57

"'m sorry." Roman muttered as he hugged Virgil's arm tighter. "You shouldn't be stuck with me."

"Roman, stop. I love you and you need me." Roman smiled softly as Virgil pulled him in closer. the two hadn't left Virgil's since Roman's collapse. That was two days ago. The god had JUST woken up enough to talk with him. Of course, all he's really been doing is apologizing and mumbling since he really wasn't fully awake yet either. Virgil's felt bad about leaving everything to Logan but right now his complete focus was in getting Roman better.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Roman groaned as he forced himself to turn over only for Virgil to wrap his arms around him and force him back into his chest as he placed soft kissed to Roman's hair. "V-Virgil, please?" Roman tied to push free but his body suddenly went lax with a whimper and Virgil sighed as he pulled him back in.

"You need to stop and just let me hold you. You won't get better if you don't." Virgil could see the tears slowly streaming from his love's eyes as he gently brushed them away. "You're ok, love. You're ok."

"Don't let me go." Virgil frowned as he looked down to see Roman's eyes fluttering. "Please? Don't let me go." Virgil smiled as he noticed how Roman was finally starting to come back to his senses. "Virgil?"

"I'm here." Roman sighed in content as Virgil helped Roman to turn over again until they were face to face, his fingers trailing through the other's hair. "I right here, Roman." Roman's eyes fluttered again as the started to open revealing them to be bright pink as he smiled.

"Hey." Virgil laughed with a slight roll of the eyes as Roman giggled. "'m sorry."

"You've been saying that for quite a while now, Ro." 

"Have I?" Virgil nodded as he brushed Roman's tears away again with this sad look in his eyes. "Well, I'm sorry for that too."

"Don't be. As long as you're getting better." Roman nodded as he pushed himself into Virgil's chest. 

"I guess I couldn't make it." Roman laughed as Virgil just tensed up over what he had said. "I should have known. I'm very clingy for a god."

"Roman..."

"Logan's probably fuming. I mean... not only are you with right now but... Your dad just died, Virgil. You should be with Logan... mourning his death not... Not with me." Virgil held onto Roman tighter as the exgod started to cry. "I just... I just wanted everything to go right. I didn't want to upset anyone. I... I'm sorry. I never meant to make things harder for you. I just wanted to keep my promise." The door slowly creaked open and Roman freaked out, burying his face into Virgil's chest afraid of what was going to happen. 

"Virgil?" Logan frowned as he walked in with a small try noticing right away how Roman shook in his son's arms. "Is he..."

"He's awake." Logan smiled with a small nod as he brought the tray over to Virgil's side of the bed. "You didn't have to..."

"You literally never got up for dinner that first night. Did you really think I was going to ignore that."

"Wait, what?" Roman whimpered as he pushed away only enough to look up at Virgil with teary eyes. "Virgil..." He whined quietly as his tears continued to fall. "Tell me you didn't..."

"I ate Roman. I ate more then you do." 

"I don't need to eat... much." Virgil rolled his eyes as Roman just buried his head back into his love not wanting to see Logan's angry expression... the expression that he did not have.

"Well, I brought enough for the both of you." Logan's voice was quiet and dull as it had been since it all happened. Logan's guilt and grief were clearly present and Virgil could see just how much his father wanted to fix it all. That's why he didn't fight him when Logan past him over a small plate of toast. "For him." Logan smiled slimly as he glanced down to see Roman shaking again. "I figured it's a good place to start."

"Thank you, Father." Logan nodded as he started for the door only for Virgil to stop him. "Wait." Virgil placed a soft kiss to Roman's hair before pushing himself up to a proper sitting position making Roman's head fall into his lap. Roman groaned as he looked up to see Virgil just smirking at him. "Can you stay?"

"You... want me to..." Virgil nodded making Logan's smile grow a bit more as he nodded as carefully sat down in the one chair Virgil always had in his room. "Ok then."

"No, wait..." Roman whined as he shot Virgil this look his eyes flashing grey and black. "Virgil?"

"It's ok, Roman. We all need to talk."

"Are you that scared of me?" Roman flinched slightly before sighing and shaking his head. He slowly pushed himself up out of Virgil's lap only to grimace and whimper in pain making Logan's heart actually break now that he knew what was wrong. Virgil frowned as leaned against him, resting his head on Roman's shoulder as he passed the toast over to him.

"I'm not scared of you, Logan." Roman smiled slightly as he just stared at the plate in his hand. "I feel guilty for all the trouble I've caused."

"You caused?" Roman nodded as Logan just shook his head. "Roman, you didn't cause a thing. I was unmoving. Everyone tried to get me to see reason. The only person you didn't push was you. You simply reassured me of your feeling and did whatever I had said, knowing what would happen. You didn't even try to fight me."

"I didn't want to upset anyone." Roman grumbled as he took a small teensy bit of his toast, glancing over to see Virgil smiling as the younger wrapped his arms around him, making him melt into the contact. "I'm sorry. Maybe if I tried to take things over with you. I said we would talk but... we never really did." Logan's eyes darkened as Roman's eyes turned a faded and dull red. "With everything going on I just wanted to make everything easier. Virgil needed me but... You had every right to hate me. You have every right..."

"I don't hate you."