2.76

"We don't have time. I'll be fine." Roman pulled Colt in for a hug, feeling as the other tensed up in surprise before relaxing. "I love you, Son. Stay safe."

"Love you too, Dad." Colt whispered softly before quickly pulling away and giving the god a curt nod. "Now go. Save Virgil." 

"Wait-..." Roman yelled out just as Colt ran off only to sigh and pull himself back knowing he had listened. They didn't have time. Besides... He trusted his son. Roman took a deep breath before bending the light around himself with his fire turning himself invisible. The show has started... and now it was time for the main event.

"Down here and... Room... 3 right?" Colt muttered to himself as he tried to remember the secret pathways he had used throughout his time at the federation. "Room 3!" Colt slipped in before feeling up the back wall until finding a loose panel. "Score!" Colt wasted no time running through the pathway, electricity sparking off his body to create a low light as he went. He spotted the wires and beamed as he followed them through this small tunnel, reaching a hidden room that held the generator. "Gotcha."

"Are you sure he came this way?" Colt paled at the sound of a voice and quickly hid behind the large generator blocking his sight of the entryway. 

"I know I saw him. He has a lot of nerve coming back, that traitor." Colt rolled his eyes as he placed his hand to the generator, feeling the cool metal heat up under his touch. "I swear he went this wa-... Hey, wait, what's this?"

"The generator?" Colt tensed hearing how close the footsteps were. "Damn, if he came this way, he was probably looking for it." 

"Damn it." Colt whispered to himself as he let his hand spark more. There was no way around it. He couldn't get out of this without fighting them. 

"Damn you! I know you're in here, Traitor!" Colt threw himself back with this determined look making the two others jump the second they spotted him. "THERE YOU-..."

"NO, WAIT!" One of the soldiers ran for Colt only to scream out as his body lit up with immense voltage, lightning sparking off of him. Colt smirked as he sent his heal into the man's head knocking them into the generator setting the whole thing up in sparks of electricity. It wasn't enough. The other soldier just stood there stunned, face pale and eyes wide. "You... You're a demi. You... Shit. You let a monstrous god turn you into-..." 

"Call my father a monster again and I'll roast you alive." The soldier simply just dropped as Colt waved his hand over him creating a rope of electricity to hold him captive. 

"Your... Your father? Your father was Mark!"

"Mark was never my father." Colt hissed as he turned back to trying to fry the generator. He was trying figure out just how much power he needed to fry it without draining himself. "That man can burn in hell and I wouldn't care at all."

"Colt..."

"Shut up."

"Colt!" Colt growled as he glared the other down only to falter seeing the dark look in his eyes. "He's dead, Colt." Colt's heart just dropped as the soldier looked away refusing to meet his gaze. "Mark... He's dead. Assassinated. No one knows by who... just that it was during dinner."

"Mark is... dead?" The man simply nodded as Colt hesitantly took a step back, his thoughts running a mile a minute. "Mark is dead. Who's running the federation?"

"Damien ascended position. He said it was the best thing. He knew this was coming." Colt's eyes went pitch black as he suddenly send a large burst of electricity into the generator making it spark with flames. The man screamed out in fear as Colt stormed off. "WAIT! DON'T LEAVE ME-..." The generator exploded cutting the man off as Colt zapped himself out of the room with a rageful scowl.

"Damien..." Colt growled lowly magic spilling out of him making the ground underneath him burn and smoke. "I am going to kill you."

Roman wanted to burn the whole place down right then and there the second he spotted the room they were holding Virgil in. He slipped past the door and just froze there, tears in his eyes. His heart ached as he slowly tiptoed his way closer. He could sense demonic energy all around him. 

"Virgil?" Roman whispered making Virgil jerk bad. Virgil's eyes slowly peeled open to reveal them pitch black, and Roman felt his chest seize upon him. He had black tears streaming down his face, a clear sign of Demonic poisoning. "Damn it, Virgil. It's ok." Roman stepped back to take a look at the chains holding his love hostage as he clenched his fists tightly. 

"R-Roman?" Virgil's voice was hoarse and barely even there as his eyes darted around trying to pinpoint where Roman was. "I can't..."

"I'm right here." Roman reached out and gingerly caressed Virgil's cheek letting his magic dissipate out around him and instantly Virgil's eyes lit up.

"Roman." Roman couldn't stop his tears as he just held Virgil closer. "I'm ok. I'm ok, Hun."

"We're going to get you out of here ok. We're all going home."

"Roman... Alex, he..."

"I know." Roman choked up as he cut the other off, shaking his. "I know, Hun. I'm... I'm so sorry" Roman could hear the tiny hiccups Virgil was making as the younger tried not to let himself cry. "Let's get you out of here, ok? It's going to be ok. Mo ghrá ach a shealbhú go fóill." (My love just hold still.) Roman grabbed the chains as tightly as he could moving to burn them away only for a loud laugh to catch his attention. 

"Oh, I wouldn't do that if I were you." Roman jumped back just as electricity cracked through the chains making Virgil scream out in pain.

"VIRGIL!" Virgil crashed once it was over, exhausted and unable to move, as Roman frantically tried to check him over. "Virgil! VIRGIL! Hun?" 

"Oh, he's fine." Roman growled through his teeth as he looked back to see this woman twirling a sword gleefully in her hand. "You on the other hand... Well... My brother has a special pit just for you." Roman's eyes shot wide as he bolted to the side blocking a slash of a blade that sent demonic power at him. "And I'm going to be the one to put you in it."