Epilogue

Time like grains of sand sprinkled along the road in front of the sleek silver car

Time like grains of sand sprinkled along the road in front of the sleek silver car. The car whooshed through them- disturbing each little grain from their slumber by whipping them into the air in a playful whirl. The giggles from time echoed behind Seokjin and guided him closer towards his destination, while the heavy thrum of the radio sang along with his pounding heart.

Seokjin had spend three hours roaming the gas-station that Jimin was supposed to be at, yet the only sign of Jimin he found, were the two dead bodies left to rot inside the destroyed store. Seokjin didn't mention that he knew the dead assassin that had been hired to attack Jimin, only to end up with a slit throat, he merely dug him a hole and buried him deep inside the forest for no one to find. But despite digging a grave for the assassin, Seokjin didn't dare touch the dead cashier's body- knowing that her family should be able to grieve her without worrying that she was still out there somewhere. So he left the girl for the police to find and, instead, he injected a virus into the store's security system, that wiped away all hints of Jimin's presence in the store.

Then Seokjin was on his way once more, with hands tainted with dirt and skin painted in a layer of sweat. He drove through the mountains of emerald trees and deserted roads, with only a buzz from his phone to haunt him.

Seokjin's slender hand lifted off of the steering wheel and reached out to curl around the trembling phone. His eyes glanced away from the road to peer down at the screen. In big, bold letters and two buttons underneath, Seokjin watched as the name 'Kim Namjoon' flashed over the screen for the fifth time since he left the Mamamoo's base. His finger hovered over the green button, only to flick towards the red one and gently tap against it. The call was brushed off of the screen, allowing Jin to catch a glimpse of the 28 text messages Namjoon had spammed him with.

A mere eye-roll was the only answer Seokjin offered the dimpled man's prodding, followed by him throwing the phone onto the passenger seat and raising his eyes back at the road. Just as Seokjin's hand glided along the steering wheel to twist it to the side, the curtain of emerald trees parted to reveal the regal wooden lodge waiting for him like an excited puppy.

Seokjin smiled at the sight.

Not only because he had missed the house dearly, but also because he was aware that if Jimin wasn't in the gas-station, this was the second likeliest place he would go to. Jimin knew of the extra cash stored next to the suitcase full of fake passports, the simple fact would be like a honey glazed donut to a starved man.

The car came to a slow halt at the edge of the tree-line before Seokjin turned off the low purr of the engine and caressed the steering wheel as he lowered his hands. Seokjin's eyes lingered on the house as if he was surveying it for any hints of life that could be left behind by Jimin, or anyone else. Seokjin was well aware that being here could end fatally for him since he was being hunted by the Kitty gang and he was coming back to a house that could be heavily surveyed at the moment. But Seokjin knew that there was a large possibility that Jimin was, or had been, here and he knew he had to check it to make sure the kitten didn't need his help.