2.9

"Hey, Lo." Roman smiled as he carefully walked in with a tray finding the other sitting there in bed reading. "How are you feeling?"

"Ok, I suppose. Is that breakfast?" Roman hesitated for a second before shaking his head and placing it on the now cleared off the nightstand.

"No. It's lunch. You had breakfast earlier. Do you remember? You had Oatmeal and a chocolate muffin." Logan frowned as he set the book down into his lap to glare over at the other.

"Yes I'm 80 have a far better memory than you do Roman. I'd remember if I had breakfast." Roman only nodded as he sat down on the bed beside the other making Logan groan slightly. "I'm sorry. I'm a bit snippy."

"That's alright, Lo. I did bring you food though. It's just some mixed veggies and potato wedges but I figured you'd still enjoy them." Logan smiled slightly as Roman carefully brought over this small table that easily tucked under the bed so that Logan could have the table over his lap without having to move. "I also made you some more coffee. I know you've been asking for some."

"Thank you." Logan's smile grew as he carefully took the cup with his shaky hands and gingerly sipped it with a sigh. Roman melted slightly as he chuckled.

"Of course, Lo. It's no problem at all." Roman placed the plate in front of him and Logan cautiously nibbled at it but didn't complain. He never complained when Roman cooked, but the fact that he was eating with no issue meant today was a better day. Roman's been caring for the man for a several years now. Sure Roman wasn't his only caregiver, as Roman was chief and had to care for the island as well. But when he was here, His sole focus was the man that practically adopted him. Roman carefully pulled the book away from the man getting a slight glare in return as he pushed it onto the nightstand. He didn't understand why Logan was still 'reading' so much considering his eyes had gotten as bad as they did. In all honesty, Roman figured it was just the repetitive and familiar act of holding a book that Logan really focused on, but he wouldn't really know.

"Are you ok?" Roman just nodded as Logan took his cup again for another small sip. "You don't look ok."

"I'm just getting a sense of... Deja Vu, what with you being bed-bound and everything."

"Well, maybe if you let me get out of bed?" Roman sighed as Logan shot him a look that away's meant he wasn't really asking. "I mean, come on son. I feel fine. So just... why don't you help me up and we can go make some cookies or whatever. I'm sure Patton would like some."

"Yeah... But why don't we do that later ok?" Logan grumbled softly as Roman's eyes darkened a bit. He honestly felt really bad. Watching as Logan's memories slipped past him. Being as old as he is it was only a matter of time but... it still hurt to see. He supposed this must have been how they felt with him and his memory issue. Roman didn't like the uno reverse card the world had thrown at him... but even more so... He was still forgetting and now he had to be the one to help remind Logan.

"Where's Patton?" Roman tensed as he looked over to see Logan staring at the door. "It's Saturday, right? Patton wouldn't be at the daycare."

"Logan, it's Tuesday." Logan frowned as he turned back to see the sad smile Roman had. "It's Tuesday and... Patton isn't here."

"No it's Saturday. Patton has to be here. You just don't remember him so you probably didn't know it was him. Can you please go get Patton?" Roman couldn't help the tears that started to fall as he took a deep breath and just nodded.

"Sure, Lo. I'll go let him know you want him... But I want you to rest up a bit ok?" Roman carefully started to clear off the small table, putting everything on the tray as he stood up. "We wouldn't want to be to tired for him, right?"

"Thank you, Roman." 

"Of course, Sir." Roman smiled as he carefully carried the tray out only to crash once the door was closed. He forced himself into the kitchen putting the tray in the sink before sitting at the table and just... breaking down. It was hard. It really was. Sure Roman new it was going to happen. He was a god. He was immortal. Logan was not. He was always going to outlive the man. He knew that. He just couldn't stand seeing the man that took him in in such a state as he was... And this was a good day. Roman knew eventually there would come a time where Logan wouldn't be there anymore.

Roman sighed as he made his way to his room and sat at his desk. Ever since they had written that book about him and Virgil, he had started to do the same with everything. Having that reminder served to help and Roman wanted to do all he could to hold on to whatever memories he could... even if it was only in writing. He had a few ongoing. A book about all the friends he's made, one about the people he's met because he never liked the idea of forgetting anyone, and one that he had open right now about his time with Logan. It's been 39 since all that with Virgil had happened. In all honesty... Roman hardly remember anything that happened at all. He was desperately clinging to whatever memories he had of Virgil, but there really weren't many left. He was just thankful he had that book so he'd never be able to forget completely. He'd just have to read it to be reminded. 

Which was why he was writing one about Logan in the first place. Roman's never had a father... well, not one when he was a god anyway. But that man had been the closest he'd been to one and just like with Virgil... Roman didn't just want to forget someone he cared about. So when Logan started going down him with his health Roman took to writing everything he could down as to keep the memory of his 'father' alive... for Logan no longer was.