56

Logan slowly let the door close behind him as he held himself back from breaking down. He had a lot of things to work through. Such as calling the people necessary for caring for Patton's body before they can work the pyre up. After that... they had less than a week to get everything in order. Logan was already in hyperdrive trying to plan everything out. He sighed as he looked up to see Roman smiling supportively at him while Virgil hugged himself against the wall. 

"Roman... Did you mean what you said?" Roman's eyes narrowed in confusion sparking a bit of light grey and hazel blue to swirl around the black. "When you said that you had friends that would watch over him?"

"Hades himself told me so." Logan's eyes went wide as Roman looked away. "He's the whole reason I woke up in time. He told me what was happening and promised to care for him... as long as I got ass up for Virgil." Roman chuckled slightly as he glanced over at his love, eyes flashing pink, making Logan's eyes go wide. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't there at the start. i should have been. I just couldn't get up..."

"It's ok, Roman." Virgil muttered as he shook his head as started to walk off. "I just want to keep busy right now."

"Of course, my love." Roman crashed slightly swaying in exhaustion as he watched Virgil walk off. "I'm here if you need me."

"Roman?" The god frowned as he stumbled slightly just keep himself from falling. Logan could see just how sick the other was. He didn't need to see those black eyes turn pale yellow to know he was in pain. "Are you sure you should be up right now?"

"Honestly?" Logan nodded as Roman smiled sadly. "No, I shouldn't be, but... I've been away from Virgil for to long. I prom..." Roman groaned as he hugged himself slight hoping the world would stop spinning. "I promised him I would leave his side. I almost didn't make it there in time. If Hades didn't wake me up... I never would've shown up. If I wasn't there for him... I don't know what would've happened." Roman laughed softly as he shook his head as shot the other a silly yet tired look. "Thankfully, I don't have to find out. We should go, Lo. You and Virgil have things you have to do."

"Right." Logan frowned as he watched Roman walk off in the direction Virlgi had gone and he shook his head in frustration. Roman was right but how what he supposed to focus on anything when he looked about ready to follow Patton right along. As Logan entered the office he was faced with a very distraught Virgil. He was his son after all. Virgil was frantically going about the room looking for everything they had on the funeral arrangements. All while visibly trying not to break down, as it was clearly what his body wanted to do. "Virgil, stop."

"No. No, I can't. I have to... Damn it where are the papers?!" Logan frowned as he carefully pulled them out of the drawer making Virgil freeze up. "Oh."

"It's ok, Virgil." Logan held his arms out watching as his son quietly walked into them and just held on to him tightly. "You're too much like me, you know? It's ok to cry."

"Take your own advice." Logan laughed softly as Virgil just shook his head. "I can't. I have to work on this. We have to finish everything. Dad, he..." Virgil tensed up horribly as he just shook his head again. "I can't. I have to keep busy."

"Roman, can you please..." Logan froze dead in his tracks as his eyes met with the exgod by the wall. "Roman?" Roman was just standing there dazed out. His bright sickly green and black eyes were flashing but obviously glassed over as his breathing looked damn near nonexistent. "Virgil, something's wrong with Roman." Virgil jumped back in fear as Roman's eyes narrowed. He finally looked up at them and everything just snapped. 

"ROMAN!" Roman's eyes rolled back as he Virgil ran over to catch him as he crumbled to the floor. "Shit. Ro... No. Wake up. Roman, I need you. You need to wake up. ROMAN!"

"What happened?" You could tell by how panicky Logan's voice was, that he was clearly breaking. "Virgil..."

"Roman, Love... Please, fucking open your eyes." Virgil was panicking as he pulled the trembling Roman into his lap. He was practically seizing in his arms. "Roman, please? Please... I'm here. I'm here and I'm holding you. So just open your damn eyes for me, love." Virgil sobbed as he held onto Roman tighter leaning into him till he was crying into his shirt. "I told you. I told you, you were sick. I said you were doing it again. I should have told you to shut up and just fucking held you when I could. I should've ignored that stupid room rule. Damn it. Roman, please, wake up."

"Virgil, what is going on?" Virgil shook his head furiously far to upset to even want to talk to his father at that moment. His mind was in a complete spiral. He just lost his dad and now this. He couldn't cope. 

"Roman, if you love me... you'll wake up." Virgil choked out with bright glowing blue eyes as he watched Roman's face scrunch up in pain. "Please? Please, wake up. I know your hurting. I know you're in pain. But you won't get better if you don't feel the contact so, please? Roman, please?" Virgil gasped quietly as Roman weekly leaned into him more wrapping his arms around his as he nuzzled into it. "There you go. You feel it now don't you?" Roman sighed in his sleep as he smiled into Virgil's arm, the trembling dying down to a shake. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I neglected you. I shouldn't have let you push me away."

"Virgil!" Virgil snapped up to see Logan standing there in obvious distress and he frowned. "What is going on?"

"Roman... He's touch starved... again." Logan's eyes went wide as Virgil just smiled sadly through the tears, cradling Roman closely to his chest. "He hadn't gotten this bad the last time though. I didn't even know he could get this bad."

"Touch starved? How does that..."

"Roman is a god of love and romance, Father." Logan clammed up as Virgil forced his words through his teeth. "He is a god of romance... of the affection... He thrives on it... And he loves me." Virgil let out a shaky breath as logan just leaned against the wall trying to work through his thoughts. "He needs me to hold him. He needs contact from me. If he doesn't get it... he gets starved of it... and it makes him sick. I saw the signs. I fucking saw them but I didn't... He just kept pushing me away... telling me he was fine... AGAIN!" Roman fussed in his arms making Virgil have to hold him tighter as to not let him go. "He was so sick because for some reason he felt he had to avoid touching me... again. Why?" Logan frowned as he looked away making Virgil growl with anger. "What did you tell him?"

"I told him I didn't want him distracting you. That I would snap if he kissed you... and that I didn't believe him when he said he loved you." Virgil's eyes filled with horror as Logan finally started to cry, broken completely by everything crashing down around him. "I never said the words but when I asked him if he understood me he said he wasn't to touch you and I didn't say no."

"So you made a rule that he couldn't touch me?" Logan nodded making Virgil break even more.

"If he needs contact so badly why didn't he just ignore it. He was so adamant about every rule..."

"OF COURSE HE WOULDN'T BREAK IT!" Virgil yelled out as he desperately clung to his love. "I told you. You would make himself suffer before ever doing anything that would risk me. I made him promise to stay by my side. If your rules made that possible... He would follow each and every one to the fucking 't'!" Virgil groaned as he carefully got up, forcing himself to let go of Roman just to be able to do so. Both men could help but shatter at the broken and desperate whine the god made the moment Virgil stopped touching him. "I understand... You didn't know. And maybe if I told you before then it wouldn't have gotten this bad. I don't blame you at all... but from now on... YOU DROP THIS FUCKING SHIT!" Logan flinched as Virgil's voice distorted and glitched. "You leave Roman alone. If you have a problem with him you talk to ME! No more rules. No more expectations. I already lost my dad. I'm losing Thomas... DO NOT make me lose Roman too." 

"I'm sorry, Virgil." Virgil just cried as he tried to lean down and pick Roman up. Logan carefully moved across from him making Virgil freeze up. "Let me help."

"Please?"