2.11

"There you go, Lo." Roman smiled as he gently placed a small potted blue and white rose plant beside the memorial. He clutched his books so tightly in his hands as he tried not to cry again. He could feel that unknown presence lingering around him. Ever since Logan died it's never really gone away. Whatever god it was, was clearly watching over him and Roman couldn't help but smile. Maybe... Maybe things will work out for the best at some point.

"Hey there, Dragon witch." Roman jumped up in shock finding himself staring at this man about maybe... 20 years old? He looked it but... His eyes were black. Human's typically don't have black eyes. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"I'm sorry." The man laughed as he ran a hand through his hair with a smirk. "Do I know you?"

"Well, I suppose not. But we have seen each other before... You're the dragon witch, Roman! I'd never forget that." Roman just stood there highly confused the guy sighed and rolled his eyes. "The name's Alex Grayburn. We 'met' when I was 10... 40 years ago." Roman's eyes shot wide as Alex just beamed. "Virgil helped me find my mother when I got lost... and you my dramatic dragon god... you lit your hand on fire and the nickname just sort of stuck."

"You're a demi?" Alex nodded as he held his hand out summoning a small dark flame.

"Pretty cool huh? My god's pretty chill. So... Romano cheesy... what are you doing?" Roman frowned as he glanced back at the memorial. 

"My Father passed away recently. I was just putting some flowers down for him." Alex's eyes went wide as he glanced up and sucked his teeth. 

"Shit dude. No wonder he's been offline." Alex just smiled and glanced behind the god with this sad look in his eyes. "Was hoping to meet the pops but... guess that's ok then."

"What are you talking about?"

"Nothing DB. Nothing at all." Alex slowly walked over placing a hand onto the cool black marble and sighed. "Hey, why don't we go somewhere to catch up or something?"

"I can't... sorry."

"Roman, wait..." Roman froze up as Alex grabbed his arm suddenly stopping him from leaving. "You really shouldn't be alone right now."

"I'm not alone." He had that mysterious aura following him around. Roman frowned in confusion as Alex's eyes started to shift and go completely black. "Look, kid, I'm busy. I've got an entire island I have to care for."

"You can take a break for a few minutes, DB." Roman's eyes flashed red as he pulled his arm from the other's grasp.

"I'm fine."

"He doesn't think so." Roman's blood turned to ice as Alex just smiled over at him. "You might not remember me... But I remember you. It may have been 40 years but I never forgot what you two did for me. You two are the reason I still believed in you gods. And it was you two that got me to where I am now..."

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so..."

"I was informed of your anger, DB. I'm not upset. You just lost your father. You have the right to be a bit test. Unfortunately..." Alex laughed as he stuffed his hands into his pockets. "...my god sent me here for a reason. I ain't getting on his bad side just because you don't think you need a break."

"Alex, I will consider it but... for right now, I really do just want to be left alone." Alex just held his hands up with a smile.

"Fine. You do you, DB. I'll still be here if you need me." Roman's eyes narrowed as Alex just laughed. Roman watched as the kid turned around and sat down on his knees in front of the memorial with a smile. 

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" Alex teased as he let his eyes slip shut. "I'm paying respect to the god of this island... or at least one of them. The lost god... Virgil Davis."

"He's not a god. He's a demi... like you."

"Oh hush, DB." Roman groaned as he sat there next to Alex with a slight pout. Maybe he did enjoy the company. It had been far to quiet at the house and he wasn't doing so good with it. Maybe he didn't want to be alone after all. "I thought you wanted to be..."

"Don't." Alex juts nodded as he sat there in silence with a small smile on his face. "What are you doing exactly?"

"Paying respects..."

"Yeah, I know but... I mean..." Roman shook his head as he just stared off at nothing really. "Why?"

"Because I have to, Roman." Roman's eyes darkened as Alex sighed. "You might not understand the importance of this... but as a demi, if I came here and didn't pay Virgil respect than that would be a great disrespect on my part."

"Virgil isn't a god though. We literally buried him here. I don't know who the heck wrote that on the memorial but it's doing more harm than good. Virgil is dead... Virgil... Logan... they're all dead." Roman swallowed his pain as tears started to fall from his eyes. "They're dead and I'm alone."

"You're not alone, DB." Roman looked over to see Alex giving him a very supportive smile. "You're not alone. You have me."

"I don't even know you." Alex laughed as he nodded as pushed himself up, dusting his pants off with a smirk. 

"That's quite alright, DB. You don't have to. I know him... and he knows you so..."

"Who?"

"My god." Roman's eyes went wide as Alex just shrugged. "And he's worried about you... so quit your mopping about and let's go. I'm kind of starving."

"You're god knows me?" Alex nodded with a smiled as he helped Roman up and laughed at the confused look he had. "Who? Who is it?"

"No can do, DB. That's privileged information." Roman groaned in annoyance as Alex flicked him lightly. "But seriously let's go eat. We can catch up over lunch."

"Why do you keep calling me DB?" Roman stumbled as Alex started to drag him off towards town. "What does that even mean?"

"It means Dragon Bitch." Alex laughed loudly as Roman's face paled. "Yeah, I'm not letting that name go!"