chapter 55

Alternate Reality #140, 2040

          Seojun was headed to the main door when he heard the loud knocks. It was still morning and he had just woken up after a night of partying at some club that he had been dragged into with the others. He wasn’t even sure how he managed to get in, but there he was now, almost dying from a hangover as he walked through the hallway, his steps stumbling and lazy before he could stop at the door.

          He unlocked the door before opening it, frowning when he ran into Seokjin and Soobin. It had been a while since he last saw them as they were always busy trying to solve the world's problems, so now he was surprised to see them at his door. They were both older than usual, probably around the ages of 37 and 45, but Seojun wasn't surprised by that. They used to have really frequent conversations since Seojun had really important pieces of information for them thanks to his visions, but it had been a long they left him alone. What were they doing in his house now?

          "Good morning", Soobin greeted and Seojun responded with a bow, a confused look still etched on his face.

          "Come in...", he said quietly and stepped aside to let the males get inside.

          Seokjin and Soobin nodded, entering the house. They all walked into the living room and seated themselves on the couches or armchairs, getting comfortable as the clock ticked slowly, waiting for Soobin to start their talk.

          "We attended an important meeting two days ago", Soobin started, causing Seojun's ears to perk up. Important meetings usually meant bad news, which made the male tense up. "The world is in danger. In 7990, we're waiting for the apocalypse to hit Earth and it will destroy not only this but your world too... the one you come from"

          Soobin stopped talking. Seojun stared at him blankly, waiting for more despite feeling chills of dread crawling down his spine.

          "The cause of this is multiple alternate realities which aren't even supposed to exist in the first place and by coming here to meet you, we even sped up the process. It may take just a few days until nothing will be left from us"

          "But if it happens in 7990, it means that we, who live in the past, aren't in danger, right?", Seojun asked hopefully, already feeling slightly optimistic about the situation. The last thing he needed was to be stuck in a timeline where the world was doomed.

          Seokjin and Soobin exchanged glances. Seojun could notice nervousness on their faces and he knew it wasn't a sign of anything good. Maybe they were really doomed.

          Soobin turned back to him, "No. If the apocalypse is happening in an alternate reality, it means that it's happening in the real world too and if the real world vanishes, we'll also disappear because we're just a part of it"

          "Wait, so what does that mean? We'll die?", Seojun panicked, grabbing the sides of his chair for support.

          "Yes, if we don't look for the solution", Soobin replied, causing a sudden hope to flicker inside of Seojun whose eyes lit up at once, "And I think we need you for that..."

          "Me?", Seojun repeated dumbly, staring at Soobin questionably. He felt the air leaving his lungs when he finally understood why they wanted to see him. Was it something dangerous?

          Soobin nodded, his expression grave. "We need you to go through the portal, so you can prevent the explosion which is the only reason why the world is in danger now"

          Seojun's face went pale hearing those words. The portal to the real world was dangerous! He knew people died there when the scientists tried to send them there. He wasn't going to die too. Seojun wasn't crazy like those people were to risk his own life.