2.10

(TW~Main Character Death)

"Logan!" Roman burst through the bedroom door and froze on the spot feeling that cold air hit him... Hades. His eyes darted to the bed seeing the man he's considered a father 40 years now laying there hardly breathing and his heart just dropped. Guess this really was it huh? "Hey, Lo."

"Almost didn't make it again huh? Nah..." Roman chuckled as he brought the chair over to Logan's bed and sat down with a smile. He could feel Hades's presence and he found comfort in knowing he wasn't alone in this. Sure he didn't when Patton died but he had read about it. He didn't want to go through this alone. He supposed this must have been when Virgil felt like. He hated it. Losing a father... it sucked. "I wouldn't have missed this."

"You know, Lo... 40 years, we've been caring for each other. How will I ever get through my day without your hour-long lectures about space and... and..." Roman sighed as he tried his hardest not to break down. "I'm gonna miss you, Logan."

"I wrote a journal about you so... I'll never be able to forget, not completely. And... I uh... I took care of everything legal so this place and the memorial and all that... It's all my name and I'll take good care of it, Lo. I promise. This place is my home... it's in good hands." Roman gently took Logan's hand in his as he smiled softly. "I'm gonna miss you, but don't worry. I'll be fine."

"And so will you. Hades will take really good care of you. You, Patton... and Virgil..." Roman couldn't stop how he started to tear up. "Do you hear that Lo? You're going to see them again. You going to see Patton... You going to see Virgil. You three will be reunited and you can spend the rest of eternity together. You're gonna like it there, Lo. I just know you will."

"I'm so happy for you... you'll get to be with your family again." Roman squeezed Logan's hand as the tears started to fall. "But don't you dare worry about me ok? I'll be fine. I'll take care of everything. This island will be in good hands. I promise, Lo. Everything will be cared for. I'll be ok. I've been on earth alone for centuries... I'll be ok. I'll... I'm..." Roman broke, sobbing quietly as he leaned forward against the bed.

"I'm really going to miss you. I'm going to miss you so much. These past 40 years have meant everything to me... but I know you'll be ok... and better yet, you'll see them again. You can tell Virgil, I said hi? Right? That I love him?" Roman's eyes were black as this new presence seemed to fill the air. His eyes narrowed in confusion as he looked up as if trying to see who it could have been. In the end, it really didn't matter much. "Everything is going to be fine, Logan. So don't you hold on here for me. You have a loving husband waiting for you." Logan gasped in his sleep and Roman broke down more. 

"That's it... Don't fight it for me. You can't keep Patton waiting forever. Virgil would get mad." Logan's eyes fluttered, opening slightly letting him see the broken state Roman was in, but the god still held that loving and soft smile. "It's going to be ok. Say hello to the fam for me." Roman pressed a small kiss to Logan's hand making Lo smile weakly in response. His vision was failing as the world started to blackout. The last thing he saw was Roman gently brushing his hair back. The last thing he heard... "I love you, Dad. Now let go..."

"Father?" Logan's eyes shot open finding himself standing there in this field. His eyes teared up the moment he spotted his son and he shook. Virgil just smiled as he held his hand out glancing back at the God behind him wearing a darkened suit. "Thank you for letting me do it."

"It's no problem at all Virgil." Hades nodded as Virgil turned his attention back to his father.

"Virgil?" Logan's voice cracked as he took in his son's appearance. "Is that really you?"

"Yeah... It is. I look a little different huh?" Virgil laughed as Logan gently took his hand. "Roman did a good job caring for you... and you did AMAZING with him."

"He's my son." Virgil beamed as he started to cry. "We took care of each other."

"Yeah. You did." Virgil started to lead him down this path, hades following behind, as Virgil giggled softly. "But now it's time to let go and relax."

"But... Roman... He's all alone." Virgil shook his head as Logan glanced behind him to see Hades smiling softly. "Roman can't be alone."

"He won't be." Virgil smirked as he squeezed his father's hand. "Our boy will be with him, but you don't need to worry about that, father. You... You need to find dad."

"Patton?" Virgil nodded as he watched Logan's eyes light up with joy. "Patton's here?"

"Dad's been waiting for you. He and I have been spending as much time as we could be together but... he's been waiting for his love." Logan's tears started to fall as he stopped short seeing this archway with a familiar face standing under it. "He's missed you."

"I've missed him." Virgil nodded as he let Logan's hand go and watched as Logan slowly walked over only to slam into Patton sobbing happily.

"Are you going to be staying with them or..." Virgil's eyes darkened as Hades spoke softly. "I know you'd want to get back but..."

"You've been a really good friend but I wouldn't want to overstay my welcome." Hades just chuckled as he shook his head and gestured for Virgil to father. 

"I insist. Persephone enjoys your company as much as I do. Besides... You're parents just got reunited." Virgil sighed as he nodded letting himself follow the god further in. "Spend time with the people you remember, kid. Not many of us have the privilege of family."