2.52

"What are ye doing?" Roman giggled as he bounced slightly on the couch watching Colt, who was taking apart the phone he had just bought. The human glanced up at him with this look only to pause seeing Roman's eyes were still a bright white and he just sighed.

"I'm upgrading it... reworking the setup. I need something that's gonna be more than a phone." Roman's eyes shined as he scootched even closer catching Colt's eyes again. The younger frowned as he subtle sized the god up, curiously meeting Roman's eyes as the god just smiled with childish wonder. "I need it to be able to handle software my other phone did... before I destroyed it."

"Why'd ye destroy it?"

"My siblings had come to kill me." Roman's smile fell a bit as Colt turned back to the phone on the table. "If I hadn't they would have access to everything the phone provided for me. Plus they would have all the proof and evidence to my plan of getting you to the island. I couldn't risk them getting a hold of that."

"But don't ye lose everything?" Roman frowned in confusion as he watched Colt grab a small pin-like tool and shrug. "Ye destroyed it. Doesn't tat mean ye lose all te stuff too."

"It's better then it getting into the wrong hands, Roman." Roman nodded as he watched Colt seemingly poke and prod at the phone creating sparks. He had no idea what was going on but that itch to do something was starting to get unbearable. He gulped down his energy as his bounced his leg a bit trying to stay put and let Colt concentrate. Colt hesitated a bit glancing over at his leg before shooting a look up at the god who just tensed up more. He couldn't help it.

"Do you have ADHD?" Roman froze, a look of confusion on his face as Colt set the tool down and turned his attention to the god. "I'm sorry if that seemed rude or if it's a personal question... It's just from what I read in that one journal and with everything you're doing now... I just can't help but wonder."

"What's ADHD?"

"Oh, uh... It's nothing. I was just..." Colt sighed as Roman tilted his head obviously curious as to why the human would as him. "Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder." Roman's eyes widened as Colt shrugged a bit. "It's just... I've noticed a few signs. In the book, you wrote about how you'd spiral with your emotions and it honestly felt real... similar to what happens with me."

"Ye have ADHD?" Colt nodded making Roman relax a bit as the other refocused on the phone.

"I've gotten better at masking the symptoms. My father was never accepting of it. My mother was the only one who really actually cared." Colt's eyes darted back to Roman's leg as he started bouncing it and he sighed. "What are you doing?"

"Doing? Doing what?" Colt shot him a look making Roman stop his leg again as he just shook his head. "I'm not doing anything." Roman's white eyes only flashed brighter as they darted about the table and Colt smiled finally realizing what the problem was.

"You're bored." Roman's head snapped up as he frowned and nodded slowly.

"It's not just boredom... Mused moment." Colt nodded as he sifted through everything and pulled out this radio and screwdriver, handing it over, making Roman's eyes lit up. "What..."

"Take it apart as much as you can. Don't break anything, if you manage... but if you do it's not going to be much of a problem. Think of it as practice." Roman smiled as he quickly set to work giggling slightly as he did. Colt just watched for a second, highly confused but... not entirely dislike the company. He scoffed to himself quietly as he shook his head and started back on the phone. "Roman?" The god hummed softly acknowledging he had heard and Colt pulled a small piece from the phone switching it out for a different one. One that would make the phone much much faster. "I never did bring up your eyes before." Roman hesitated a bit shooting the human a look before turning back to the radio. He was already happy to have several pieces resting beside him on the table. "They change color... why?"

"My emotions." Colt's eyes narrowed as Roman audibly sighed. "My eyes will change based around te emotions and thoughts tat I have. Tat's why Alex and Virgil always knew what I was thinking."

"Ok but... Your eyes have been white now, since the store." Roman nodded as Colt pointed at him a bit with a look of concern before switching tools again. "Why is that?"

"Mused moment..."

"And what's that?" Roman set the small handheld radio down as he met with Colt's eyes, who tensed up thinking he had made the god angry.

"I'm a muse, Colt. I'm a few things really. I'm a muse, a cupid... a guardian. I never told Virgil but... He's not te only one who's a protector. I just never thought it relevant until... Until Alex." Roman's eyes had swirls of pale yellow and black swirling around the unending white. "I'm te god of creativity, love, passion... and of family. I mean... It's why I'm so protective of mine. My job is to protect tem to help a family flourish with love and devotion. I'm a protector just as Virgil is... I'm getting off-topic." Roman sighed as he ran his hand down his face. "I was talking about being a muse. Mused moments... Basically being tat I am a god of creativity, I inspire and spark it in others. Tat also means... tey can spark it in me. And since I am a muse when I have tose moments... it's intense."

"I think you wrote about one in your book." Roman nodded as he tried to go through what he remembered and what he had read.

"Yea. I did. It was when I was sick. I couldn't get tese pictures out of my head and I had to draw tem. Mused moments don't happen often. Tey only happen every once in a while or when someone else triggers tem." Colt frowned seeing the confusion fill Roman's expression entirely. "But tey're only triggered when te person temself has such a close tie to me. When tey temselves are one of my people. Like... I don't mean tey're just creative and everything no... I mean like... Tey're life revolves around it and he things tey do and create." Colt's eyes shot wide as he fumbled a bit making Roman frown. "Ye ok?"

"Uh... I... Um... Maybe?" Colt sighed as he shook his head. "I don't know."

"Maybe it's time to go rest again ten? I don't want ye getting sick." Colt just laughed as he turned back to his phone.

"I'll be fine, Roman. You just focus on getting all that pent up energy directed towards a task." Roman tensed before nodding and going back to his radio. Colt hesitated only slightly as his eyes narrowed in thought. Roman's only affected by those who directly fall under him. Meaning those who's lives are run but creativity, passion, love, or family. He's only affected by those who he greatly inspires. So...

Why did Colt affect him?