chapter 17

Alternate reality #14, Daegu, 2025

          The loud screeching of braking tires rang direly in front of the hospital as the car came to a sudden halt. The door of the driver's seat swung open and Yeonjun stormed outside at a speed of light, running over to the passenger's seat with shaky knees. He briskly opened the door and picked up the black-haired male who was unconscious against the headrest and severely bleeding from the wound on his chest. The yellow-haired male kicked the door shut and ran towards the entrance of the hospital with the younger boy in his arms, while the endless sea of fear simmered in his veins, attacking him like a beast.

          "Help!", he yelled out after rushing inside, and medical staff began to fuss after seeing the unconscious boy in his arms, "He's bleeding, hurry up, please"

          Yeonjun stared down at the pale boy with desperation deeply engraved in his watery eyes, heavy anguish smiting his heart as if it was the sharpest sword as he pleaded in a miserable voice, "Be strong"

          His eyes darted towards the doctors when he heard the sound of wheels approaching them and he put down the boy on the stretcher, running behind him as they placed a breathing mask over his face in a hurry and took him towards the elevator, but they didn't let Yeonjun in, saying that the environment would be congested otherwise, and the shot boy needed the air.

          Having no other way, Yeonjun quickly ran upstairs, rushing to the second floor where the doctors said the operation room was. He tried to ask the doctors if Beomgyu was going to be alright or not, but no one answered him since none of them knew that for sure, they just stormed into the emergency room and closed the door, leaving the desperate boy behind who was drowning in his painful anguish.

          Yeonjun had no other way than just to groan heavily and flop down on the chair in the hall. He ran his bloody arms over his face, not caring about staining his skin since he had no energy for going into the restroom and washing his hands anyways. He never knew seeing the younger male on the edge of death would scare him so much, his hands were literally shaking and there was moisture in his eyes as his mind kept thinking about how Beomgyu saved him even though he said that he wouldn't care even if Yeonjun was dying in front of his eyes.

          Would he still be so afraid if Beomgyu wasn't shot because of him?

          Yeonjun had no idea about it because something about the younger's sacrifice managed to melt some ice in his heart. He couldn't let anything happen to him, because he would never manage to forgive himself otherwise, he didn't want his young and innocent soul to be lost for his worthless life.

          "What do you know about him?!", Yeonjun shouted viciously as he dropped his gun and ran to Junseo, leaning down to him and grabbing his collar in an animalistic manner while Beomgyu watched them with surprised eyes, not getting why Yeonjun seemed so furious all of a sudden, "Don't dare to lie or you're not getting out of here alive"

          "I-I swear that's the only thing that man told m-me about him, I know nothing else", the man shook under his poisonous gaze, staring up at him with begging eyes and hoping he would manage to survive the younger's deadly claws.

          Yeonjun stared at him with a clenched jaw and piercing gaze for a couple of seconds, shooting flames of a maddening fury out of his eyes, but he couldn't manage to restrain himself when a terrible gale burst out in his mind and he punched the man forcefully in his jaw, causing him to fall back on the ground with groans of pain.