2.58

"Wakey Wakey, lamb chop!" Virgil groaned as he forced himself to open his eyes to see a very blurry figure before him, only to flinch at the light slap to his cheek. "Come on, Lad. Use yer eyes tere." 

"Slap me again and I'll bite your hand." Virgil blinked finally getting his vision to focus to find Fin standing there with a smirk.

"Trust me... I'd let ye." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Fin laughed at his confusion. "Anywho, I want to know more about Roman. And I mean it too. Te whole shite and caboodle."

"Kit and caboodle?" Fin just sat there on this barrel staring off as if nothing was said.

"Precisely." He blinked a bit before just shrugging. "Tat's what I said. Te whole shite and caboodle."

"Right." Virgil rolled his eyes as He groaned in pain from the chaffing of the chains. "What do you want to know?"

"Where to find him." Virgil's eyes shot up, glowing lavender, as he growled viciously in warning only serving to make Fin smile. "Oh sheath yer claws, kitten. I'm not going to hurt te god of finding dick."

"No that's... You know what never mind." Fin quirked a brow as Virgil fussed with his restraints. "Why do you want to find him?"

"Oh, I don't knew. Why would I ever want to meet te lad who shares te same name as me? I haven't a clue."

"Don't be cheeky." Fin just laughed as he shook his head.

"Trust me, lad... Ye'd know if I were being cheeky." Virgil tensed as he noticed the smirk the human was giving him.

"Something tells me your talking more a bout a 'full moon' then you are about your tongue." 

"Yep." Virgil rolled his eyes as he gave up on understanding the man. To be honest, he rememinded him a lot of his time with... Virgil frowned as he glanced back with a new found intrigue. 

"You want to find out if you really are related?" Fin just nodded as Virgil smiled a bit. "And you won't hurt him?"

"Now why would I go off and do tat fer? T'ere'd be no fun in tat." Fin grinned as Virgil just shook his head in annoyance. "Trying to off a possible relative is only fun when te whole family is involves. Otherwise, it's nothing but a bunch of hobshite... a completely waste of time. No, Lad. I want to know where he is so that I can get some blood for a DNA test."

Roman nudged the door open to see Colt just sitting there with this thoughtful look in his eyes and he smiled. He really didn't understand how it got to this point. He had thought about. He wondered if him being a god of family made him latch onto the man. At the end of it all, he just didn't really care. The simple fact was... This human... Colt Graberson... He had become a son to Roman, and the god just wanted to make sure he was safe and happy.

"How ya feelin', Kiddo?" Another thing he didn't know... Where in the world had he picked up Kiddo from? It didn't seem to worry Roman much though as Colt smiled upon hearing it. "Ya doin' alright?"

"Yeah, I'm ok." Colt's smile only grew as Roman sat down on the bed side him. "Just... surprised, is all. I was going over what happened."

"Are ye finally going to tell me what ye were doing?" Colt laughed as he nodded and leaned back against the headboard. "I got very upset...hearing what ye were saying. I got angry."

"That was the point, Roman." Roman's eyes widened a small bit as Colt stared at his hands. "I was trying to get you angry at me."

"Why?" Colt's eyes met his and it was clear as day just how worried Roman was. "Colt... I can't control my anger. I lash out. If anyt'ing had happened to ya because I couldn't calm down..."

"That's the point though, Roman." Colt cut the god off as he shrugged. "I needed to know what you would have done. I needed to know what would happen if you got really angry at me."

"I could have hurt ye." Colt could see the pain in Roman's eyes as the dark blue mixed with a pale yellow swirling in such away Colt didn't even have to guess what they meant to know Roman was upset and it was hurting him. "I can't control what I do. I get so angry tat... I just... Why would ya risk tat?"

"I needed to know if I could trust you." Roman tensed as Colt looked away not wanting to see the flurry of colors that made Roman's eyes look like a color wheel of ever changing hues. "I needed you to get angry at me so that I could know once and for all if I could trust you completely. And Ro..." Colt smiled as he laughed softly at himself. "I think I got my answer. I literally told you the truth about what happened with... With Ellie and you got so mad at me... for blaming myself. You... You proved to me I don't have to be scared."

"No. Ye don't." Roman smiled softly as he took a deep breath and pushed himself further onto the bed to talk. "But we do need to figgure some t'ings out."

"Oh?" Roman nodded as he started to figet with his fingers. A nervous habit Colt hadn't actually seen Roman do before. "Roman, what's wrong?"

"Virgil." Colt's eyes widened as Roman only nodded again. "And te Federation... We need to figgure out what we're doing."

"What do you mean what we're doing? We're burning the place down." Roman chuckled softly as Colt growled. "Right down to ash..."

"How? Kiddo, te place is crawling with soldiers." Colt faltered as as Roman smiled slowly. "Yes, I can't die but... Ye can. Ye... Virgil... We have to be smart about tis. We can't go in blind... and we can't go alone."

"What are you suggesting?" Roman's light grey eyes darkened as he looked at his hands and fidgeted again nerviously. "Roman?"

"We need reinforcements... Help so... I'm thinking we should as my brother." Colt's eyes shot wide as Roman flinched. "Not only him but... Emile too. He's a friend. He's kept in touch wit' me so I know I can get ahold of him... Te only problem is... He lives in Gaurdwell."

"Wait, you want to ask a demon and a demi of Minerva for help. The demi problem aside... You seriously want to ask a DEMON?!" Roman could only nod.

"He's my brother, Colt. More so... He was a god first. Yes, he's chaotic but he isn't evil... just self serving for te most part." Colt shot him this look and Roman laughed. "Tink about i'. What's more self serving ten bringing down te federation tat wants to hunt him and his family down?"

"That's nice and all but what about me?" Roman frowned as Colt shook his head. "You're expecting the king of Demons to just ignore who I am. You're expecting a Demi to just ignore it... Say we somehow do get in to Gaurdwell... Let's say I'm not murdered on sight... I'm still Colt Graberson. There is no way either of them is going to help."

"But yer not." Colt frowned as Roman smiled softly. "Yer not a Graberson."

"Yes, I am." 

"No. Yer not. Ye've proven that ye aren't yer family. Ye need to stop seeing yerself as one of tem. Ye aren't. Ye are not'ing like tem... Blood... DNA... It means nothing if ya don't have tat bond. True family is te one ye chose to be around." Roman's eyes flashed silvery blue, his protectiveness shining through. "Yer not tem. Ya never were so... Maybe... We stop calling ye as if ye were?"

"What?"

"I mean, name change Colt." Colt's eyes widened even more as if that was possible making Roman laughed softly. "Be yer own person. Ye chose who ya are are not tem. Yer not a Graberson so... ye tell me who ya want to be.

"Roman, that's easier said than done. I can't just... pick a new name. What exactly would I pick?!" Roman's went cyan for the first time in his entire existence which surprised Colt by the sudden beautiful color. Roman smield slightly the cyan mixing perfectly with the silvery blue showing to the entire would that Roman considered Colt his son and that he was protective of him. 

"Well, tere's one name I can tink of..." Roman sighed as he shock those pretty blue like colors out of his eyes making them light grey again. "Forget it. I was trying to help. We can talk more about tis all later. Get some rest, Colt. You're going to need it with my brother coming."