65

"Of fucking course." Roman took a deep breath as he tried to reign himself in but honestly, they all had shitty timing. "We literally spent the last hour without a single fucking attack, BUT THE MOMENT I ASK HIM TO MARRY ME..." Roman's eyes went wide as this sudden spark rang through him. He quickly yanked Virgil back behind a large boulder with him just as this blast of fire burst through burning everything around them. Virgil screamed out in fear as he huddled closer to avoid the flames spilling around him. "Shit, this isn't good."

"Roman?"

"I'm sorry." Roman mumbled as his one hand gripped his chest. "I'm still a bit... drained from before."

"Well if you never did that shit with the corruption!" Roman rolled his eyes as he gulped in anxiety.

"Hindsight's twenty/twenty, Babe. I know." The fire died down and both men jumped hearing this loud thud. "Damn it!" Roman carefully peeked out just enough to see a dragon-like demon... another beast set on killing them and he crashed. If only he could just teleport! His eyes went wide as he quickly hid just in time before another jet of flames came crashing into the bolder making Virgil scream. "It's ok." Roman pulled him in for a hug to help calm him down. "It's ok Virgil. I've got you."

"W-We can't s-stay here." Roman nodded as he looked around and frowned. Running was out of the discussion. As soon as they did the beast would burn the ENTIRE island to the ground with them right along with it. Roman's eyes narrowed as Virgil gripped the bag tightly in his hands. They had managed to save both bags since Roman killed the last beast, but he knew Virgil would never drop his. He was bound and determined to keep flounder safe. Which meant not only did Roman have to keep him safe he also had to protect his bag. "R-R-Ro?"

"I'm seriously wishing I could teleport." Roman joked as he slammed his head back and groaned. "We need to move." Roman grabbed Virgil's hand and took off towards another rock just as the beast brought it's scaley snake-like tail down and crushing the rock completely. Roman shoved Virgil down to protect him as he pulled his sword out and grimaced at how the world tilted slightly. Even with adrenaline, his body was crashing. "Shit."

"Roman? Are we going to die?" Roman's whole body just dropped, sword skidding to the grass as Virgil's voice broke. "I'll take that as a yes."

"No." Roman whined as he shook his head. "We are not going to die Virgil. I'll... I'll figure something out."

"Face it, Roman. You're too weak to fight it. It's stronger than the last one. And as a power..." Fire blasted around them making Virgil gasp in panic. "...that could kill us from a distance. We are going to die." Roman couldn't take it. He could see how his love was panicking. Virgil was shaking badly as tears fell from his face.

"Virgil, I..." Roman tensed up as he shook his head. He'd had enough of this crap. Sure he said he wanted it to be special but god damn it... When he said he always imagined himself dying in a blaze of fire protecting the man he loves... HE DIDN'T MEAN LITERALLY! "Virgil, kiss me!" Fire blasted at their rock as Virgil just laughed and shook his head. He could the flames burning through the stone. It was only a matter of time.

"I am not spending my last seconds like some romantic gravity. The last thing I do will not be a damn kiss. Sorry..." Roman growled in frustration as Virgil just turned away. "I'm not going out like that."

"Virgil!" Roman grabbed the man's arms making Virgil's eyes go wide over how black his love's eyes were. They were filled with such desperation and need. "I will NOT let you die here. Please..." They could hear the rock chipping away as Roman gently pulled Virgil in closer till they were just moments apart. "Please, kiss me." Virgil could only nod letting Roman pull him in the rest of the way. The second their lips touched this massive blast of energy burst around them like a living fire drowning out the other's flame as the two vanished from sight just as the bolder crumbled to dust.

Roman hummed with pure joy as his hands went to Virgil's cheek and neck pulling him even closer as to close the distance between them. He could feel his energy like a livewire in his veins but the only thing he was focusing on was the way their lips moved in tandem. He kissed the other hard as tears fell from his eyes in relief. Partly because they were safe... partly because his curse was broken... but mostly because it didn't matter why they kissed, He was finally getting his first kiss with the man he loved and it was heavenly. Roman finally pulled away leaving a blissfully dazed out Virgil to chase his lips slightly as the god laughed softly. 

"Seriously, Virgil... Marry me." Virgil giggled as he leaned against Roman's shoulder with a smile. "No... I'm being serious here, Love." Virgil frowned as he looked up only to freeze in complete shock. Roman's hair was alight with color like a living flame, it's color and hue changing with ever second in every strand as it rustled around in a nonexistent breeze. His eyes literally shimmered with glitter as if he was wearing makeup. Trails of white like a Vangoph painting framed his face making him look so... angelic. The shell tattoo that once covered his eye was now gone and all Virgil could see was those porcelain marks against his loved blushed cheeks. Virgil was completely lost. Roman just melting as he gingerly caressed his love's face. "Marry me?"

"A god is asking to marry me." Roman chuckled softly as leaned in giving Virgil a very soft love-filled kiss. "Roman... You kissed me."

"Yeah?" Virgil giggled as he pulled away and just beamed. 

"No. I mean... You kissed me. You... You kissed me and... The curse... It's broken." Roman nodded as the two just stood there breathing each other in. "I thought you said you didn't want to kiss me just to break the curse."

"It wouldn't have mattered either way, Love. It was perfect... because it was with you." Roman kissed him one last time before shooting him this look. "You didn't answer my question though, Stormcloud. Will you marry me?" Roman's eyes were swirling with an unending color wheel of shades and pigment but the one color Virgil could latch on to easily was the bright sakura that never died down. "Please?"

"Roman..." Virgil sighed happily as he just shook his head with a smile. "You already know my answer to that." Roman's eyes flashed an even brighter pink as Virgil melted into his arms. "I never thought a god would be asking me but... I'm even more surprised I'd be telling a god..." Virgil froze up as his eyes narrowed in confusion. "Roman?" He glanced around finding the two of them standing outside this large blackened cottage and he frowned. "Where are we?"

"Thomas's home." Virgil's eyes went wide as Roman just sighed. "Or well... Te Ka's. I teleported us here the moment I was able to."

"Wait so..." Roman nodded as he stepped back letting Virgil take it all in. "Were finally here."

"Let's go save your father, Virgil."