2.47

"Colt" Virgil whimpered a bit over how bright everything was lit making the youngest frown in concern.

"I know. I know... just... a bit longer Virgil." The god nodded as Colt helped support him. Alex took the flank arrow notched in his bow, making sure no one just randomly popped up. "In here." Colt shifted Virgil against the wall as Alex quickly fired at guard that rounded the corner, before closing the door quickly behind him. He turned around just in time to see Colt rushing about the place. 

"Colt... Babe, what are you doing?" Colt froze up instantly, blush covering his cheeks, as Alex frowned. "We don't have time to mess about."

"I know what I'm doing." Colt whined as he fumbled around only to growl at himself. "In theory... Fuck it. I don't have the patience to figure this shit out right now." Colt whipped out his gun and completely emptied his magazine into this large panel watching it spark into a fire. Virgil's eyes went wide as he and Alex both shot each other this look before the lights suddenly went dark. "Score!" 

"What did you..." This buzz filled the air as these much dimmer lights sparked to life signifying that the backup generators turned on. "Colt."

"I cut the main power." Colt smiled softly as he carefully helped Virgil up who sighed softly over the lack of such bright lights. It wasn't perfect... but it was much better and thus helped a lot. "If I didn't Virgil would never make it."

"Colt..."

"I'm getting you both out of here." Alex laughed as he brushed the human's hair back with a smile. "I'm not letting either of you get hurt because of my family's sick agenda."

"Colt... You are only human." Colt frowned as Alex whispered softly. "The only thing you have going for you... is that gun and you're skill over using it. Right now... You need to let us..." He gestured to himself and Virgil, as the eldest nodded in agreement. "...keep you alive."

"I don't understand." 

"They aren't after us." Colt's eyes narrowed as Alex's eyes faded to black. "They're after you. They're after you because you are helping us. We have magic. We can protect ourselves. You just wasted your entire ammo supply."

"I was just..."

"We know." Virgil cut in making Colt crash. "And I appreciate it, but... I told you. You fall under MY protection."

"And you just made yourself vulnerable." Alex finished as Colt frowned in realization. "Let us take over now. Ok?"

"I just want you safe." Alex smiled as he caressed his cheek, watching as Colt leaned into his touch. "That's all I wanted since all this shit happened. I just... want you safe."

"And I want you safe." Colt faltered a bit as Alex sighed. "Please? I know you still have trouble trusting in gods and their magic... but at least trust in me. You said you intend on saving the man you love?"

"Of course." Colt quickly responded as his hand reached up to Alex's. "I'm getting you out of here."

"No. We're getting you out of here." Colt juts crashed as he looked back at the mess of shot up tech and groaned. "You have insider information... the layout of the ENTIRE base... Colt, right now, YOU are the most valuable asset and resource we have. We need you to get out of this alive."

"What are you..." Alex pulled him into a hug shocking Colt completely as the demi whispered in his ears. 

"If shit goes south... You get yourself out of this place and back to Roman. You bring this place down, understand." Colt's eyes were just wide, tears falling hard, as Virgil met them with a knowing and understanding gaze. Alex pulled away and smiled sadly Colt shook his head. "You listen to me, Colt. You NEED to get out of here. You want to bring your family down right."

"I just want the bloodshed to end."

"It never going to end as long as the federation is up and running." Colt flinched as Alex took a deep breath to help keep himself gone. "Colt, I know this is hard. I know you're just going with the motions because you just want to protect me. I get that. I do. I know someone else who would walk through fire for his love. I need you to step down though and listen. The moment you decided to go against them for me is the moment you became a traitor. They will not hesitate to stop you by any means. You're too important now. You NEED to get out and find Roman."

"I won't need to do shit if you both get out alive."

"Who's going to stop them then? Roman fucking hates me. Do you really think he's just going to let me waltz back onto his island after I literally kidnaped his family?" Virgil laughed as he shook his head before shrugging.

"He doesn't really have a choice in the matter. Not if he read the message in the video correctly." Colt just paled as he shook his head again not wanting to accept this at all. "Colt..."

"No. Just no. My job is to get you to out of this..."

"No, Babe." Colt froze up again at the name making Alex smile over how flustered the big bad Colt get every time. "You're job is to get out of here alive."

"But..."

"I'm not saying we won't be there with you." Alex chuckled as he brushed the man's tears away. "I'm just saying that should something happen... DO NOT look back. You get out and you find Roman."

"No..."

"Promise me, Colt." Colt reeled back as his eyes instantly went to Virgil in understanding. If there was one thing he knew, it was if you made a promise with a demi you're promising their god. Alex squeezed Colt's hands drawing his attention back to him as he frowned. "Please... Promise me you will do whatever it takes to get out alive... even if it means you leave us behind."

"I'm not leaving..."

"PROMISE ME!" Colt flinched as he nodded suddenly feeling this weight just crash into him. Alex smiled as he let out a soft breath. "Use your words, Babe. I need you to say it."

"I-I... I promise." Colt whispered as his heart literally broke. "I'll do whatever it takes... even if it means leaving you behind."

"Good." Colt glared over at the demi who just laughed quietly.

"I don't want to leave you though. I want you safe." Alex nodded with a sad expression as Virgil groaned pushing himself up to check to see if the coast was clear.

"I know... and that's exactly why you had to promise me."