44

"I love you." Virgil groaned playfully as Roman nuzzled into his neck while the two were in the elevator. "I love you so much."

"Is this just how it's going to be from now on?" Roman smiled as his eyes glowed such a bright pink. 

"Of course, My love." Virgil melted into his arms as Roman hummed softly. "I'm going to say it as much as I can to always remind you of how much I absolutely love you. That way you can never forget or think I'm lying ever again."

"Roman, I..."Virgil paused as his mind latched onto what Roman had said and he frowned. "Forget?"

"What?" Virgil sighed as he glanced up to see Roman giving him a concerned look, a light grey swirling about the pink in his eyes. 

"You said you were reminding me so that I could never forget." Roman frowned as Virgil just deflated a bit. "Surprisingly, I did forget about that... or well, no. I just didn't want to think about the idea of us forgetting each other."

"Virgil, I told you. I'm never going to forget you." Roman smiled softly as he leaned into him, pressing a soft kiss to Virgil's forehead. "I can't forget what I'll never be without."

"That's not true. You forget about your sword."

"No. I forgot how I got my sword, not about having it. Virgil, I won't lie. As the years go one, we very well might forget all about this time and how we met... our mission to save Thomas... But I will never forget you and even more so... I will never be away from you." Virgil gave a soft laugh as Roman took a deep breath hearing the elevator door open. "I promise you..."

"You've broken promises before, Roman." Virgil laughed as he walked out of the elevator giving the other a sassy smirk. "How do I know you won't break this one? That is... unless you didn't break that one promise." Roman shot the other this look making Virgil laugh. "Oh, well... Guess I'll just never know huh. That's what happens when a god breaks a promise. You'll just have to prove yourself in a new way then."

"So that's how it is, huh?" Virgil giggled as he took off running leaving a laughing Roman behind. "God, I love him." Roman sighed happily as he slowly made his way out to the lobby to find Virgil chatting away is Kallie, who was a buzz with energy.

"I knew it!" Kallie yelled out happily as she giggled and clapped excitedly. "I could feel this immense... pressure yesterday. My god was even far more active too. He must have been celebrating."

"Celebrating? Celebrating what?"

"Me, no doubt." Virgil jumped as Roman pulled him back into a hug with a smile on his face. "Ever since I renounce love, every cupid out there... including the cupid himself had been trying to get me back into the game so to speak." Roman chuckled as Kallie nodded in agreement. "I'm a god of romance, Virgil. I am one of them. For me to renounce love took a big hit on all of us."

"Roman, didn't that hurt you?" Roman's face softened as Kallie's eyes widened in shock over Virgil's question. "You said it yourself, You're a god of romance... wouldn't renouncing love have hurt you? You literally gave up a part of yourself." Roman frowned as he looked away making Virgil scoff with realization. "It did, didn't it? Will hurt you more than just a fucking 'heartbreak'. He literally made you question and hate your own existence as a 'cupid'."

"I was always more a muse than anything. I told you." Roman's frown grew even more as his eyes went to Kallies who was crying, eyes glowing so bright Roman had to grown. "Ero heard that didn't he?"

"I'm sorry. I said he was celebrating." Virgil got this look of confusion as Roman started laughing. "He's... very angry now."

"Oh, I bet. Ero was one of my friends. He, Frigg, and Sjöfn were very kind to me, as I was the baby amongst them all. I didn't have many friends but the ones I did were very protective of me." Kallie could only nod as her eyes darted to the side as if listening to something. "Just how angry is he?"

"Very." Kallie grimaced in slight pity as she shook her head and sighed. "He's going to talk with Hades."

"Oh shit." Roman burst out laughing as Virgil just stood there confused. "He's going to rip Will apart, isn't he? Isn't it bad enough that my brother got Dionysis to help him with killing Will in the first place?"

"Remus killed Will?!" Roman jumped as Virgil yelled out suddenly in shock. "Sorry, I just... that was all I could latch on to and it was so sudden."

"Yeah. He did." Roman bit his lip slightly as he hugged himself. "He was there when Will broke my heart. I had called him to help me... It hurt so much but Remus couldn't do anything and that hurt him so... just like he's always done... he helped in a different way. He talked his friend Dionysus into helping him and the two of them managed to kill off Will by way of drunk merriment."

"Well now my god wants him to suffer even more." Kallie whispered catching Roman's attention. "He's very angry that you were hurt so much."

"I'm fine. Really... He should be happy now." Roman pulled Virgil in making his eyes flash a bright pink as he just melted into the embrace. "I'm happy now."

"I swear if this is all it's going to be from now on..." Virgil giggled as he hugged Roman tight. "...I actually might get used to it."

"That's a good thing, Virgil." Roman laughed awkwardly as his eyes slowly started to turn a bright rosy red. "I don't think I could stop being so sappy even if I wanted to. It's the first time I've ever felt in tune with that part of me." Roman leaned in, cupping the man's face, as he let out a soft breath. "You've helped to awaken the cupid in me, Love... and as cheesy as that sounds... I am very grateful." Roman stopped jumped moments before they could actually kiss before moving slightly to peck his cheek softly. "I love you."

"AWE!" Kallie squealed making Virgil laugh as Roman groaned slightly having actually forgotten they were still just standing there. "I'm sorry." She giggled as she waved them off before walking off to help another customer. "You two go off now and have fun. And Virge..." Virgil frowned in confusion only for Kallie to give him a wink. "We want all the details, got it."

"We?" Kallie nodded as she pointed up with a laugh.

"He's basically demanding like a high school girl at a sleepover waiting to hear about everyone's crush." Virgil smiled as Roman quickly started to drag him off. "Have fun you two!"

"Well, now that that's over..." Roman laughed awkwardly as Virgil just rolled his eyes. "Let's go meet that friend of mine I told you about the other yesterday."