chapter 31

Freezing cold water splashing on him caused the boy to wake up and jump in fear, his mouth letting out a loud gasp as his eyes shot open, but he couldn't see anything since his vision was blurry from the water.

          He coughed slightly as his arm ran over his eyelids to clear them and after he opened his eyes, he saw the bars in front of him which caused flows of a shock to rush into him. He anxiously looked around to scan his surroundings and discovered himself in a cage which looked like exactly the one he found Yeonjun in weeks ago. "I didn't know you were so deep sleeper otherwise I would have done it earlier", he heard the voice of a man and his head snapped into its direction at once, his eyes fixing on the person who was standing in front of him and staring at him with an amusing smirk playing on his lips. "I was looking for you. I wanted to see the bastard who released my prey from my claws and finally, here you are"

          "Namjoon", Beomgyu thought and finally all the memories flashed in his mind, his heart racing awfully as his eyes grew wide in terror, his hands gripping the bars to help himself to get on his feet even though every move was causing terrible spasms of pain in his body, "Where is he?"

          His question caused Namjoon to laugh evilly and it made the boy even more anxious, thinking he had managed to capture Yeonjun, "Since even in this condition you are thinking about him then you two must be closer than I thought, right?", he asked in amusement as he raised his one eyebrow, causing the younger to lower his gaze and gulp down nervously, "Well, his friend managed to save him", Namjoon stated in dissatisfaction and Beomgyu felt relief spreading across his body, his stiff muscles loosening as his eyes closed for a moment, "My acquaintance who brought you here was too coward to interfere"

          That was right. The acquaintance who told Namjoon about Beomgyu and Yeonjun being in Daegu was only watching them from a very far during the entire time and he didn't dare to be visible in Soobin's vision when the latter appeared in the scene, especially, when he didn't have a gun with him. So the only thing he could do was let him take Yeonjun and then he hid all the corpses in the forests along with vehicles before placing unconscious Beomgyu in his car and heading to Seoul.

          Namjoon was very furious that he couldn't manage to catch Yeonjun either this time, but at least he was glad he had Beomgyu now because he had really much to say to the boy. He pulled the chair to the cage to seat himself on it and then looked at the boy with suspicious eyes.

          "Your name is Choi Beomgyu, right?", he asked, but Beomgyu never returned an answer as his jaw was clenching tightly, "It's interesting", Namjoon stated with a thoughtful face, his eyes directing to the floor before fixing on the nervous boy again, "I've got a story to tell you... Years ago I had a friend who always used to tell me about things which were happening in his life when we met in the club and get drunk together. He was married, but he had a paramour who was pregnant by another man. Do you want to know her name?", Namjoon asked and Beomgyu remained quiet again because he didn't find the story interesting at all, he didn't even know why Namjoon was narrating it, "Lee Soo", and the name finally caused the boy to gulp and his surprised eyes drew to the older in front of him, looking at him in confusion, "Isn't that your mother's name? But what is interesting is that the father of her child was named Park Sungho and not Choi San like the person who brought you up"

          Namjoon smirked when he saw a dumbfounded expression on the younger's face and he got on his feet, getting closer to him, "The woman never wanted a child, but her mother was forcing her to keep him, so she had no other way than just to give birth to him and she named him Beomgyu. Do you know what she did after 9 months? At midnight, she took the baby to another city with a help of my old friend and left him at the door of the orphanage without attaching his name to him or even his age. No one managed to find the baby's identity or his parent's. Judging by your expression I see that you want me to continue", he smirked again and Beomgyu only kept looking at him with puzzled and frightened eyes, his breath shallow as his hands kept gripping the bars, "But I think I should stop here", Namjoon let out a sigh, letting his shoulders rise and fall, "Because why don't you go and find the rest of the story by yourself?"

          Beomgyu's brain cells had died as he couldn't manage to process the information. He was thinking for several minutes and Namjoon was waiting for him patiently as he enjoyed the younger's reactions. Whatever he said sounded more like a lie than truth to Beomgyu, but even if it wasn't, it could be a story of another Beomgyu and Lee Soo, because there was no way Choi San wasn't his real father, plus he had been growing up with him for six years and not in the orphanage. Namjoon was obviously tricking him and he wouldn't fall for it. Maybe his father had many secrets kept from him but he wouldn't lie to him. "Liar", he growled as his grip tightened around the bars and he shook them strongly, piercing through the older's amused eyes.

          "You think so?", he chuckled evilly and got the keys from his pocket, inserting one of them in the lock of the cage and turning it inside before opening the door and Beomgyu looked at him with shocked eyes, "Go and find the truth yourself, here is your phone", he stated and extended a cell phone to the boy who looked down at him hesitantly before slowly taking hold of it.

          Was it another trick? Was Namjoon testing him? He had no idea but he decided to take advantage of the possibility and stepped out of the cage while his eyes still kept observing the older male with an examining and careful stare, thinking he would attack him anytime, but Namjoon remained in his place even when Beomgyu marched to the door and exited the room. The older only walked downstairs and entered one room on the ground floor where his boyfriend was standing at the window with crossed arms and watching Beomgyu leave with suspicious eyes. There was a small TV talking behind him, the journalist on the screen reporting:

𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗒𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝖫𝖾𝖾 𝖲𝗈𝗈 𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝖺𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖼𝗁𝗂𝗅𝖽'𝗌 𝖿𝖺𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖻𝖾𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾, 𝗋𝖾𝗆𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗎𝗇𝗌𝗈𝗅𝗏𝖾𝖽. 𝖭𝗈 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐𝗌 𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖼𝗈𝗋𝗉𝗌𝖾 𝗅𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗌 𝖾𝗑𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗅𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗌 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝗅𝗈𝗌𝗍, 𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝗂𝗍 𝗁𝖺𝗌𝗇'𝗍 𝗋𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇 𝗒𝖾𝗍. 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝗄𝖾𝖾𝗉 𝗂𝗇𝗏𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗀𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖼𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗅𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝖫𝖾𝖾 𝖲𝗈𝗈'𝗌 𝗌𝗈𝗇, 𝖢𝗁𝗈𝗂 𝖡𝖾𝗈𝗆𝗀𝗒𝗎. 𝖶𝖾'𝗅𝗅 𝗂𝗇𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗆 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗅𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋.

          Namjoon stayed quiet as he walked towards the old desk and flopped on the chair with a loud sigh, his hands rubbing his face. Seokjin turned to face him and took some steps towards him before he was standing in front of his boyfriend, "Okay, maybe his mother is found still young after so many years, but I still don't get why you are so sure that it's related to the time machine. Someone could have kept her corpse in a freezer and placed it on Choi San's grave now"

          Namjoon rubbed his chin as his eyes kept looking at the desk stubbornly, his mind engulfed in curiosity and concern, "I'm certain because I saw him...", he mumbled in a brooding voice, causing the older's eyes to narrow at him who couldn't believe that his boyfriend was looking so worried and somewhat sad.

          "Who?"

          Namjoon finally looked up at him, a hint of fear swimming behind his eyes as he muttered worriedly, "You"