2.19

"There's is literally no shade here at all." Virgil grumbled as he felt his body shudder. He was holding himself tightly as he tried to ignore how everything wanted to shut down. This was so much worse than before. At least before he had his hoodie and jacket to block out as much of the sun as he could. Now it was just beating down on him and it was making him very weak. Roman laughed as he nudged him lightly leading him slowly through the garden he still tended to even now 150 years later. 

"It's a garden, Luc. How else ar the flowers supposed to get sunlight if it's shaded?" Virgil's eyes narrowed as he rubbed his arms a bit trying hard not to let his pain show.

"What did you w-want to talk about so badly anyway?" Roman frowned as he nodded with this off look in his eyes.

"You... You said I forgot you. That mean's met before."

"Yep." Roman hesitated as Virgil just shot him a look. "What?"

"I'm sorry... I guess I just wasn't expecting you to just outwardly confirm it." Virgil rolled his eyes as he hugged himself a bit tighter. "I just... I don't like the idea that I've forgotten people."

"You've lived over 650 years on this planet at the least Roman. It's impossible to assume that you'd remember everyone. Besides, your memory sucks ass."

"Thank..." Roman groaned as Virgil just chuckled softly. "But... The thing is Luci... When you walked away from me last weak, I couldn't take it. I was in so much pain and... I felt like I was losing something really important but I can't remember who or why I would feel like that..."

"Don't worry about it..."

"But I do worry about it." Roman stopped them in their tracks as he grabbed Virgil's same and just held them. He could feel how his body reacted... the urge to hug him and just hold him. He needed the contact but no one ever made him feel before. Not even Flounder and that stuffed fish was the only thing that kept him from being fully touch starved. It wasn't enough though... but this man's touch seemed to be helping him and he didn't know why. "I obviously forgot something really important... something that you are clearly a part of. I want to know what it is. I want to fix this. I want to fix whatever went happened but I can't if I don't remember."

"Roman, there is no remembering. You forgot. You forgot a very long time ago. You can't 'remember' it... All I was hoping to do was to just help you get maybe... the feeling back? I don't know. I don't know what I was thinking. I don't know why I did any of this. I should have just stayed away." Virgil went to pull away only for Roman to hold him tighter subconscious, making him have to stop. "Roman, can you please let go?"

"I'm sorry, I just..." Roman's grip got even tighter as his eyes flashed pink before turning black. He quickly pulled his hands away with a small anxious smile as he sighed. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Don't worry, really." Virgil instantly went back to hugging himself blessing the amount of skin the sun had access to as he tried to calm his breathing. "Was that really all you dragged me out here for? To try and 'remember' me?"

"No... but it's what I latched on to. Luci, I don't know who you are and that upsets me because you said we've met... I should know but I don't. I feel like... I feel like I know you but there's nothing... no memories to back it up. Luc... I feel like I should remember you." Virgil's eyes darkened as he shook slightly, both from the emotion in Roman's voice and how drained he was getting. "Please help me? Give me something?"

"Princey..."

"Like that." Virgil frowned as Roman flinched slightly. "You're the only person who calls me that but the name hurts. Why does that name hurt?"

"I didn't realize it hurt you. I'm sorry. I'll stop calling you it then."

"No, wait... Damn it, see this is what I don't understand." Roman whimpered at the overwhelmed tension as he shook himself out of his head. "It hurts. The name hurt and I don't want to be called it but... the idea of never hearing it again or of you not calling me that hurt even more. I don't remember ever being called Princey... so why do I feel like I lost something important to me every time I hear it?"

"Because you did." Roman's eyes flashed a light pale blue-gray in shock as Virgil just shrugged with a tired smirk. "You did lose something important to you... and you forgot him. I tried to tell you... but you only yelled at me."

"What?"

"Back at the memorial... I told you the person who wrote that one like about Virgil being a god must have cared deeply for him." Roman's eyes were steadily getting wider as Virgil just sighed. "I told you... you wrote it."

"No, I..."

"And here we go again." Roman paled as he quickly shook his head and clenched his fists. 

"How... How would you know that?" Virgil's eyes narrowed as the world started to tilt around him. "You said I wrote it. How would you know that?"

"Because I'm..." Virgil froze up, blood turning to ice as the world suddenly blurred out. "I'm... I..." This ringing filled his ears drowning out Roman who was asking if he was ok. It was obvious he wasn't. "I'm... uh... Shit." 

"Lucifer!" Virgil's eyes rolled back as he crumbled into Roman's arms who caught him the moment he saw him start to drop. "Luc? Lucifer? Shit... Hey!" Roman pushed Virgil's fringe back cringing at how glassy and dazed the man's eyes were as he shivered endlessly in his arms. "Luci? What's wrong? What happened?"

"Too... T-Too b-bright." Virgil whimpered as he felt his body start to shut down on him. "Too bright."

"No no don't close your eyes." Roman groaned with anxiety as he held on to the other closely. "I don't know what happened? Shit... I should call a doctor."

"No. No doc... just tired." Virgil moaned in pain as he pushed himself into Roman hoping to get out of the sun. "Too bright... the sun... it's too bright. Too weak... can't... can't stay awake." 

"The Sun?" Roman's eyes flashed a light grey as he quickly picked Virgil up and carried him to the closest shaded area there was... Patton's tree, which the garden literally led to had they kept walking. Roman gently laid the other down in the shade as he pulled his own jacket off and held it up to create an even darker shade over Virgil's face, who smiled and let out a content sigh. "Luci?"

"Thank you, Princey." Roman's eyes flashed pink and he smiled maneuvering himself enough to pull his phone out to text Alex. 

"Don't mention it, Luc. I'm just sorry you got sick." Virgil weakly shook his head as he curled up to get as much of his Body in the darker shadow as he could.

"My fault... didn't tell you." Roman's eyes narrowed in concern as Virgil gave a tired smile. "Bright lights make me sick... 'od of dar'ness. I 'et drained."

"It's ok, Luci. I know now... and I let Alex know what happened so just... just rest up ok? I've got you."