Torture: Level one

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

   The sound of a shopping cart rolling down an isle mixed together with the soft music of the grocery store. Seokjin hummed under his breath as he reached out and grabbed a bottle of Korean chilli powder. He placed the powder into his shopping cart, next to all the other ingredients he needed to make Beef bulgogi stir-fry, before rolling the cart further down the isle.

Seokjin shared a polite smile with an elderly couple as he stopped in front of the meat section and waited in line. He tapped his foot on the ground and hummed along the soft tune playing through the speakers in the store. The elderly couple received their meat and walked away, making Seokjin roll his cart closer to the vitrine and peak through it.

His eyes ran over the different types of meats- eyes squinting and lips forming into a pout as he thought. The store clerk patiently waited for Jin to choose what kind of meat he wanted since no one was waiting behind him.

Jin finally straightened out and sent the store clerk a charming smile, "Fat and sliced rump steak, please."

The clerk nodded before opening the vitrine and taking out the steak. Jin watched him prepare the meat before weighting it and folding it into a paper bag.

"Here you go." The clerk placed the wrapped up meat on the counter, a polite smile on his face.

"Thank you!" Seokjin chirped, taking the meat and placing it into his shopping cart.

Jin turned his cart around and made his way through the store. He eyed the products displayed on the shelves, wondering if he had toilet paper before shrugging it off and telling himself that he'll head to store, if not.

The sound of beeping filled his ears as he rolled towards the cash register and stepped into the line. Jin offered a smile towards the woman in front of him before taking his products out of his shopping cart. He grabbed a plastic bag and placed it on the conveyor belt with all the other products, patiently waiting for the clerk to scan them.

Jin pulled out his wallet, eying the chocolate bars next to the check out before shrugging and grabbing one. He pushed his cart further down the line since the old lady finished paying for her products and was now placing them in her bag. Jin reached out to grab a pack of gum before placing the chocolate and gum next to his stuff.

After the lady finished scanning Jin's products, she looked up at him, only for her eyes to widen and a blush to spread across her cheeks, "Uhm...that'll be 22658 won."

Seokjin hummed, a smile lingering on his glossy lips as he opened his wallet and pulled out the money. He gave the money to the girl, eyes squinting in the corners and smile widening after noticing the blush on her cheeks.

"Here's your change." The girl murmured softly, giving Seokjin back his change along with his receipt.

"Thank you!" Jin bowed slightly, taking the change and receipt, only to turn towards the donation box and shoving the spare money into it.