2.41

"Good morning, Virgil." The light blared on sending the god of darkness in a fit of pain as Colt just stood there with a frown. "I'm sorry. It's the only light they have in this room." Virgil hissed as he forced himself to look up at the other only to frown seeing the metal bucket he had. Colt smiled softly as he gestured to it slightly. "Can I?"

"C-Can you w-what?" Virgil choked out as Colt's smil fell. Virgil groaned as he spit out the blood pooling in his mouth from when the other brother, Damien, came for his own visit. "C-Came to f-finish w-what your b-brother didn't-t."

"I came to clean you up." Virgil froze as Colt gently let the bucket down, spilling the water a bit, as he did. He sighed as he looked around. He grabbed a chord that dangled from the ceiling and his eyes narrowed. "Honestly... No one ever listens to me." Colt frowned as he followed the chord to a small box. His eyes narrowed as he gestured for Virgil to wait a bit as he walked over and literally broke the box open.

"What are y-you..." The light suddenly dimmed making Virgil's eyes widen in shock. "What? W-Why?"

"I told them not to torture you. They don't listen. I'm the baby. They never listen to the baby." Colt smiled softly as he walked back over and gently rang out the cloth. Virgil tensed as he carefully started to dab the wounds clean with this serious look in his eyes. "You've been here for a while now. I've been... trying to figure things out. I'm sorry... I'm afraid I haven't gotten anywhere."

"I'm... confused." Colt's eyes softened as he pulled away and nodded. "Why are you helping me? You literally stabbed me..."

"I had to make sure you were in fact vulnerable." Virgil frowned as Colt's eyes darkened. "If I didn't come home with a definitive fact... My father would have raged war. I can only keep the bloodshed to a minimum if I play along." Virgil's eyes shot wide as Colt bit his lip a bit. "I didn't have a choice."

"You don't want to be here." Colt's eyes flashed slightly as he shook his head and returned back to cleaning the blood off of Virgil's face. "You... Are you the one... A-Alex was texting?" Colt froze up instantly, hand still outstretched, as Virgil's eyes narrowed. "You are aren't you. You're his 'friend'."

"I was undercover." Virgil just smirked as Colt's hand started to shake. He just stared the younger down as Colt rinsed off the cloth to continue his actions. "I was befriending your demi to get information. It was... the safest option to get intel on you. I went into it... to use him."

"You like him." Colt jumped, a subtle blush to his face as Virgil laughed. "You do. You like him. You date the god of romance and not pick up a few things. You like Alex."

"I... I don't..." Colt frowned as he shook his head and drop the cloth back into the bucket. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You two had been talking every single chance you got. Alex was never without his phone." Colt's frown only grew as this dazed look filled his eyes. "You may have started out just getting intel... but you started to care for him. Texting him all hours of the day... That's not just you using him."

"I... tried to warn him." Virgil's eyes darkened as Colt's voice shook. "I tried. I... I told him to run. I... I tried to protect him."

"But your brother still got him." Colt cringed as he nodded. Virgil just frowned as his eyes glanced up at the chains that held him there. "Where is he?"

"Safe. For now at least." Virgil quirked a brow as Colt hugged rolled his eyes. "They wouldn't listen to me about you but... They at least did with Alex. He's a demi despite what Damien said. Alex is a demi. Thus fell under the treaty. If any harm comes to Alex, Roman has every right to retaliate. It's bad enough they hurt you."

"Roman's going to come." Colt cringed as he nodded again.

"I'm counting on it." Virgil's eyes set as Colt swallowed his anxiety. "He promised to burn this place to the ground."

"Just make sure you're on the right side when he does." Colt's eyes shot wide as Virgil smiled. "It's not too late you know. If you REALLY don't want this... then do something about it." Colt smirked as he picked the bucket up and laughed.

"Who said I haven't already started?" Virgil paused as Colt winked at him. "Virgil, I've made my move. He just has to make his."

Roman sat there gripping his hair tightly as his breath hitched. He was struggling just to figure out what to do. He couldn't function. His panic over losing Virgil AND Alex froze him in his spot only to make him guilty and broken over not having gone after them, to begin with. Now it was too late. He didn't know where the federation was. He had no clue where to go. He was just... dead. 

His eyes glanced over to the phone sitting there beside him and they narrowed in thought. It blinked again letting him know he had gotten a text. Correction, that Alex had gotten a text. He hadn't even turned it on since the day they were taken. He simply plugged it in and crashed. He figured it was his friend and frankly he didn't want deal with that right now. His love... his fiance had been kidnapped. The very kid that's grown to be his son was taken too. He was alone. All alone... again!

Roman gripped his hand clutching the engagement ring close to his chest as the notification sound went off again letting Roman know there was yet another text. He sighed as he forced himself to take the phone, unplugging it as he did so, and turn it on. His eyes narrowed as he clicked the text only to freeze.

'Roman, get off your ass and fucking text me, moran.' Roman paled as he nearly dropped the phone in shock. He quickly scrambled to read all the texts prior and his heart just dropped.

'Who are you?' Roman frowned as he gripped the phone tightly praying to well all the god, that this wasn't some kind of a trick.

'A friend.' That didn't help at all, Roman grumbled slightly as his eyes flashed black.

'How do I know know that?'

'Because I'm the only thing that's keeping you connected to your family right now, Roman.' Roman flinched as he deflated into the couch. 'I want to help. No. I need to help.'

'I don't know who you are.' Roman was quick to shoot back as his hands shook. 'I don't know if I can trust you.' Roman waited only for his heart to drop as an image came through. His heart literally broke. It as Virgil's ring. His engagement ring... on a table. 

'I can keep you updated on them. So that you know they're ok. I'm on the inside here, Roman. I'll do whatever I can to help you. You HAVE to trust me. Otherwise... no one get's out of this. None of us anyway.'

'And why are you doing this? Why would you even want to help? If you 'on the inside' as you said... that means you're a part of the federation. Why do you even care?' Roman's eyes narrowed as his pain burned through him. He wanted nothing more than to jump through the phone and just... be there. Sure he can teleport. But if he's never been there before, There was nothing for him to visualize. He just didn't know where he was supposed to go.

'Because two very strong and caring men told me to get off MY ass and do something about it. I never wanted this. I just thought I didn't have a choice. I don't have a choice.... not with this.' Roman faltered as the messages just kept rolling in. 'I can't just sit back and let this... this 'family' continue on doing all this. I've tried changing things from the inside and it's done nothing. They aren't going to change. The federation isn't going to change... so that means that... I have to change. If they won't stop... THEN I WILL STOP THEM!'

'Who are you?' Roman asked again as his thoughts spiralled around him. He didn't have to wait for a response. It came back immediately but it seemed... it was all Roman was going to get for now.

'A friend.'