chapter 5

"Love is never planned, but we were the only exception"

Beomgyu was holding the gun tightly in his hand and he was so tense, that he could barely feel himself breathing. Droplets of sweat were forming on his forehead over and over again no matter how many times he would wipe them with the sleeve of his jacket and he couldn't let go of the gun as he was hiding behind the little old building and peeking at the factory wherever Yeonjun was supposed to be.

He couldn't start the attack on time since he could see another guard from the front entrance speaking with that man who was watching the backyard under the weak light of the bulb. It prevented Beomgyu from getting his mission done quickly because he wanted to get rid of this obligation as soon as possible. He couldn't risk shooting any of those guards, since there was the possibility that the other one would scream or hide before Beomgyu would manage to kill him too, so he couldn't put his mission in danger.

By 10:30 pm two guards had finally stopped talking and Beomgyu made sure to fill his revolver with bullets before loading the gun and slowly making his way towards the building in the dark.

He crouched down and put one knee against the ground as held the revolver firmly in his hands. He aimed his gun at the guard, who was walking around the backyard carelessly, and quickly killed him with a headshot silently. The man's eyes rolled back and he slumped against the ground instantly, but fortunately, he didn't make any loud noise which would be a warning for the guards at the front entrance.

Beomgyu quietly stomped to the back door of the building, pushing away the dead body with his feet harshly on his way. He held the handle with a gloved hand and pushed it down before opening the door carefully and revealing the stairs which led him down to some room.

He gripped his gun as entered the structure safely and walked downstairs, his anxious eyes looking around fearfully and searching for any possible threat in the process. He slowly sneaked into another room which led him to the hall where another guard was probably standing on the other side. He couldn't see him from the room, but he knew he must be standing there since that place was marked with a red dot on the plan.

Beomgyu approached the doorframe carefully and leaned against the wall beside it as he held his breath in fear. He took a little pebble out of his pocket and dropped it into another corner, so when the guard entered the room, his eyes were staring in the left direction and it was a great possibility for Beomgyu to shoot the man from the right side. Then he stepped over his collapsed body and passed through the hall without any interference. Fortunately, as the stranger told him earlier, there were no other guards on his way upstairs and to the room in which Yeonjun should have been placed.

He was standing behind the wall for some time, trying to rest for a minute and release his long-held breath. He kept taking deep, but quiet breaths, feeling adrenaline rushing into his veins and filling him with more strength. Then he finally mustered up enough courage to take a step towards the doorframe all of a sudden and raised his gun up in the air abruptly. He shot the man who was standing right in front of him at Yeonjun's room and a bullet got stuck in his forehead before the guard had any time to react.

Only one guard was left and he was the easiest job for Beomgyu since he was inside the room. He quickly arrived at the closed door and knocked on it several times before he could hear the footsteps approaching him from the inside. He instantly pointed his gun at the door and clicked the trigger as soon as the guard opened it and appeared in his vision, causing him to drop dead on the floor immediately.

The black-haired male pushed him aside with a kick and walked into the room. He scanned his surroundings and finally, his eyes landed upon the big cage in which there was an unconscious yellow-haired boy sleeping against the bars. Beomgyu ran towards the cage immediately and kneeled down in front of it before placing the gun on the floor and taking the key to the cage out of his pocket.