8

"Virgil, can I talk with you please?" Virgil frowned hearing his father's voice. He stared at himself in the mirror and just deflated. Why did he have to wear a tux? "Virgil?" He didn't move. All he did was stare at his outfit with disdain. He hated formalwear. It just wasn't him. Yet his father picked him out a nice plain black suit. He absolutely refused to wear the tie. "Virgil, are you... oh." Virgil spotted his father behind him through the mirror and his frown only grew. Logan smiled as he made his way over putting a hand to Virgil's shoulder. "How're your nerves?"

"I'm in a tux... how do you think they are?" Logan frowned as Virgil shrugged away from him and sat down on the bed. "I'll be fine." Virgil narrowed his eyes as he looked out the window. "So... is everything ready?"

"Nearly so. Everyone is slowly gathering. You're dad's been keeping the kids happy." Virgil frowned more as his father sat down beside him. "What is, Virgil?"

"Has Thomas come yet?" Logan tensed as Virgil's eyes darkened. "Is he coming at all?"

"I'm sorry, Virgil." Virgil's heart dropped as Logan tried to comfort him. He wasn't really good at it though. "Thomas isn't going to able to come."

"Why not?" Virgil hugged his knees as Logan sighed. "He comes to everything. He never missed a single thing. Yet, he's just going to miss the ceremony? I don't understand."

"You know Thomas would be here if he could. You know how much he cares about you..."

"EXACTLY MY POINT!" Virgil jumped up and Logan frowned as this wind tore through the room. "Thomas would be... but he isn't." Virgil's eyes glowed a dim blue as he shook his head. "And I want to know why."

"Virgil." Logan froze seeing the tears in Virgil's eyes. "Thomas didn't leave you."

"How do you know that? You're always saying I'm so special and shit but I don't feel like it. What if he just got fed up. What if you're wrong a-and I'm not special? What if he got annoyed and just left? I don't know why he wouldn't be here otherwise." Logan jumped up pulling Virgil in as the younger held his shirt tightly. "He told me he would be here. He promised me. He said he wouldn't miss it. So why... why isn't he..."

"Virgil, Thomas is..."

"Here!" Logan tensed as a blast of hot air filled the room. The two looked back to find Thomas dusting off his own suit and Logan's eyes went dark seeing how different Thomas looked. "I look like a mess, don't I. Sorry..." Thomas smiled up at them and Logan's heart dropped.

"Thomas?" Virgil didn't seem to care. Just as Logan was about to ask the god/demon something Virgil ran over pulling him into a hug. Thomas was taken back by the tears in his sons eyes as Logan tensed up. "Thomas, is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine, Logan. I told him I would be here and so I am." Virgil laughed a little as he pulled away wiping the tears from his face. Thomas smiled down at him as he brushed his hair back a tad. "I wouldn't miss this for the world. Nothing would stop me from being here."

"Thomas?" Virgil's eyes narrowed noticing Thomas's eyes as he backed up a bit. "You're eyes... They look..."

"I'm ok, Virgil. It's nothing to worry about." 

"I'd begged a differ, Thomas." Thomas's fists clenched behind him as Logan slowly backed Virgil up till he was standing between them. "You don't look like yourself."

"First Roman and now you..." Logan's eyes went wide as Thomas's eyes narrowed. "I didn't come here to hear about this. I came to support Virgil." Thomas smiled over at his son again before shooting Logan a dark look. "I'm fine."

"Father?" Thomas went to say something but froze up seeing Virgil looking at Logan. His chest seized as that anger burned in him. Father... That should be him. Virgil is HIS son. Virgil is HIS child. Thomas's eyes narrowed as he watched Virgil move closer to Logan with this anxious look in his eyes. Thomas gave that boy his heart and saved his life. Virgil is literally a piece of him. But thanks to Roman, he had to give him up. He could care for his son. No... Virgil doesn't even know who he is. "Something's wrong. His aura... it's not... right."