." A twenty-two-year-old Hizashi Yamada made a dramatic pose and pressed his hand to his forehead.

The barista looked confused and a little worried, wondering if the hyper blond in front of him was sane.

The girl beside him rolled her eyes. "He'll have milk and sugar."

"[Y/N]-chan, you never let me embrace the darkness!"

"That's Aizawa's queue."

"I still don't understand why I'm here." Aizawa spoke behind them. The two turned around to look at him.

"For moral support and the value of friendship." Yamada whined. "Today we drink! Drinks on me."

"I'm going to sit down." The brunet turned away and stalked to an empty table.

"I'm joining him." [Y/N] followed Aizawa and sat down. She glanced back at the blond, who started chatting up a beautiful female barista. She looked away, feeling an unpleasant ache in her chest.

"Where's Kayama?"

"At the agency. She couldn't make it on time."

Aizawa leaned on the table, resting his head on his arms.

"What happened with his date?" He nodded at the blond.

She sighed, playing with a napkin.

"I'm not sure to be honest. I couldn't figure out much from everything he was saying, but I think they went to the park and Yamada tried to impress her with his voice or something, as one does on a first date." She rolled her eyes. "Let's just say the birds won't be coming back to that park for a while."

"I don't see a problem."

She shrugged. "Neither do I to be honest." A small smile played on her lips.

Aizawa watched her for a while longer. "When?"

"What?"

"When are you going to tell him?"

She sent another quick glance Yamada's way. "I don't think it's a good idea."

Eraser Head didn't reply, so she felt like she needed to explain. "We are friends, it will complicate everything."

"That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while."

She grimaced and rolled her eyes. "Don't want to get relationship advice from Mr. Unavailable."

His face full of contemplation made her laugh. [Y/N] ruffled his hair, causing Eraser Head to groan and shoo her, making the female laugh even louder.

Neither realized that two green eyes watched them intently, and a smile on thin lips slowly faded away.

***

Eight years later

Last two weeks before the start of the school year were typically quiet and laid back. Teachers were going over the annual curriculum, thoroughly preparing for the new year. Hizashi made his way to the teacher's lounge, whistling under his breath.

"Stop moving around, I can't get it in." he heard a familiar annoyed voice hiss behind the closed door.

"Let me do it myself." Another voice added grumpily.