2.75

It didn't take much longer for the attack to start. Once the alarms started blaring, Remy and Emile charged the base. Kallie stayed back with the medical unit while several demi built up a proper guard around it. It was pure chaos but then again that's what war is. Pure destructive chaos...

So much chaos it was easy for Roman and Colt to separate from the group and sneak in through the residential, currently taken over by Remus's family. The second he saw his brother, Roman slammed into him taking Remus by surprise who hadn't been expecting it. Then again, Roman was a God of Family. Even with everything that went down in heaven with Remus falling in love with a demon and getting cast out... even with everyone pulling away from him completely. Roman never once stopped loving his brother. Remus should have known Roman would have been worried.

"I'm ok, Ro." Roman nodded as he just hugged Remus tighter before pulling away and trying to collect himself. They were in a battle after all. They couldn't let themselves get distracted. "You have to hurry up and get to Virgil."

"Right... Right." Roman's eyes darted about seeing how Janus was guarding the door outside while Kiara typed away at the comms panel. "Where..."

"Right here." Finn's voice flooded around them as Roman finally spotted the black ooze dripping from the ceiling tiles. 

"He's keeping an eye on things up there while Jan and I protect Kiara." Remus nudged Roman back as shot his brother this look. "Seriously, Ro. You have to hurry. We've got this."

"Ok. Just stay alive. ALL of ye." Remus nodded as Roman quickly made his way to Colt, who was just finishing up the last card reader around the area. 

"As soon as we leave this door won't open again. We'll need to find a new way out." Roman nodded as he placed a supportive hand on his back.

"Tat was always te plan. Do ye tink it'll be enough?" Colt shook his head only making Roman's eyes darken a bit.

"Not to keep them out. The glass might be bulletproof proof but they'll find a way in." Colt sighed as the door finally lit up green letting him open it. "However it will slow them down and that's what we need the most right now. Time." 

"Guess tat's te most we can hope fer ten." Roman took a deep breath before giving Remus a salute and they were both gone. 

The two kept close the walls doing their best to stay out of anyone's sight. They stuck to any empty halls until they found themselves at another card reader. Colt broke it open and started to mess with the wires. Roman's eyes were an odd color of yellowish-grey and rimmed with black showing just how impatient and worried he was. The second the door lit up green Roman went to push the door open only for Colt to yank him back before people raced down the hall.

"Shite." Roman whined as Colt just gave him this glare. "I'm sorry. I just... Mo Gra..."

"You don't even know where he is and if we're caught we will never get there. So don't just run in like a fucking idiot." Roman eyes went completely black only making Colt falter. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap. It's just that I know how this place works. I know how the Grabersons work... how Damien works. I don't want anyone getting hurt."

"Right. Sorry. Lead te way, Son." Colt smiled as he nodded gently opening the door as he looked around. People were in a frantic state running around trying to get their weapons and figure out what was going on. You could hear the sounds of battle raging on outside as Colt and Roman both shared this worried look. "Any idea?"

"We need to cut the power but that would fuck up Kaira's job."

"Kiara's done her job." Roman cut in making Colt's eyes darken. "How do we cut te power?"

"Cutting the main power is simple enough. I can cause a surge to blow the lines but..." Colt frowned as he placed his hand to the wall feeling the electricity coursing through the wires hiding behind them. "There's a generator that will kick on almost instantly. If I take that out they'll know that I'm here."

"Chances are tey already do." Roman sighed as he tried to give the other a reassuring smile, seeing the panic in his son's eyes. "Once we started attacking it was clear tat I was here at least. Tat means tey will be guarding Virgil. We have to do what we can to make it so tat we win."

"Ok." Colt took a deep breath as he turned to give Roman a very serious look making the God frown in confusion. 

"What's tat look fer?"

"I'm going after the generate." Roman's eyes went silvery blue and black as Colt gestured down the hall. "You are going to go for Virgil."

"No."

"Roman-..."

"NO! I can't protect ye if we split up!" Colt absolutely hated seeing the black in Roman's eyes but they didn't have a choice. "I won't lose anot'er son. We can go for te generator together and rescue Virgil after. It's te best way to keep us all safe."

"We don't have the time. You need to get to Virgil NOW!" Roman flinched, his eyes turning light grey and pale yellow. "I'm going for the generator because I know where it is. That means I can get there faster and it'll be easier to not get detected than if I sent someone else. You're going to Virgil because one... he's your fiance. And two... If your right and they put someone on guard you have the best chance of beating them and getting Virgil out of there. Not to mention the fact that you cannot die. So stop fighting me please and trust me on this." A small speck of cyan fluttered through Roman's eyes making Colt sigh as he took Roman's hand. "I know you're scared and just want to keep me safe. That as a father you need to do something but... right now... I need you to trust me. Trust that this is the best plan of action for this moment. Can you do that?"

"I-..." Roman crashed as he nodded, his eyes now completely black again and not looking to change for a while. He just looked so defeated but even still he was determined to do his part. "Ok. If ye say tis is te best. Ten tis is te best. Just... Please be safe." 

"I will. I promise." Roman smiled seeing the cheeky look Colt gave him over the promise.

"Well, ten... You have to keep yer word now, don't you?" Roman laughed before shaking himself out of his head and taking a breath.

"Ok... Here's where you have to go." Roman did his best to follow what Colt was telling him. He found it hard to listen when his mind kept wandering to what was about to happen. But Colt was right... He had to trust in his son. So when Colt finally finished with this worried look of his own, asking if Roman was going to be ok, Roman just smiled and gave him a nod. "Are you sure? Do you need me to go over again or..."

"We don't have time. I'll be fine." Roman pulled Colt in for a hug, feeling as the other tensed up in surprise before relaxing. "I love you, Son. Stay safe."

"Love you too, Dad."