No tears left to cry

The sound of each second slipping out of the palms of time and thumping against the ground, filled the whispers of silence between the two people sitting on the opposite side of each other

   The sound of each second slipping out of the palms of time and thumping against the ground, filled the whispers of silence between the two people sitting on the opposite side of each other. A single desk separated them from each other, yet their eyes were connected by an invisible string of emotion.

Jimin knew he had to say something to get rid of the silence between them, but somehow all of his words had been squeezed out by Jungkook's sudden appearance, and now they were engulfed by the fog of silence. Jungkook seemed a bit annoyed as he sat tensely in the chair in front of the desk, scowling and blinking back at Jimin- waiting for the mochi to open his mouth and speak.

But Jimin couldn't. He could only stare back at Jungkook with a scarlet red dust of embarrassment trailing up his milky skin.

A sharp exhale of breath made Jimin sit up straighter and press his lips into a thin line. He watched Jungkook shift around in the seat to make himself more comfortable, all while trying to ignore the trash littering the office.

"So..." Jungkook decided to speak up, twisting his head around and analysing the office with a scrunched up nose. His head turned back to Jimin and brows rose to his hairline, "Why am I here?"

"I'm trying to break out of the prison."

Jungkook's eyes widened in alarm and he immediately jumped up to his feet, the chair toppled over and hit the ground as Jungkook dashed towards the door to warn the guards. Jimin's own eyes widened at the sudden movement, he stumbled out of the chair and jumped over the desk before pouncing onto Jungkook's back and slamming the door shut before it could open the smallest inch.

Jungkook grabbed Jimin's thighs and tried to throw him off, but the mochi clung onto him tighter and pressed his hands against Jungkook's face, "Stop! Let me talk and explain!" Jimin hissed, pressing his soles against the door and kicking off the door in order to shove them both back into the office.

Jungkook yelped and stumbled back, his boot got caught onto the edge of the fallen chair, resulting in him stumbling back and slamming into the ground. Jimin screeched as they fell, followed by a sharp stab of pain in his lower back from his ass smashing into the ground.

Jimin untangled his arms from around Jungkook's throat and pushed them down to massage his aching back instead. He groaned and whined in pain, ignoring Jungkook's matching grumbles and hisses.

Jimin rolled his head forward and blinked down at Jungkook who was leaning against his chest- shoulder blades pressed against Jimin's abdomen and the back of his head leaning on Jimin's stomach. Jimin grasped Jungkook's face between his palms and leaned his head forward so that his face would be hovering over Jungkook's and their eyes would remain connected.

"I will explain everything, okay?" Jimin spoke slowly, dragging out each letter of the word as if he was speaking to a small child.

Jungkook huffed and shut his eyes, scrunching up his face into a grimace and sinking into Jimin's chest, "Fine, yes, shut up and speak already." Jungkook grumbled, pushing away Jimin's hands and trying to sit up instead. He raised his leg and pushed away the fallen chair before plopping down on his aching ass and turning around to face Jimin.