Orange is the new pink

The sound of beeping filled Jimin's ears as he slowly came into consciousness

The sound of beeping filled Jimin's ears as he slowly came into consciousness. He pealed his glued eyelids open, only to be greeted by blinding lights. Jimin winced with a low hiss, his eyes immediately snapping shut.

Jimin turned his head to the side before opening his eyes yet again. The first thing Jimin saw was white walls and a white ceiling, even the stiff bed, he was sleeping on, was white.

A gentle breeze drifted into the room, brushing against his cheeks and messing up strands of lavender coloured hair. Jimin released a shaky breath, blinking sluggishly as he slowly shifted on the bed and slowly sat up. His bones ached and begged for him to lie back down, but Jimin knew he couldn't do that. Not now. Not in this place.

Jimin looked around, raising a shaky hand to rub his face. The room, he was in, was small and the only thing it had in it was a bed and two windows on the left side of it. Monitors and other unknown devices sat next to the bed, beeping faster with every move he made.

Jimin inhaled sharply, his nose scrunching up as steriliser and the nasty smell of medicine filled his nostrils. Jimin looked down at his left arm, immediately noticing the IV connected to the inside of his elbow and the small finger clip attached to his ring finger. He reached out, ready to pull the thing off, only to pause and rethink his decision.

Jimin knew that the second he pulled the clip off, the doctors, and possibly police officers, would come barging in. But he had to get out of here. Not alone. He had to get Taehyung and then get out of here.

Jimin looked around the room again, trying to find something sharp to use as a weapon, but he didn't see anything other than the beeping devices and his IV. Jimin guessed it was the work of the police- getting rid of any potential weapons Jimin could use against them. But what they didn't know was that Jimin was desperate.

And he's a great bullshitter, but that's irrelevant.

Jimin huffed, allowing himself to fall back into the stiff pillows. He reached his hand out, closing his eyes and steadying his breathing. When he heard the heartbeat monitor calm down it's beeping, Jimin gripped the IV and swiftly pulled it out.

A trickle of blood ran down his arm, Jimin rolled his eyes and wiped it away, looking down at the IV in between his fingers. This had to do.
Jimin pressed his lips together and grabbed the wire connecting to the IV, ripping it away so that the needle would be used as a makeshift weapon.

Pressing his tongue against his cheek, Jimin focused on relaxing his muscles and facial expression, making it seem as if he was still unconscious.

Jimin grabbed the finger clip and took it off, causing the beeping sound to stop and die out. In a matter of seconds, the door to his room burst open and several footsteps ran towards him.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, his heart monitor went dead."

"Ma'am, I need you to step back, he's a dangerous criminal."