2

"Where do I sign?" Remus pointed to the bottom of the scroll as Roman took the quill and signed. His smirk widened as his eyes shined with joy as Roman stumbled back falling to his knees as his body began to glow. "R-Rem-mus?" 

"It's going to hurt Roman, but it'll be over soon." Roman cried out as he clutched his chest tightly. Remus's eyes narrowed as he watched the glowing getting brighter and brighter like a living inferno. He reached out, feeling the energy pool into his hand condensing into a bright firey ball. He smirked deviously as he pressed the ball into his shell watching it get absorbed completely. Roman just collapsed onto the floor with exhaustion unaware of how Remus's usually bright aura slowly started to turn dark. "How are you feeling, Roman?"

"Weak... very... very weak." Remus laughed a small bit as he leaned down to look over his brother. Roman's tired eyes narrowed a tad noticing Remus's eyes sparking as if livewires hid behind them. "Remus? Are... Are you ok?" Remus smiled revealing his sharp fangs and Roman's eyes went wide. 

"I'm perfect." Remus snapped plunging everything into darkness until they soon found themselves in this meadow. Roman tensed as Remus stood back up, his form shifting and glitching subtly as things slowly started to change. His hair turned to a dark forest green as black marking appeared on his face, making him look like he was crying ink. "What..." Remus laughed as his shell wavered before disappearing completely. His close even turned black as what looked like tentacles wrapped around his waist like a belt.

"You were the last one Roman." Roman struggled to his feet as Remus watched with an almost evil look in his eyes. "You got what you wanted... to be more human. And in turn, you tipped the moral scales for me."

"You..." Roman swayed a bit on his feet as his head began to swim. It was almost like looking at his brother made him physically sick. "You turned into a..."

"Do enough dark deals and you'll taint yourself." Remus sighed with contentment as he spun around. "I've gone dark, brother, and it's all thanks to you."

"Was it all a trick?" Remus froze up as Roman's voice cracked. "Was it all just to get my divinity?"

"Well... in a sense it was, but Roman..." Remus smiled sadly as he helped to stabilize his brothers better. "You are my brother. We're twins, Roman. I would never cheat you... like I did with the others." Roman's eyes went wide as Remus shrugged. "Your divinity will return upon that kiss. I gave you my word after all. I may have gone dark but I am still a god. I take my position as a god of creativity just as strongly as you do... did." Roman's eyes went dark as Remus laughed and started to walk away. "I wish you all the best luck Roman. You're going to need it."

"REMUS, WAIT..." Roman watched in muted horror as Remus disappeared in a fog of black ink like smoke. It was hard for him to wrap his head around. He slowly held his hand out feeling a slight spark and watched as this small flame ignited in his palm. Usually, he could set a whole island ablaze without a single thought. That's how strong he was but now... all he managed was this. Remus wasn't kidding... He did get what he wanted. Which meant... "William."

"Will..." Roman smiled as he slowly made his way through the crowd. He didn't know what he was going to do but he didn't care. All that mattered was getting to him first. He maneuvered his way through everything until he made it to the back of the stage. Men were bustling about getting ready and into costume as Roman just watched in awe. This was his creation of course. The idea of it came from him. The idea of theater, of acting... The arts all came from Roman. He spotted a familiar face and his heart began to race. He was about to say something when someone grabbed his arm making him freeze.

"What are you doing back here?" Roman tensed up as he looked back to see this older man glaring at him. The judgment in his eyes was clear as day. "Only the performers are allowed..."

"Oh, give a man a break." Roman's nerves went a light at the slight touch to his back. He couldn't move. He couldn't breathe. His voice was so much softer than Roman imagined it would have been. "It's quite alright."

"But William..." Roman looked over to see the man he had been watching from the orb and he had to remind himself to breathe. He wasn't immortal anymore.

"It's fine. I'll handle this." The older man just sighed as he nodded and walked off leaving Roman and William alone. "Well... hello there." Roman tensed up with awkward anxiety as he slowly turned around to be met with such a dazzling smile. "Do you have a name or..."

"R-Roman. Just... Roman." William smiled wider as he nodded. "I just uh... I'm a fan."

"Of theater, or me..." Roman gulped as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Both?" The laughter the filled the air made Roman melt a little as William began to lead Roman back to this room. "Although I must admit theater is a love of mine."

"Mine too." Roman laughed a bit as Will opened a door letting Roman in first. Roman just smiled as he sat down in this chair watching as Will did the same. "Care to do some lines with me?" Roman's eyes went wide as Will held up a script. "I'm always up for practicing."

"Uh... yeah. Sure." Roman could feel his hands shake as he took the script in hand. "Who do you want me to be?"

"Why not... this one." Roman smiled as he nodded. Will took a deep breath as he slipped into character. "We needn't do that large passage so let's just start here. Good my lord, How does your honour for this many a day?" Roman watched with a slight smile as Will went through the lines.

"I humbly thank you; well, well, well." Roman didn't even look at the paper as he heard the words in his mind.

"My lord, I have remembrances of yours, That I have longed long to re-deliver; I pray you, now receive them."

"No, not I; I never gave you aught." Roman smirked as Will looked away from the page and narrowed his eyes seeing Roman just watching him.

"My honour'd lord, you know right well you did; And, with them, words of so sweet breath composed As made the things more rich: their perfume lost, Take these again; for to the noble mind Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind. There, my lord." Roman had the script rolled up in his hand as his eyes glimmered with admiration.

"Ha, ha! are you honest?"

"My lord?" 

"Are you fair?"

"What means your lordship?" Will's eyes dropped to the script in Roman's hand as Roman just smiled over at him.

"That if you be honest and fair, your honesty should admit no discourse to your beauty."

"Could beauty, my lord, have better commerce than with honesty?" Roman's eyes softened a bit as he glanced up slightly lost in the scene.

"Ay, truly; for the power of beauty will sooner transform honesty from what it is to a bawd than the force of honesty can translate beauty into his likeness..." Will's eyes widened hearing the word lulled so softly by the man across from him. "...this was sometime a paradox, but now the time gives it proof." Roman's eyes sparkled as he met with Will's. "I did love you once." Roman just smiled as Will sat there stunned. "What?"

"I have a feeling this is nothing new to you." Roman laughed as he held the script out for Will to take. "Are you an actor?"

"You can say that." Will beamed as Roman glanced out the window. "The arts have always called to me."

"I should love to see you again then, Roman." Roman's eyes went wide as Will just laughed. A soft knock sounded on his door signaling it was time for the show. "I must depart but do promise you'll return. I would love to see you on the stage with."

"Of course."