Friends (Hitoshi Shinsou x Reader)

FRIENDS

Warnings: None

The last week of November was coming to an end. Cold wind blew through the open window, swaying the dark curtains. [Y/N] shivered, rechecking the details of the case assigned to them. Page after page of names, numbers, and deaths. She frowned and put the documents away.

"Nothing. No connections, no similarities. Victims were chosen at random." She stated getting off the couch.

"What about the last two victims?" Shinsou asked, not turning away from the numerous monitors. It's been four days since they were assigned the track and report mission and every lead given to them up to date showed no results.

She shook her head. "Their only similarity is that the last place they were seen was 7/11 on **** Street."

Shinsou adjusted the brightness on one of the monitors.

The open plan studio apartment they occupied was large enough to fit all the monitors and equipment, but too small to fit a second bed. One single bed and a couch were pushed to the opposite walls, a small kitchen space was in the corner next to the window, and a white door, successfully camouflaging with the white walls, led to the bathroom and shower.

[Y/N] stretched and clicked her neck. Slowly she walked to her partner and buried her hands in his hair, gently pressing on the pressure spots. Instinctively, he leaned back a little. [Y/N] worked his head moving lower to his neck and shoulders. Indigo haired guy tilted his neck when she pressed on a painfully pleasurable spot between the neck and the shoulder.

They've known each other for too long. They were the only students in Class 1-C; while his quirk was brainwashing, [Y/N]'s was auditory hallucinations, in other words voices. It took one glace into the opponents' eyes for her quirk to activate and she was in control; multiple voices, nasty, repetitive, commanding, interactive, loving, she could whisper anything, driving the others to insanity. One day Shinsou joined Class 2-A, she was transferred to 2-B, yet the friendship they've built through similar struggles remained unfazed.

[Y/N] buried her face in his hair before walking back to the kitchen to make a fresh pot of coffee. Rich aroma spread through the room, tickling Shinsou's senses. The girl watched him shift in his seat; broad shoulders tensed under the thick material of the black turtleneck. She felt her pulse somewhere in her throat. He rose to his feet and made his way towards her. The dark eye bags looked even darker underneath his half-closed eyes.

He poured two cups of coffee and handed her one, returning to his place in front of the monitors. She watched his back, unable to shake off the feeling that something was wrong.

Having joined different agencies, they continued keeping in touch. At least once a week they went out for a drink and every month both carried bags of goodies to the cat shelter of Musutafu. When their agencies decided to merge, somehow, they've also ended up sharing most of the assignments. "They are probably hoping we'll drive each other to insanity." She joked one time. To her surprise, Shisou agreed.

It happened during one of their long-term assignments, like the one they were sharing now. [Y/N] was a bait to infiltrate the host club, owned and ran by one of the underground organizations. They were slipping in new test drugs to the customers, which would either enhance or remove their existing quirks. Unfortunately, most of their test subjects ended up dead.

One night she returned flushed and angry; Shinsou who was listening to the entire conversation through a microphone, was on the edge himself. She took off the expensive high heels and threw them against the wall, together with a tiny purse and flashy jewellery. Having a hard time controlling her temper, [Y/N] clenched her fist and smashed it into the wall. The pain sobered her up. So did Shinsou's strong grip.