2.7

"Roman?" Logan gently pushed the door open as he wheeled himself in to sigh at the sight before him. Roman was just sitting there at his desk, notebook open, as he clutched flounder tightly. Tears were falling from his cheeks pooling on his desk as his eyes rapidly shifted colors. Logan just sat there in the doorway just watching the poor man. "Roman? Are you ok?"

"Hmm..." Roman frowned before blinking slightly and finally noticing Logan. "Oh... Hey, Lo." He quickly wiped his tears away giving the other a soft smile as he just chuckled. "Sorry. I didn't notice you. Was there something you needed?"

"It's not important." Roman's smile fell slightly as Logan wheeled himself farther into the room until he was right in front of the other. "You didn't answer my question. Are you ok?"

"Yeah." Logan's eyes narrowed into this serious look making Roman tense and sigh. "Yeah. I fine Lo. I just... I was taking your advice." Roman gestured to the book as he leaned against the desk hugging Flounder closer with a off look in his eyes. "The journal thing you mentioned... I was going to write it but..."

"What's wrong?"

"I couldn't remember how it all started." Logan deflated in understanding as Roman shrugged a bit. "I mean... I know that I know what happened. Like... It's there at the tip of my tongue. But for the life of me, I just can't get it. I want this to be an accurate and truthful retelling of everything that happened from start to finish. That way I have it all but..."

"You should start with Will then." Roman's eyes narrowed in confusion as Logan gently clasped his hands in his lap. 

"Will?"

"William Shakespeare." Roman frowned as Logan smirked slightly. "I know you don't remember him. You haven't for a while now but you should still write about it."

"Why?"

"Because he's the reason you are even here, to begin with." Roman's eyes went wide as Logan nodded. "My retelling of the story won't be as detailed as you want for your book but I can write the first part if you would like. I do have a good memory and Thomas and Remus both had informed me of what had happened. You even told me a few things... before you forgot them that is."

"I did? I don't understand. Why would I be here because of a 1500s playwright?" Logan's eyes darkened as Roman started to tear up. "Lo? What don't I remember?"

"Hey, don't get upset. Trust me. It's a good thing you don't remember him. He was not a good man at all. I wouldn't have suggested it but... In order to understand things that happened with Virgil, you have to know what happened to you with Will." Roman whipped his tears away as Logan just smiled sadly. "William was your first love, Roman."

"No. No Virgil..." Roman paled as Logan just shook his head. "No... I don't understand."

"According to you... You got very... infatuated with his work. That infatuation grew into a crush and so forth. It was nothing like what you felt for Virgil, but he was your first love." Roman slowly pushed the book over to Logan who nodded and took the pen with a sigh. "YOu made a deal with your brother to be able to come to earth and see him. You gave up your divinity for him."

"Right... the curse." Logan nodded as Roman's fingers gently brushed against the god's lips. "I needed Virgil to kiss me to break it."

"Yes, well at the time it was Will who was supposed to. But just as you always do, you refused to force him and instead chose to let him decide when." Roman frowned as Logan hesitated slightly before continuing to write everything down as he spoke the shorter version. "He wouldn't do it. He led you on, Roman."

"He hurt me?" Logan nodded as his hands shook slightly. His eyes narrowed in confusion as he stopped and just started noticing how shakey he was. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'm just getting old." Roman chuckled softly as Logan returned to writing hoping his shake didn't make the writing illegible. "But back to what I was saying... Yes, Roman. Will hurt you. You used you to act in his plays and to help write his scripts. You had told me once that all the ones you wrote entirely for him, you actually burned so that none of them ever saw the light of day. Unfortunately... the ones like Romeo and Juliet, that you helped with..." Roman's eyes went wide as Logan's darkened. "You couldn't just destroy."

"Is that why I don't like acting?" Logan nodded as he focused on the book making sure he was getting everything down right. 

"Will had abused your power as a god of creativity and broke your heart in the process. I am very happy however that you no longer remember that pain." Roman just smiled slimly as Logan carefully set the pen down with a soft sigh. "As for how things started with Virgil... If you really don't remember... you might not want to, Roman."

"Why, what happened?" Logan shook his head as stared at the book some more. "Logan, please? I don't want to forget anything."

"But why would you want to remember something that you have still yet to forgive yourself for..."

"What. did. I. do?" Logan cringed at the pain in Roman's eyes as the other gripped flounder even tighter. "Logan please?"

"Before you had ever met Virgil, you had gotten very angry at Thomas, and threatened to break his heart." 

"Virgil's his heart." Logan nodded as he watched Roman start to cry. "I threatened to hurt Virgil? No wonder you were so against me at the start. I had snapped because Thomas wouldn't send me home. How could I forget that?"

"Roman..." Roman just shook his head as he took the pen and finally started to write in it himself. "Ro?"

"It's ok, Logan. I can do it. I remember what happened now. Thank you." Roman didn't bother to look at him again he just sat there scribbling away in the book a Logan watched. "Uh... Lo? Just um... one more thing... never mind."

"It's ok, Roman. I told you I would help." Roman grimaced in anxiety making Logan tense with worry. "What is it?"

"It's ok, Lo. Really don't worry about it. I could just ask Joan if they come back around again."

"Roman..."

"I don't want to upset you." Logan's eyes shot wide as Roman hesitated slightly. "I'm sorry. I just... I don't want to upset you."

"It's ok, Roman. What did you forget?" Roman frowned as he stared down at his book before deflating. 

"I forgot his name." Logan frowned in confusion before Roman pointed over at the pin Logan always wore over his heart. Logan tensed horribly as he glanced down to see the handmade heart pin Roman had made him and he smiled in understanding. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to upset you but... I just can't think of his name. I know he was your husband and Virgil's father but... I just can't..."

"His name was Patton." Roman snapped up in shock as Logan just nodded with a smile. "Yes... The tree by Virgil's memorial is named after him. That's where we had his funeral pyre. You made it so very special by the way."

"I did?" 

"Yep. You made all of us suits... at the time you didn't have an issue with them. You even made him one. And you also used your power to do this beautiful display of our memories in the fire." Logan frowned as he gripped the wheelchair tightly forcing himself up much to Roman's panic.

"Hey. No. Lo. Don't. You can't..." Logan fell into Roman hugging him tightly and making the god freeze up in shock.

"I'm sorry. I just had to." Logan smiled as he squeezed him a bit before letting Roman help him back into his chair. He couldn't help but laugh at the confused look Roman had given him. "I never thanked you for what you did for Patton. Not properly anyway... So... Thank you, Roman. You might not remember it... but I always will."