2.60

Colt sat there staring at at the necklace in his hand with this thoughtful look in his eyes. Colt Graberson would never EVER be a demi. The son of Mark Graberson would never EVER accept this. The prodigal son of the Federation would have shoved this right back down Roman's throat and laugh. 

Colt actually smiled.

"Hello there, what can I do for you today?" Colt stuffed the necklace back into his pocket as he looked up to see this lady with bright fiery red hair and light green eyes. She smiled as she looked him over a bit with a soft expression. "I see. Your not here just for a hair cut." Colt's eyes shot wide as she just laughed. "I'm sorry. Forgive me. I can just tell with your aura. I'm Natalie, Demi of Janus... no not the demon the God Janus. The god of Change... and yes there are two." She giggled lightly before shaking her head with a sigh. "You want change. I can tell. So? What can I help you with?"

"You don't... You don't know who I am?" Her eyes narrowed as quirked a brow a bit seeing how nervous he was.

"Oh, I know who you are, Colt. I told you. I can see it in your aura you want change." Colt's eyes went wide as he smiled a bit. "I can't do much, but I can help with your hair at least. After this you much decide the path you want to take on your own."

"I don't want to look like me... like... at all if you can help it." Colt grumbled as his dark brown hair flitted into his face. It was fairly long having usually been tied back at the federation base. "Anything you can do to help with that will be appreciated greatly."

"Well ok then." Colt hopped up and followed closely behind a small smile on his face as she sat him down in the chair. He couldn't help but laugh a bit as she went through the actions of washing his hair. It was actually very relaxing. He'd never done anything like this before. Any hair cut he did have, if any, was done by his mother. Concidering she's been gone since before all that will Ellie and Colt doesn't know what to do with his hair... He's let it grow a quite a bit. 

"What do we do now?" Colt asked as she moved him to a different chair and sat him down in front of this large mirror.

"Well... You said you don't want to look like yourself anymore correct?" Colt nodded as her eyes started to glow brightly. "Well. I was figuring I could give you a hair cut and chang the color of it too. I could use dye if you'd prefer but as time goes on it'll just grow out and be brown again." Colt actually cringed as his eyes darted down making her chuckle. "Or I could as my god for some help. As the god of change he can permanately alter your hair color for good. That or he can ask aphrodite or Venus."

"Wait..." She paused for a second as Colt frowned in confusion. "Aphroditely is the mother of Eros right?" She nodded making Colt smile again. "Eros is friends with Roman. I remember reading about that. So... Maybe... Aphroditie, if she wants to, might help?"

"Why?" Colt went to say something only for Natalie to look off to the side before beaming. "Oh, that's why. Janus said she's more than willing. As long as you make her a promise."

"What promise?" 

"She wants you to stop fighting yourself and to just do what it is you want." Colt nodded as knowing exactly what it was that was implied. 

"I had planned on it. I just wanted to give myself a few more moments before I did. Don't worry... I'm fully planning on... doing just that." Natalie beamed as she pulled her comb and scissors out and started to work. 

"Ok, now hold on a minute." Colt grumbled silently as Natalie sang out taking the clothe out from around him with a laugh. "I think you're going to love it!"

"I'm sure I will too... If I'd ever get the chance to see it." Colt teased before he felt her put her hands to his shoulder.

"Ok... go ahead and look." Colt slowly dropped his hands to his lap and just stared wide eyed at his reflection. Before his hair was longer and very dark in color. It was long and some what straight like his mothers just... his fathers color. His mom was blonde.... blonde... like him now. 

"Oh, shit..." Colt's eyes tears up a bit as he just laughed at himself. His hair was much much lighter then hers ever was. It was more a white now than it was blonde but still blonde at the sea time. It faded to a deep dark red at the slight messy fringe and he honestly couldn't be happier. "I love it." Colt smiled as he looked up at the hairdresser. "Thank you."

"It's no problem at all, Colt..."

"Colton." 

"What?" Colt smiled as he held his hand out to shake.

"My name... Colton... not... not Colt." Her eyes went wide as she quickly accepted his hand with a laugh. "How much do I owe you?"

"I can cash you out over here. Come on."

"Roman, I'm home." Home... Huh. Colt never actually thought he would ever have thought that before. Let alone with Roman. Jesus... Colt laughed at himself as he walked to Roman's room finding the god still passed out on his bed. It was clear the man had been crying. Colt frowned as he brushed the man's hair back and felt his temple just to be sure. He knew gods couldn't get sick like a normal human can but he also knew there were still ways it could happen. Roman didn't feel warm. Actually he felt a bit cold. "Ro?"

"Hmm?" Roman hummed as he fussed a bit still sleeping but at least aware. "I just wanted to let you know I was back."

"O-Ok... still... still sleepy." Roman mumbled cuddling up to a pillow as he curled into himself a bit. "To drained... Sorry. Can't-... Can't cook."

"It's fine, Ro. Don't worry about it. I'm sure I can make myself some dinner." Colt just chuckled as before frowning a bit as Roman shivered. "Before you go back to sleep... do you know why you're so tired? You weren't this tired when we were talking... only after."

"D-Demi..." Roman yawned as he smiled sleepily. "Takes... takes a lot t-to claim... claim one." Colt's eyes narrowed as he carefully pulled the necklace out of his pocket. "Even-Even if you don't... don't accept... still-still draining. 'm sleepy, Colt. I see you later."

"Ok. You just sleep. Good night, Roman." Colt slowly left the room making his way to his own as he gripped the necklace tightly. He locked his door before walking over to his mirror and just stared at his reflection again. He held the necklace up and just laughed. Roman chose him.. The god of love and passion and creativity... of family, chose him to be a demi...

...to be his son.

Colt Graberson would never have been caught dead in this situation. He would have laughed. he would have threw it back. He would taunted and teased. Roman never would have chosen Colt Graberson but... Colt  held the chain with two hands holding it up enough so that he could see his reflection as if he were wearing it. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes before slipping the chain around his neck and feeling the sudden surge of energy burn through him like a sudden electrical shock. He opened his eyes and just smiled seeing his eyes now like green lightning in a pitch black abiss. Colt Graberson was the prodigal son of the federation...

Colton Black was the son of the god of creativity!