chapter 15

The following day was bright and warm, saturated with happy, shiny colours unlike the yellow-haired boy who had only dark emotions running through his heart from the early morning, the moment he opened his eyes.

         The sun which had popped up in the sky in the early hours and threw hot shiny rays to the earth invaded Yeonjun's window and spread all over his face as if they wanted to wake him up which they succeeded.

          The mentioned boy winced in discomfort as soon as he felt hot, sharp light disturbing his closed eyes and quietly grumbled in annoyance before rubbing his eyelids and swinging them open, his head still throbbing painfully because of his fever and his body was feeling all hot. He was feeling too down, and he didn't even want to get up, all he was willing to do was shut his eyes again and fall into the deepest sleep of his life to escape the cruelty of the world. Sometimes he was feeling fed up and wanted to just end it all, but then he would remember that the murderer of his family was still free, at liberty and some waves of adrenaline would flow into his veins, forcing him to become eager all over again.

          Maybe if it was some other time and he was in the right mood, discovering the younger's jacket on his body would paint his day at least in a bit brighter colour, but now Yeonjun couldn't bring himself to feel any trace of good in his heart, as if it was totally absorbed by voidness. A glassy stare of his past would follow him everywhere and "I want to be happy", was the only thing which would loom in his depressed mind, because it was already far from him, lost in the remains of his past.

          The boy huffed under his breath as he pushed Beomgyu's jacket away and got up into a sitting position, feeling terribly sick as nausea kept attacking him violently, causing him to make a grimace as he was feeling like he would throw up anytime. He opened the door and barely managed to step outside to inhale fresh air and somehow ease the sickness inside him, chilly waves of the morning air greeting him with hospitality, but still not curing his misery.

          He leaned against his car while breathing in the oxygen greedily, filling his heavy lungs with the elixir of life, but still, he was feeling like he was going to faint at any time. There was a time when his life was worth living and every single day meant something great to him, he had always had something in his heart he would love to wake up for every morning, but now, he hated opening his eyes. He knew he was the only one who was doing it to himself, because he was obsessed with the idea of shedding blood and didn't care about his health, neither mental nor physical, he was the one who wasn't trying to change anything in his life or himself, to ignite a spark of life in his heart, and he was very well aware of that, yet, he was staying in the same condition and letting himself die more and more every day.

          He was thinking that he didn't deserve to be happy.

          Beomgyu began to squirm in the car as he started to come back to his senses and yawned while speeding his arms. He let out a deep breath and opened his eyes halfway since they were stinging from the intense sunlight, and he got surprised when he saw no trace of the older boy neither inside nor outside. All he noticed was his own jacket dropped down carelessly, and Beomgyu groaned heavily as he leaned down to it to pick it up, "Rude", he mumbled in dissatisfaction under his breath since it was obvious that Yeonjun hadn't valued his care neither now, sometimes he even thought that it wasn't worth anymore try since the older boy seemed more stubborn than a little kid. It seemed like they had a long journey ahead of them until they would manage to find out every secret which was connecting them to each other and Beomgyu just didn't want to be on bad terms with him, but Yeonjun didn't seem to cooperate.

          The sound of the door cracking made him jolt back to reality and his eyesight was greeted by the yellow-haired boy who got in the car and slammed the door shut loudly, his face looking grumpy and flushed, signs of red scattered all around his skin and Beomgyu figured out that he was still sick which made him worried a bit, "Where were you?", he asked curiously, as he shook the dust off his jacket, while Yeonjun leaned to the dashboard and got two guns from it.