I Get To Love You (Todoroki Shouto x Reader)

I GET TO LOVE YOU

Warnings: Established Relationship, Fluff, Comedy, Slice of Life

I'm sorry, I'll be late. Please start without me. You smiled as you read the text. Shouto never used acronyms. Always full words, sentences, punctuation by the book. Even after ten years of being together, you found this side of him unbelievably sweet. You continued setting the table. All the sauces and the sides were ready, leaving only the soba noodles to be cooked when the guests arrive.

Don't worry. Come when you can, we'll be waiting. The doorbell rang. Fuyumi, who entered the third trimester of her pregnancy, heavily stepped into the room. Keigo held her arm from one side and Natsuo from the other. "Can you believe this?" she said as soon as she saw you. "They are treating me like I'm handicapped." She glared at her brother and husband. "I'm pregnant, not dead."

"Yes, yes, whatever you say, love." Keigo snickered planting a gentle kiss on her forehead. You laughed.

"Snacks and drinks are in the kitchen, help yourselves."

You joined Fuyumi in the living room while the guys got comfortable in the kitchen. She eased into the armchair with a loud satisfactory groan. "Shota is late?"

"Yes, he texted earlier."

"This is the problem with dating pro heroes. Something always comes up."

"We make it work." You replied and she smirked a little. "Heard you are doing quite well at Fat Gum's agency. Still haven't accepted the offer from dad's agency?"

You shrugged. "I'm happy where I am. Fat Gum is a great hero, plus it's nice to work with someone who has a similar quirk."

She thought for a moment. "You mean Suneater?"

You nodded, quickly checking your phone. "Hawks has been taking a lot of time off duty," you snicker. "How is settling in with his fatherly role?"

Fuyumi smiled and stroked her large belly. "Very well actually. Annoying, but I can't complain. On the subject, I heard the good news."

You blinked in confusion. "You and Shouto."

It took a couple of minutes for her thought to sink in. "Oh, oh. No, this is just a façade for my parents to calm down."

It was Fuyumi's turn to look confused. "Last time we had dinner with them, my mom, not so subtly, pointed out that we've been together long enough, asking when we are planning to announce the date." You chuckled. "Poor Shouto, he got so confused. The next day he went out and bought me a ring."

"Wait, what? He didn't propose?"

"Of course not, we weren't even thinking about marriage until my mom brought it up. Now every time I see her, I just wear the ring. She feels better, and we are off the hook."

Fuyumi looked genuinely confused. Maybe she misunderstood? "I'll go make the noodles and we can dig in," you got up, but the blonde wasn't planning on letting you off easy. She followed closely behind. Keigo and Natsuo were in the middle of a heated conversation when the girls walked in.

"Does Shouto think so too?" she continues.

"Hey, hey, sit down." Keigo pulled out a chair and sat his wife down.

"Think about what?" Natsuo casually joined the conversation. You rolled your eyes and got on with cooking.

"Apparently their engagement is a scam."