2.68

"ROMAN!" Remy blurted out the second he spotted the god walk into the room. Roman laughed as he basically got run down by two very excitable demi's. Emile watched from the background, his eyes firmly latched onto Colt who was frozen at the entrance. The meeting had been set up to be in Emile's basement room. To be honest, Colt was feeling a bit trapped. Remy punched Roman's arm as he shot the god a very dramatic glare. "How come you didn't tell me you were hosting a fucking rescue mission?! I literally saw you at the gate and you said nothing. 'I'm busy' my ass! Babe, what the fuck?!" 

"I was busy." Roman smiled apologetically as the other just hummed sassily in response. "I was! I swear. Me son and I had to do tings before te meeting."

"Your son?" Kallie whispered questioningly before finally spotting the extra person still hovering by the door. Roman's eyes went cyan as he nodded and glanced back at Colt with a small smile.

"My son." Roman repeated before gesturing with his head for Colt to come in making the tense up a bit. "Are ye coming or not?"

"Ro..." Colt grimaced before taking a deep breath and forcing himself to walk over. Emile's eyes darkened a tad as he moved closer to Remy, not wanting to make a scene but clearly knowing something was up. "I'm sorry.

"It's ok, Son. I understand." Colt smiled looked up to see everyone staring at him. Colt instantly checked his sunglasses to make sure they were on right, the panic in him growing at how tense Emile was. "So..." Roman tried to pull back everyone's attention but it was clear curiosity got the better of them all. "We need to talk-..."

"You're damn right we do!" Remy sassed as he pointed to Colt. "You still haven't told me when you up and decided to demi it out, Mr. I'm never having kids." Roman's face suddenly fell, black swirling his gaze catching everyone's attention. It wasn't that hard to realize how upset the god really was. The air went cold as Colt's eyes dropped to the floor, the memory of what happened replaying in his mind on repeat.

"I had a son... before uh..." Roman glanced over at Colt, seeing how withdrawn he had gotten and hating every second of it. "Virgil... Virgil, he um..."

"Virgil's a god." Colt cut in quickly making Roman choke on his breath. You could see the shock on everyone's faces as Colt's expression only darkened. "He had a demi, himself... Alex Grayburn. That's why we need to talk." Roman gave the other a soft nod urging Colt on as the demi clenched his fists. "The federation took Virgil."

"Wait what?!" Remy screeched as Kallie gasped into her hands. "I'm sorry. I'm still lost on Virgil even being a god. No one told me this?! When did you even remember him, Roman?! DO YOU REMEMBER HIM?!"

"He's me fiance, Remy." was all Roman responded as he tried to calm himself down. His eyes were still a very stark blank. 

"Virgil made a deal to come to earth as Roman did. That means right now he's vulnerable. And... and unfortunately so was Alex." Everyone stopped in their tracks, horror clear in everyone's eyes as Colt's voice cracked. "Alex was shot by... b-by Damien Graberson."

"How..." Emile's voice cut through the air like a heated dagger making Colt flinch at the suddenness of it. "How do you know this?" Roman went to say something but Colt simply held his hand up making the god freeze.

"I was there. On the inside." Emile's eyes shot wide as the others clearly went on guard, clearly not liking the idea. "I... I was trying to get them out but I failed."

"Son-..."

"I failed, Roman." Colt shot back before Roman could try to fight him on it. "I did. I was sloppy and scared and it got Alex killed. It got Virgil recaptured. I got shot, Roman. You of all people had for me."

"HEY!" Roman growled making Colt deflate. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I just... I don't know." Colt rubbed his arm awkwardly as his throat started to burn. "I wish I didn't fail... but if I hadn't chances are I wouldn't be a demi right now so... I guess one thing came out of it." Emile's eyes darted between the two inquisitively. He noticed the pain both were in... the protective look Roman had towards the younger... the guilt and fear that the demi had. He saw it all. That's why after a while when it was clear nothing more was going to be said, Emile took a deep breath and cleared his throat, making Colt jump and look up at him. 

"I'm going to state some facts and I want you to confirm or deny them... ok?" Colt blinked a bit before hesitantly nodding making Emile's eyes narrow a tad. "Virgil is a god who was taken by the federation." Colt nodded. "Along with Alex who was Virgil's demi." Another nod. "You attempted to rescue them but could only get out yourself at the end."

"Not from a lack of trying and practically begging..." Colt growled more to himself as he nodded again. "But yes."

"You then found Roman who cared for you while you were shot?" Colt grimaced with nerves shakily nodding again as Emile's eyes softened. "Who chose you as a demi... and thus made you his son."

"He IS me son." Roman cut in as Colt smiled. Emile just stood there stunned for a bit before finally looked back up at him in concern.

"You are Colt Graberson... Are you not?" The second Emile asked that question, Remy pushed Kallie behind him as he summoned a golden whip. Roman growled instantly making Remy snap up in shock over the sword the god now held firmly in his grip. Colt was clearly in a panic but Emile didn't seem to faze by it. The Demi simply tilted his head with a very puppy-like confusion. "Aren't you the prodigal son?"

"He's MY son!" Roman repeated with a harsher tone as he hardened his gaze towards Remy, who was still holding his whips for protection. "None of ya are going to do a ting to him."

"Yes or no." Emile smiled as he kept his voice calm and quiet not wanting to set the god off who was already clearly holding himself back. "Well?" Colt gulped up his panic as he, with shaking hands, slowly pulled his glasses into his hair revealing his sparking green eyes clearly showing he really was in fact a demi. "Are you or are you not Colt Graberson of the federation?"

"I'm not denying what I've done in the past." Colt's voice was quiet yet firm as Emile's eyes shimmered with intrigue. "What I've done... regardless of intent or... regardless of anything really... I can't just ignore them. However..." Roman's eyes flashed as he twitched, relaxing only a bit as he looked over at his demi. "I am not Colt Graberson." Roman couldn't stop the smile forming on his lips as Colt's expression turned stern, daring anyone to say he was wrong. "I am not the prodigal son of the federation."

"Oh?" Emile's smile only grew as Colt straightened his back with a curt nod. "If not that then who are you?"

"I'm Colton Black." Colt's eyes narrowed challengingly as he clenched his fists at his side. "I'm the Demi of creativity." 

"Very well then..." Emile beamed as he suddenly bounced happily, holding his hand out with this bright smile, taking everyone by surprise. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Colton."

"EXCUSE ME?!" Remy screamed as Emile just frowned at him in confusion. "How are you ok with this?! That man is a-..."

"What are you talking about?" Emile chuckled seeing the absolute confusion in his boyfriend's eyes. "Didn't you hear? He said was Colton Black, NOT Colt Graberson."

"Emile-..." Emile just smiled making Remy sigh as he finally desummoned his whip and stepped back. "Ok."

"Tank you." Roman choked as he desummoned his own weapon, tears spilling from his eyes. Colt honestly didn't know what exactly had happened, but Roman just laughed happily as he shot him the brightest smile he could. "I told you they would see it. You just had to give them time to." Roman pulled him in with a chuckle seeing how Colt staggered in surprise. "Yer a Black, Lad. I told ye, didn't I?" Colt just rolled his eyes as he nodded with a small very subtle smile.

"Yeah... Yeah, you did."