2.21

"Come on, Luci. You need to wake up now." Roman whispered softly as he watched the sunset. Alex smiled sadly as he laid there in the grass beside them. "Luc?"

"He won't respond to that name." Roman's eyes narrowed as Alex shook his head. "Try calling him a nickname or something... just not Lucifer."

"Why? It's his name."

"Just trust me, DB. Call him... Vi or Emo... I don't know..." Roman frowned as he glanced down at the man in his arms. He didn't know where it had come from or why he wanted to call him it but... He wasn't about to ignore the possibility that it was something meaningful... not when he just learned of what he had forgotten.

"Stormcloud?" Alex's eyes shot wide as Roman just smiled brushing his fingers through Virgil's hair. "Stormy, you need to wake up. The sun's setting. It's gonna be dark soon." Roman chuckled softly as he felt Virgil nuzzle into him. "Come on, Stormcloud. It'll help ya but you have to be up..." Roman frowned as his mind pulled him under a bit. "You have to be up to feel it."

"Roman, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I just got a weird sense of Deja vu." Alex smiled softly as Roman just shook his thoughts away and sighed. "Stormcloud?" Roman sang softly as Virgil smiled in his sleep. "Wakey wakey stormy."

"Princey, stop." Roman's eyes lit up a bright pink as Virgil's voice slurred out with sleep. "I'm sleeping."

"I know that, but you gotta get up now."

"No." Virgil giggled softly as he pushed himself into Roman more making the other melt completely. "Don't wanna."

"Please, Stormcloud?" Virgil shook his head making Roman smirk as he moved his hand away from the other and just sat there with a quirked brow refusing to touch him more than the fact that he was in his lap. Virgil's face scrunched up as his whined slightly, twitching as if wanting to hold him. 

"P-Princey?" Virgil mumbled as he started to shake. Roman's eyes narrowed in concern as the other whimpered. "R-Ro... Ro..."

"Oh no." Worry filled Roman completely as Alex slowly started to get up. "Roman you might want to move."

"What why?"

"Just trust me, DB. You need to let him go and move away." Roman tensed unable move at all Virgil started to fuss in his arm. "Roman..."

"Something's wrong..." Alex frowned as he took a step much to Roman concern. "Why do I need to let him go?"

"Because he's having a nightmare." Roman's eyes shot up as he looked down to see Virgil's hands starting to smoke with a blackened haze. "Then again... Maybe you don't have to."

"Stormcloud, it's ok. You're ok."

"R-Ro... Roman?" Roman's heart clenched at the fearful tone the other had. He didn't understand why he felt so protective of him but... It hurt to see him so scared. "H-Help..."

"I've got you." Virgil whimpered in his sleep as he started to shake more. "I've got you."

"Ro... R-Ro... Shit..." Virgil cried as he tensed up bad. "ROMAN!" Virgil jumped up, eyes wide, as blackened flamed burst around them. Tears fell endlessly from his eyes as Roman just held on.  Alex was right. He didn't have to let go. Roman had fire of his own and was much stronger than Virgil's. It didn't do anything to him. But the fact that he had such a strong reaction to whatever he had seen. "Roman?" Roman just smiled sadly as he pulled the other back into his chest, Virgil practically in shock over everything.

"You're ok." Virgil frowned as he just sat there staring blankly off at nothing. Roman frowned with concern, his eyes a bright pink as he just held the other close. "You're ok." Virgil's eyes met with Alex who just smiled at him, making his eyes narrow in confusion.

"What happened?"

"You were out in the sun way too long." Alex muttered quietly as to not set off the already slightly triggered exgod. "You got drained... and fell asleep."

"Well, why did do that?" Virgil rolled his eyes as he tried to push himself up only to freeze feeling the person holding him hold him tighter. His eyes darted up to see Roman and they went wide. "Roman?"

"Hey." Roman slowly let him go as he reached up and felt his forehead just in case, the fire having died down a bit ago. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Why were you holding me?" Roman just frowned as Virgil pushed himself up and out of his arms completely. "Alex?"

"I told you. You got drained..." Virgil rolled his eyes before glaring over at the demi. "What?"

"Why was Roman hold me?!" Roman flinched at the anger in Virgil's voice as the exgod shook his head angrily.

"Because I wanted to." Virgil's eyes went wide as Roman cowered away slightly, this pain in his chest. "You scared me. I was worried. I... I'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure you were ok. I didn't think you would have a problem with it." 

"You don't... You don't understand, Roman." Virgil shook as he hugged himself and groaned. "This is stupid. This is stupid. I can't..." Virgil took a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down. "Ignore me. That nightmare just... sorry. Thank you, Roman."

"No problem, Stormcloud." Virgil stumbled shock evident on his face making Roman laugh. "Sorry. I don't why I seem to be sticking with that name... it just... fits, I guess."

"You called me stormcloud." Virgil's eyes filled with tears as they seemed to like up. "Roman... you called me stormcloud."

"Yes?" Roman frowned with confusion as Virgil just giggled.

"No... You called me... stormcloud."

"Does that mean something?" Virgil laughed as he nodded.

"It means you haven't forgotten everything." Roman's eyes shot wide as Virgil giggled with a relief filled joy. "Alex... He just..."

"He's been calling you that the whole time." You could literally see the pure happiness in those lavender eyes and Roman couldn't help but stare, the pink in his eyes brighter then ever just over the look Virgil had. "You look happy."

"He's been calling me stormcloud!" Virgil let out a deep breath as he shook his head and laughed. "Ro... I thought you forgot everything but... You remembered the name you gave me. That means... That..." Virgil melted as he hugged himself a bit. "It means you do still remember me."