2.67

They watched from the rafters as Damien left the room cackling. Their rage burned in them as they slowly slunk their way closer to the god in those clunky silver chains. The crazed man with the Irish accent hadn't returned leaving Virgil without anyone to care for him. It broke their heart seeing the god just dangling there. They grabbed the beam below then, carefully and quietly shifting as they slowly lowered their body till they were dangling from the wooden support. They swung thyself up wrapping their legs around the second beam until they were upside down just staring at the god nearly passed out from the light they had on him.

They made sure the black mask they had on was covering their lower face properly before swinging themself again until they fell off the beam. They flipped mid-air landing on their feet with a very soft thud, hardly noticeable at all had the room not been completely silent. 

"Who..." They pulled the back hood over their hair as they slowly made their way closer to Virgil who was choking against the pain. "Who's th-there?" They didn't respond, making Virgil tense up all the more at the subtle touch to his back. "Who..."

"Shh." They whispered as they slowly stepped out in front of him, eyes firmly attached to the door to make sure no one else was coming in. Virgil just watched them through half-lidded eyes. He honestly couldn't tell if this person was an ally or a threat. Unfortunately, if they were a threat there was nothing he could do. They turned back to the god, whose eyes widened at the sight of those dark eyes. "Shh..." They repeated, a finger pressed against their lips. Virgil nodded as the person took in every cut and bruise with a very heavy heart. "Ní raibh mé riamh anseo. Tuig?" Virgil nodded again as they smiled although barely noticeable through the mask they wore. "Go maith. Coinnigh mar sin é." *I was never here. Understand?**Good. Keep it that way.*

"Wait!" Virgil called out seeing how they raced to the door. "Who are you?" They hesitated slightly before shaking their head and disappearing leaving Virgil all on his own. "Shit."

"Are ye ready?" Colt frowned hearing Roman's voice perk up from the door of their hotel room. "Colt?" He sighed as he nodded just gripping his pendant tightly in his grasp, eyes flashing sporadically at his emotions. Roman understood though. It was kind of hard not to. "Colt, I'm going to be tere wit' ya te whole time."

"They're going to know that it's me." Colt honestly felt like throwing up. "They're going to know what I've done." Roman's eyes turned a light blue as he nodded and sat down beside the other. "They aren't just going to ignore that. And Remy... Do you really think he's just going to let it go that HE was the one that let me in? Do you really think Emile is just going to stand there and not at least attempt to get some sort of retribution for all the souls I had taken. They all know about me."

"No, tey don't." Roman smiled sadly as he took his son's hand urging the other to look at him. "Tey know of te prodigal son. Tey know of te federation... but tey do not know YOU. Tey do not know Colton Black." Roman chuckled a bit as he flicked the demi lightly on his nose. "Do I have to go on anot'er spiel about how yer my son... not Merk's?"

"Fuck Mark." Colt laughed as he shook his head and turned his attention back to the pendant in his hand... his token... the very thing that Roman gave him when he claimed him as his kin. "No, you don't have to do that, Roman. I know who my father is." Roman's eyes went a blinding cyan as Colt smiled more. "It sure as fuck ain't that asshole Mark."

"Ten you trust tat I won't let tem hurt ye... right?" Colt deflated as Roman squeezed the other's hand. "I won't let anyt'ing happen."

"I know. I know that. You've reassured me every SINGLE time my nerves started going. It's just... It's not me I'm worried about, Roman." Roman's eyes darkened as Colt started to choke on his words. "I don't want my past to cause you trouble. I don't want everyone fighting. The longer we do the longer Virgil suffers. Yes, I'm scared they're going to lash out at me but I know I'd deserve it."

"Don't." Roman growled as Colt shot up seeing the silver glowing in the god's eyes. "Don't go tere."

"Roman, we what I've done. I may not have wanted to but I still did it. I have to pay for that at some point... and I will. I will do what I can to 'repent' in a way. I just... I don't know Roman. I'm scared. I've been scared the moment I got onto that plane. I don't know what's ahead of me." Roman whined silently as Colt sighed realizing all this was doing was hurting his father. "I'm sorry. I know you won't let anything happen."

"Yer damn right I won't." Roman said sternly as he forced the other to look at him, his eyes a very clear and powerful Silver and cyan. "I love you, Son." Colt's eyes widened in surprise as Roman smiled at him. "Yer going to be alright." Colt let himself relax as Roman pulled him in, holding him as close as he could get. "I won't say it'll be perfect right from te start... but in time tey will see ya as I do. Everyt'ing will be ok in te end. Alright?"

"Yea." Colt chuckled softly as he just let Roman continue to comfort him. "Thank you." Roman beamed as he nodded. "Oh... And uh..." Roman blinked a bit as Colt pushed away to give him this soft look. "I love you too, Dad." Tears filled the gods eyes instantly as they changed colors frantically with his emotions making Colt chuckle again at the stunned expression Roman had. The Demi took one last deep breath before nodding and giving the other this look snapping Roman out of his thoughts. "Ok. I think I'm ready now."

"Good." Roman lulled softly as he gestured towards the door. "Let's go ten."