2.30

"Hey, that was actually really good!" Virgil beamed as he cut through the air separating Alex's flame as he spun and shot back. Ever since the federation showed up the two of them had turned a portion of the old fields into a training spot. They've been going head to head practicing and getting stronger not wanting to be caught off guard again. Virgil was just happy that Alex found...

"Heads up!" Virgil summoned his knife knocking an arrow out of the sky as Alex knocked another and smirked. His weapon... Virgil was happy Alex found his weapon. "You're distracted."

"Maybe, maybe not." Virgil laughed as he through his knife, eyes flashing black as these ropes of shadows latched to the blade twisting them around Alex, who used his bow to catch the knife and knock it away from him. "Ok... maybe I am."

"Is it, Ro?" Virgil's eyes darkened as Alex fired his arrow making Virgil throw up a shield of black. "You know he had meetings. He told you that, didn't he?"

"Yeah but..." Virgil blinked sending a small blast of fire right at the demi before sighing and just plopping onto the ground. "He said he would seek me out after them. It's been over a week now and nothing. I even tried going over to his house and no response. I'm worried."

"Virgil, I'm sure he's fine."

"But what if..."

"Virgil." The exgod snapped up realizing he was shaking as Alex gently knelt down beside him. "I understand why you're worried. Roman has a very bad habit of choosing not to think of himself first or to not care about himself at all. I get that but... You have to remember... He IS a god. He cannot die. Even if something should happen... you won't lose him."

"I just don't want him to be hurt, Alex."

"I know." Alex smiled sadly as Virgil's eyes started to glow in response to his anxiety. "I know you're scared, but Roman informed you he was going to be very busy."

"I just..." Virgil tensed as he hugged himself with tears in his eyes. "Alex... I want Roman." Alex sat down next to his god who started to cry before he could even stop himself. "I didn't realize how much I missed him until I was down here and I still couldn't have him. And... Now he's mad at me. I know he's mad at me."

"Virgil..."

"I lied to him, Alex. I flat out lied to the man I love because I was scared." Alex sighed as he took Virgil's hand seeing his god break down even more. "What if he's avoiding me?"

"Roman loves you."

"Loved me." Alex's eyes narrowed with a serious look as Virgil's voice hitched. "He loved me, Alex. Past tense. He doesn't even know me anymore."

"Virgil, Roman LOVES you... present tense." Virgil frowned as he finally looked over at the demi with this look in his eyes. Alex could only give him a reassuring smile. "Roman loves you. He loves you more than anything. He never forgot how he felt about you just... the bits pieces that gave it context. You can see it in his eyes how much he cares about you. He isn't avoiding you. I promise. It just wouldn't make any sense."

"Then... If it's not that..." Virgil groaned as he hugged himself more. "What is it?'

"Shit..." Roman whimpered as he gripped the counter tightly, knocking his glass over and spilling his water all over himself and the floor. His entire body was highly shakey and the room hadn't stopped spinning for days now. He knew at this point he was in big trouble. He had planned on not having to worry Virgil. He would see him when on break, hold hands or something... any contact really would do. He'd talk with him and it would be great AND on top pf that he wouldn't have to worry about the fact that he didn't have flounder anymore. 

He wasn't able to do shit.

"I.... fuck..." The room just would not stop spinning at this point. He was in hell's waters and moments from drowning. He should have told Virgil back at the dinner. He should have just told him the truth but he didn't want to worry the man. He didn't want to hurt him in ANY way. Now he was not doing good at all. He was so damn busy throughout the weel he couldn't see Virgil at all. He was drained beyond belief and running solely on adrenaline. He barely remembered anything from his meetings not aware or focused on it at all. 

His body ached and shuddered, desperate for contact he hadn't been able to get. It wasn't like he meant to starve himself. He had every intention on at least getting some from the small amounts Virgil always would give him. The problem was... he never saw Virgil once this week at all.

He stumbled unable to hold himself steady as the room spun out. His eyes glassed over as he tried to latch onto something... anything that might keep him standing. He had gotten out of bed for only a few minutes needing a glass of water that he ended up not getting. Now... Now it felt like the world was shifting out of place. He felt like his whole body had a metric ton of gravity weighing down on him, crushing him, all while the world just... 

...dropped.

Glass shattered onto the floor as Roman collapsed. His body trembling as if seizing up. His eyes were rolled back as he tensed and cried out before everything just went black. 

Quiet... not a single sound was made. Nothing but the water dripping down off the counter polling around the splintered glass at the god's feet.

Cold... An icy chill surrounded the god as everything crashed around him. Just dead... the air held still as Roman laid there unconconsious on the cold chilled out hardwood flooring of his kitchen.