chapter 14

The deep night had taken extensive roots in the city, dominating the world and having the pearly, diamond moon as its well-deserved crown between twinkling stars which were sprinkling their light into the earth. Tranquillity had fallen around them as two boys slept in silence in the car, their minds far away from the material world, but it seemed like the black-haired boy's dreams weren't as peaceful as the world around him since waves of fear kept crossing his face and his muscles would twist in pain occasionally as small whimpers would scatter in the quiet atmosphere settled around him. His forehead was sweating intensely as if he was running a marathon and his body was shifting uneasily which finally woke up the blonde boy beside him, whose eyebrows furrowed at once as he rubbed his watery eyes to clear his blurry vision and slowly tilted up his head to flicker his gaze to the troubled male next to him.

          A frown ran over Yeonjun's face at hearing the younger's weak groans and he raised up his body to turn the light on in his car and his eyes got greeted by the younger's frightened and sweaty face at once, his body shaking uncontrollably which shot flows of concern into Yeonjun's mind, "Hey", he called and touched Beomgyu's arm to jerk his body a bit, but to no avail, "Beomgyu, wake up!", he called a little louder this time and finally his voice reached Beomgyu's hearing in his sleep, but he couldn't open his eyes, not until he felt a terrible pain piercing through his chest and he sat up in his seat abruptly at once, his eyes and mouth wide open as he let out a frightened shriek and gasped for air, his lungs craving some oxygen desperately.

          Yeonjun stared at him with a visible concern embedded in his eyes as the younger boy clutched his aching chest and his terrorized orbs looked around in fear to scan his surroundings, finally, his gaze met Yeonjun's one and he felt flows of relief pouring in his body like the warm river at once, realizing it was only a nightmare and he was still alive, healthy and breathing, however, his eyes still directed downwards to look down at his own chest and check if he was shot or not, groaning mentally when he saw no trace of blood on his shirt.

          "Are you alright?", Yeonjun asked eventually, his confused eyes looking at the boy in worry while Beomgyu buried his face in his palms as his elbows propped on his knees and he heaved a shaky breath which was still rapid and hard, his hands quivering fiercely and hints of pain were still present in his chest, the poor boy couldn't get rid of it.

          He shook his head in response to the older's question as he kept taking shaky breaths, his tongue feeling too heavy to move, "D-do we have any water?", he barely managed to ask in a cracked voice before clearing his throat since his mouth was feeling too dry from experiencing so much stress.

          Yeonjun observed the boy worriedly, confusion still assailing him in rhythmic waves as he softly nodded his head, "Yeah, I guess so", he replied gently and leaned over to the younger's seat to reach the dashboard and pull out a bottle of water from it, not even noticing how close his face was to Beomgyu's one, but unlike him, the younger felt it very well which made him panic even more, he couldn't help cold rushes of anxiety fiercely attacking his rapid heart, "Here. It may be warm though", Yeonjun mumbled when he opened up the bottle and extended it to the frightened boy as he wondered secretly what was the matter with him and watched him gulping down the water with furrowed eyebrows.

          Beomgyu felt a little bit at ease when warm liquid ran down his body, a river of relief sweeping over his lungs and finally he could breathe much more normally as heaviness slowly left his trembling frame, "T-thanks", he stuttered in a quivering voice as he wiped his lips and his forehead which was covered in sweat.

          "What happened?", Yeonjun asked curiously when he took the bottle away from the younger's hold and put it aside, turning his body towards the male to take a better look at his pale face, and even though he wasn't feeling well himself too, he was still worried about the younger boy.