Golden ticket

Kim Seokjin

Kim Seokjin.

The name of a ghost, a man that had long lived and died in a store explosion caused by a gang. Hoseok remembered seeing his face plastered on the tv and even on some newspapers, along with a few others who had died with him. Gang attack, they had said, Kitty gang, they had clarified to the world.

Hoseok had found the event suspicious since Yoongi had said that the Kitty gang were above petty attacks on stores and mainly focused on assassinating influential people. Yet at the moment, he had brushed it off and decided to move on since it was none of his business. Until now, when Hoseok was peering up at the same man that had long been presumed dead.

Seokjin didn't look dead, he looked quite lively with his tamed smile and intelligent eyes that held so many secrets captive from the world. And as he leaned forward and quirked a brow, glancing between Hoseok and Taehyung until the puppy finally lifted his head and made eye-contact with his Hyung, Hoseok realised that Seokjin wasn't the first ghost he had encountered.

"Taehyung."

The murmur of Taehyung's name swept away the smile on Seokjin's face and caused him to straighten out. Before Hoseok or anyone could react, Seokjin was whirling around and scrambling down the metal steps towards them with his shoes creating rhythmic thumps. Seokjin brushed past Solar, who eyed him with owlish eyes, and pushed aside Hoseok, who stumbled away from Taehyung with a small protest dangling off of his lips.

And then Seokjin's arms were around Taehyung- tight and secure around the fragile man laying against his chest.

The Kitty gangsters melted into each other's familiar embrace, both craving the comfort that each other's presence brought them. Seokjin was glad to see Taehyung, not only because he was a familiar face among all the new faces he had encountered in the past week, but also because Taehyung had gotten out of the prison and was in the safety of his embrace.

Seokjin was well aware of the target placed on him, and as a result, placed on Taehyung and Jimin too. He didn't want to put his dongsaengs in danger and risk their lives, but he knew that what he was doing, had to be done, not only for the Kitty gang, but for the rest of the gang world too. Seokjin was determined to carve out the poisonous roots the Kitty gang had dug into the world and replace them with healthier, newer saplings that his presence could provide.

But as Seokjin tightened his hold on Taehyung and inhaled the mixture of his natural scent with a tint of sweat, he noticed the lack of presence of a certain Kitty gangster, "Where's Jimin?" Seokjin murmured against Taehyung's temple, immediately receiving a handful of tension and hesitance in return.

Taehyung didn't look at him, instead, he pressed his forehead against Seokjin's shoulder and tightened his arms around his waist. He tried not to wince when the older gang member placed his palms against Taehyung's shoulders and pulled him back in order to peer into his eyes.