66

"Thomas?" Virgil whispered quietly as he pushed the door open ignoring the sense of dread that filled him with every step. Roman frowned as he carefully let the door close behind him. Their eyes met for only a second before Roman was slammed against the door by a very pissed off Demon father.

"How are you still alive?" Roman chuckled as he gripped Thomas's wrist tightly, flames sparking from his fingers as Thomas squeezed his neck firmly.

"Nice to... see you again... Thomas."

"LET HIM GO!" Thomas's eyes snapped over to see Virgil there and this pure horror filled his eyes. "Let. Him. Go!"

"Virgil, stop!" Roman groaned as Thomas growled viciously at him. "As long as his target is me I don't care."

"Virgil, son... What are you doing here?" Thomas spoke a sickly sweet as he slammed Roman against the door again making the god cry out in pain. "You should be on the island with Patton and Logan."

"Dad's dead, Thomas." Thomas's 'smile' fell as Virgil's eyes kept darting from him to Roman, who was struggling to breathe. Roman did say even as a full god Thomas was much much stronger than he was. "Dad died like... more than a week ago."

"Patton's dead?" Virgil nodded as Thomas just zoned out a bit. "I don't... understand."

"You took back your blessings." Thomas tensed as Virgil shrugged. "Apparently you had healed him and when you started taking them back... his sickness came back too."

"I..." Thomas fixed his posture as he frowned and nodded. "I'm sorry. I wasn't completely aware I even did that. Your father just pissed me off."

"Been there... SHIT!" Roman cried out in pain as Thomas slammed him against the door again hard enough to crack it as his attention turned back to the god. "Should've kept quiet."

"No... You should have died!" Roman's eyes flashed a faded and dulled red catching Thomas's attention real fast. "Wait... What?" Thomas literally sniffled the air before dropping Roman onto the ground with this growl. "When the FUCK did you become a damn god again? Last I check you were still a puny demi!"

"Thomas, stop it." Virgil grabbed his arm trying to pull him away only making Thomas snap. The demon threw Virgil back without even noticing making him hit the floor with a thud.

"Virgil!" Roman vanished startling Thomas who whipped around to find Roman helping the other off the floor. "Virgil? Are you ok?" Virgil just smiled softly as he nodded as winced. "I told you not to do anything."

"I just couldn't let him hurt you." Roman chuckled as he shook his head.

"Love, I'd rather it me than you. Please, don't interfere again?" Thomas's eyes flashed with rage as Roman whimpered under the pressure of his aura. Virgil, however, didn't feel it any as he was Thomas's demi. It didn't affect him like it was Roman. "Shit... Room, please stop spinning." Roman laughed as Virgil freaked out.

"Ro? Thomas stop!" Virgil whined as he pulled Roman in who whimpered at the movement.

"Virgil, I want you to get away from him right now." Virgil only narrowed his eyes in challenge as he held onto Roman tighter. "Now, Virgil! You have no idea who that man is."

"I know exactly who Roman is!" Thomas's eyes snapped up as Virgil just glared at him. "And if you hurt him anymore, I'll never forgive you."

"Virgil..."

"I love him!" The whole room went completely silent as Virgil just took a deep breath. Thomas made no visible reaction but he knew Thomas was affected. "I love him, Thomas... And he loves me."

"Impossible."

"How else do you think he's a god again?" Thomas's eyes narrowed only slightly as Virgil pulled Roman better into his chest. "I know why you hate him so much. I know... Logan went through the same thing but... he learned to care for him. Please? Can't you do the same? I love him."

"I refuse to believe the man that threatened to kill you, would ever love you." Virgil flinched as his hand went to his necklace. Roman frowned as he tried to take Virgil's hand in his.

"Don't... Don't listen, Love. It's not... him." Virgil sighed as nodded as carefully laid Roman onto the floor before getting up and walking until he was right in front of the man.

"You need to go to sleep, Father." Thomas's eyes shot wide as Virgil just smiled at him. "You're exhausted. I can tell."

"No. No, I..."

"You even have dark circles around your eyes. I thought I was the emo." Thomas frowned as he shook his head. "Come on..."

"No, Virgil. I'm not going to sleep. I have to stay up. I have to. I have to keep you safe. I have to protect you... From him!" Thomas growled over at the god only making Virgil react by grabbing his arm and drawing his attention back in. "Virgil... He said he would kill you."

"But your the only one who been doing that." Thomas's face fell as Virgil's hand went to the necklace again. "By taking back the blessings... you're killing me too."

"No. No, I wouldn't... I wouldn't do that." Roman groaned as he pushed himself up to a sitting position.

"You did." Thomas frowned as he looked over to see Roman smiling sadly. "You did though Thomas. I was there. I..." Thomas frowned as Roman's eyes went black. "I did everything I could to save him. I almost didn't."

"But... That doesn't make sense. Virgil's my son. I WOULD NEVER..." Thomas stumbled back with this look of fear as he just shook his head. "Why... Why am I even still awake? I shouldn't be... I should be sleeping. I... Virgil?" Thomas winced in pain as he tried to work through everything. "I... I think... I think I need help." 

"That's what we're here for." Roman blinked out again before popping back up behind the demon to hold him up making Thomas frown in confusion. "We're both here to help you."

"Why?" Thomas whimpered as Roman smiled sadly. "I tried to kill you." Virgil's eyes flashed as Roman just shook his head. "I... I made the cave collapse. I tried to kill you. Why would you help me?"

"Because the man I love and means the world to me cares about you." Thomas's eyes went wide as Roman just nodded. "And Because... I understand what it's like to have your anger take over. I never meant what I said. I've regretted it since that day, I swear." Roman's eyes met with Virgil's, who just smiled at him lovingly. "I never forgave myself for upsetting you so much. You were the only one who truly understood what I was going through and I just snapped. I don't think I ever will forgive myself, to be honest." Thomas frowned as he looked away listening to the other as Roman just kept staring at his love. "But I do know that I want to spend forever doing all that I can to make it up. That is..." Thomas glanced back up to see Roman giving him this questioning look. "...If you'd let me try."

"You... I'm confused."

"Thomas, I love Virgil... with all my heart." Thomas's eyes filled with shock as Roman laughed softly. "Look at me, Thomas... I'm a god again. Isn't that proof enough of my feelings?"

"You mean..." Thomas turned to Virgil with this look only getting a nod in response and he completely crashed. "You mean you really love my son?"

"More than anything, Thomas." Thomas just groaned in frustration as he started to tear up. "What?"

"It's not gonna matter." Thomas pushed himself out of Roman's support, stumbling slightly as he shook his head. "It doesn't matter. None of it matters."

"Thomas?" Virgil tensed with concern feeling his pain as if it was his own. "What's wrong?"

"The world is dying." Virgil's eyes went wide as Thomas's eyes filled with pain. "And there's nothing I can do to fix it. So all this... with you... with him... it doesn't matter."