Beautiful Mistake (Aizawa Shota x Reader)

BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE

Warnings: Student/Teacher

The summer stated with a change. Thirty-four-year-old Aizawa Shota slowly approached the front yard of the two-storey apartment building looking gloomier than ever. A moving truck was parked in front of entrance and two movers were taking out boxes and small items of furniture. Aizawa stopped in front of the short gate hunching his back. His dark clothes seemed inappropriate for the heat, but he didn't mind the sweat. A small plastic bag hang from his hand.

"What's going on?" he questioned one of the men, who placed down the box and wiped the sweat from his forehead. "Where's gramps?"

"Come on guys, just a few things left." A loud cheerful voice called from the house. Aizawa followed the sound with his gaze to see a young female waving at them. Her platinum locks stood out too much and fell freely on her shoulders. She hopped down the three front step and hurried towards them.

The movers grabbed the boxes and hurried into the house. She levelled with Aizawa, curiously studying the shabby man in front of her. "You must be Aizawa-sensei." She said still smiling. He narrowed his eyes distrustfully, which made her chuckle.

"Where's gramps?" he questioned grumpily when the bag in his hand ripped, and the contents fell out. She quickly kneeled to pick them up. Aizawa followed her lead.

"Oh, you like these sensei?" she shook a can of cold coffee in front of his face. "Are they any good?" when she picked the small tins of cat food she beamed. "You have a cat?" she handed him the items and straightened up. "That's great! Shiara you will have company." It was only then that Aizawa noticed a large black cat with while collar at her feet. He blinked feelings the bleaks of excitement rise inside him.

"This is Shiara. Shiara meet our neighbour Aizawa-sensei." She picked up the cat and shoved her at the man. Shocked he dropped what he was holding and grabbed the animal. "Grandpa told me you love cats. I'm glad. Wouldn't be able to live next to someone who didn't."

Shiara purred loudly and nuzzled into his chest. A brief smile crossed his lips, but [Y/N] saw it. He stroked the cat behind the ears earning soft purrs.

"I'm [Y/N] by the way. Grandpa should have told you about me."

Aizawa continued stroking the cat, trying to think back to the conversation he had with the old man three weeks ago. Gramps did mention something about his granddaughter coming for a visit. Or was it for a stay? Then where did he go?

"Grandpa moved in with my parents." she answered his silent question, once again picking up his shopping. "So now you'll have me as your neighbour. Let's get along."

He let go of the cat and she handed him his shopping. Aizawa didn't reply. The girl spoke too much, too quickly and too cheerfully, reminding him of Present Mic. And he found that rather annoying. "Welcome." his emotionless voice didn't bother her.

"Thanks."

He walked past her and made his way to the building.

"Hey, Aizawa-sensei," she called. Aizawa stopped and looked back frowning. "I'll pass by later to drop off some goodies from grandpa."

And just like that, on a hot summer day she burst into his life like a gush of wind, unexpectedly and uninvitedly.

***

The clock struck midnight and [Y/N] finally dropped down on the bed. Burying her face in the pillow, she groaned loudly and stretched her limbs. Her entire body, even the soles of her feet, ached from exhaustion. For a moment she regretted telling her parents that she could handle the move on her own. Maybe refusing their help was a bad idea. "No way." Pillow muffled the sound of her voice.