40

"Right here." Ash beamed as he walked over to this display case. "We have plenty more knives in the back to. Plus..." He gestured to the wall and Virgil literally flinched at all the different blades. "We have axes, lances, spears, and even a few scythes." Virgil literally felt like cowering. "Any that catch your eyes."

"The knife behind us." Virgil mumbled only making Ash frown as the youngest carefully looked everything over. Roman just stood there watching as Virgil hesitantly reached out for a bo staff only to shake his head and step back. "Ro... I just don't know." Virgil frowned as he felt a hand go to his back. "I'm not a weapon kind of guy. I've never really been one for fighting... How do you even know I have one?"

"All demi's have one, Virgil. We make sure to give you one so that we know that you're protected. Unfortunately, they aren't like the tokens we give you. We don't physically hand it to you... you have to find it." Virgil's eyes darkened as he watched Roman pick up a nice black knife and he frowned. "A dirk." Roman smiled as he held it up and examined the blade. "It's a long dagger... shorter than a sword but... not quite a knife."

"Still to big." Virgil half muttered making Roman's eyes go wide. The exgod quickly put it back before grabbing a different one making Virgil's eyes narrow. "What is that one?"

"It's a karambit." Roman held it out for Virgil who seemed to be eyeing it wearily. "It's a nice blade to have, Virgil. It's curved..." Roman gestured to the blade of the knife as he carefully set it in the youngers hand. "...much like a claw. And it's not as big as the dirk..."

"It is small." Virgil smiled slightly as he held it in his hand. His eyes narrowed as his hand twitched. "But the blade... I don't think I like how it's curved, Ro."

"What about this one?" Ash picked up this nice looking combat knife. It was small but sturdy and Virgil just smiled. He took it cautiously moving it from one hand to the other before whipping around and throwing it right at the dummy, sticking the blade right into the chest.

"Holy..."

"Shit." Ash finished for Roman as the two just stood there in shock. Virgil just frowned as turned back to Roman. 

"I... I don't think that one was right either. It didn't feel right when I threw it." Roman just nodded as he stared at the dummy with an almost proud look in his glowing pink eyes.

"Well, that probably because you don't really throw those knives." Ash muttered as he glanced back over at all the knives he had. "The fact that you could after only holding it for a while and... not knowing anything about them is very..."

"Surprising." Roman finished as he pulled Virgil in with one arm. "You're actually really good at that, Virgil. I guess a knife really was the right thing to go with."

"But it wasn't my weapon." Roman's smile fell as Virgil just sighed and rolled his eyes. "None of these felt right, Ro. I don't even know what I'm looking for."

"Hey... Hey, it's ok." Roman pulled Virgil in all the way hugging him tightly as Virgil crashed. "Remember what I said, Virgil. Your weapon could literally be anywhere in the world. We aren't expecting to find it... just one that you can use." 

"Should I see if I have any throwing knives in the back or..."

"No. No..." Virgil deflated as he pulled away. "There's no need."

"Are you sure, Virge?" Roman brushed the man's hair back as Virgil just nodded. "Ok, then."

"I do want to know more about those knives though." Virgil whispered as they started for the counter. Ash frowned as he pulled the combat knife from the dummy for Virgil, who had decided to just take that one.