chapter 52

Yeonjun had woken up early, so he was in the kitchen and cooking breakfast while Beomgyu was still asleep in their bed. Yeonjun knew he needed a good rest after a hard night, so he let the boy be for now.

          He didn't know why Beomgyu woke up so frightened at night. Yeonjun had never seen the boy so terrified before. Maybe he had a horrible nightmare or maybe one of those dreams which Beomgyu called another reality... Yeonjun had no idea, but he'd make sure to talk to his lover about it once he was awake, then he'd try everything in his might to make it easier for him.

          Yeonjun turned off the stove as he finished making breakfast, humming happily as the scent filled the air. He then laid the table, setting two plates and then bringing out all of the foods he'd prepared just in case.

          After he was done, Yeonjun went upstairs and entered the bedroom, coming across the sight of Beomgyu putting on his shirt. The latter gave him a tired gaze once he walked inside, then looked away as if he felt uncomfortable by the older's presence.

          "You're awake", Yeonjun said with a small smile and approached him, placing a hand on the latter's shoulder to get his attention but the younger flinched away at once from the touch, causing a frown to plaster Yeonjun's face.

          The older scanned his face attentively, noticing the signs of distress written all over his features. His cheeks were flushed, his eyes were glossy, and his hair sticking out everywhere. It took everything in Yeonjun's power not to kiss every single trace of frustration on his face.

          "Are you okay?"

          Beomgyu hummed as if nothing had happened, nodding slowly, "Yeah, I'm fine"

          The older's eyebrows furrowed in slight confusion, "Then why are you avoiding my eyes?"

          Beomgyu blinked several times as if trying to figure out how to answer, until he finally gave up and remained silent, so Yeonjun pulled him into a hug, feeling how tense Beomgyu's muscles were under his touch. He rubbed circles onto his back, hoping to calm the other down as he waited patiently.

          Eventually, Beomgyu's body relaxed against his, and the two stayed like that, neither knowing how long they would stay like that. It felt nice, even if Beomgyu was still being stubborn about something and wasn't hugging him back. Yeonjun couldn't blame him, though; they both had bad days sometimes, and Yeonjun could understand it.

          "Let's go have breakfast and then we can talk about whatever is bothering you, okay?", Yeonjun said in a sweet voice as he pulled away and held the younger's face between his palms, leaning in to peck his lips but he froze when Beomgyu pulled his head back, looking anywhere else except at Yeonjun.

          "Please, don't..."

          Yeonjun watched him with a hurt expression on his face as he tried to process what the hell was going on right now. Why was the younger one acting this way? They had spent countless hours talking and joking, they had been intimate many times, yet now Beomgyu was acting as if he didn't like being near Yeonjun. It made no sense.

          However, the older decided not to stress over it because they'd talk about it later and he'd know the reason behind Beomgyu's actions.

          "Okay... Let's go", he said defeatedly and led the boy out of the room, then down the stairs.

          They entered the kitchen quietly and sat at the table, staring at each other with troubled gazes. Yeonjun noticed that Beomgyu was biting his lip nervously like he usually did whenever he was anxious, but he tried to hold himself back from asking any questions about it.