19

The next morning things for either party weren't any better. For Roman, he was spiraling bad. His mind was running a mile a minute blaming everything on himself. After all, it was his fault. He threatened Virgil's life without even knowing the full extent of his threat. He thought it was just a rock. No... No, it was a child. It was because of that threat Thomas had to go into hiding. The man said so himself. He gave Virgil up to protect him. And now... it's because of him that Thomas was back to his demonic self. 

On top of that everything now he was face to face with the man, he had unknowingly threatened to kill and... Roman couldn't even focus. Correct, actually he was overly focused. Because of all the guilt drowning Roman worse than what the ocean has promise should something happen to Virgil, Roman was in hyperdrive looking for anything that might lead them to Thomas.

When it came to Virgil though... The younger was standing the watching Roman run around the room with maps and notebooks as the room spun around him. His head was dizzy. His chest was heavy. He felt horrible. His eyes moved to his reflection in the and grimaced seeing the blackened veins branching up his neck. 

He readjusted his hoodie for what felt like the millionth time. His anxiety was always there in the back of his mind. I mean... What would Roman do if he knew Virgil was dying? What would happen if that meant he might never complete his end of the deal? You don't just break a deal with a demi. If you make a deal with a demi, you're in a sense giving your word to their god. If you were to break it... You'd have a god to answer to. And if a god gave you his word... forget ever having to worry about it getting broken. A gods word is more than their promise... They'd move heaven and earth to keep their word. Virgil was worried. His hand slipped from the dresser he was using to support himself and found himself tripping into Roman, who caught him quickly before either of them could get hurt. 

"Virgil, are you ok?" Virgil nodded weakly as he tried to step back but Roman wouldn't let him. "You're a bit hot, Virgil. Are you sure you're ok?"

"I'm fine, Roman." Virgil laughed as lightly punched the man's arm. "Did you just call me hot?" Roman paled as he jumped back shaking his head.

"I meant that your feverish, Hot Topic." Virgil smirked as he poked Roman with another laugh.

"So you do think I'm hot." 

"That's not what I meant!" Virgil just shrugged as he made his way to the bed praying he didn't look as out of balance as he felt. 

"That's fine cuz... I'm not the hot one here, Mr. Fireman." Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil started to cough. "It's fine."

"Virgil... you're clearly not well." Virgil shook his head as he smiled up at Roman. "Virg..."

"I'm fine. Did you find anything?" Roman sighed as he shook his head going back to the table with this frustrated look. "That much huh?"

"I'm not one for this... I am artsy... creative. Not... I'm not made for a manhunt." Roman collapsed into a chair as Virgil laughed. The exgod cried out in dramatized frustration as he draped himself with a pout. "I'm too... fragile for this stress."

"Fragile?" Virgil just kept laughing as Roman smiled seeing the man a tad happier and that was all that mattered to him. "More like dramatic. You're a damn drama queen."

"No, that's Rem..." Roman's eyes went wide as he jumped up shuffling through all the papers again before holding up a map that was slowly starting to smoke. "That's it!"

"What?" Virgil peeked over at Roman only to freak out. "Uh, Ro... The map. It's kind of on fire." Roman nodded as the map burned until a small hole appeared. A hole showing Roman where to go.

"I may have lied about not being one for a manhunt." Roman smirked as he held the map over towards Virgil, who's eyes narrowed. "I know where to go."

"What are we doing here, Roman?" Virgil groaned as the two entered a very... scent filled coffee house. Virgil frowned as he looked around at everything. "Thomas would never..."

"Nope. Not Thomas, Virgil." Roman smirked as he heard that familiar voice rip through the crowd. "Someone who'll point on the right track."

"YO! When I said I wanted coffee. I meant I wanted coffee." Roman laughed as he led Virgil through everything to find a man arguing at the counter as he tapped his fingers fast and angerly. "I gave you my order. I said I wanted a Venti, double quad, with 2 extra shots of espresso MEANING 10 shots of fucking espresso! With extra whipped whipped cream, a chocolate and caramel drizzle, with a damn cherry on top. I know you have them. What I got was a Venti quad with whipped cream and chocolate at a measly 110. EVERYONE KNOWS I TAKE MY COFFEE AT 125 DEGREES!"

"You and your coffee." Roman laughed as he shot the barista an apologetic look. "Honestly, Remy."

"Don't start with me, Roman. You know why I need it." Remy narrowed his eyes as he held the cup back over to the lady and glared. "Now I expect it to be redone. This time you better just fill the thing with espresso because all this nonsense is knocking me out."

"Sir, I can't allow that... it's too much..."

"Give me my coffee before I lose my shit." Remys dropped the cup before the lady could pick it up and walked away ignoring the murmurs behind him. Roman sighed as he walked over handing the girl a fifty with a sorry smile.

"I'd just make it for him. Here..." The girl frowned as she took the fifty and Roman beamed. "That should help cover it. Keep the change."