chapter 10

A loud, sharp sound of the glass shattering deafened the house all of a sudden and the banging noise started to echo throughout the entire environment viciously. It felt like the earthquake had started, but no, it was a certain male throwing furniture around ruthlessly in his own room. Soobin, who was sitting on the couch in the living room and searching for something in his laptop at the moment, got alarmed at once and leapt up from his seat after tossing the device on the couch hurriedly. He stormed out of the room and rushed upstairs, making his way to Yeonjun's room since the awful noises were casting out of there and he was afraid that something bad had happened to him.

          He opened the door of the older's room and briskly ran inside, noticing the yellow-haired male sitting under the broken window with different things scattered messily around him as he leaned against the wall with his back and stared forward, in the space with empty eyes. Soobin scanned the room with surprised eyes, wondering what forced the older male to create that mess and why he was sitting on the floor like a lifeless body, but the heartbreaking scene sure sent some faint pain in the centre of his chest, and no matter how much he loved comforting and taking care of the older boy, seeing him in that devastated condition was still disturbing to him.

          "Yeonjun?", he blurted out as he took several steps towards the boy who was lost in trance and swimming in the enormous sea of his dark emotions, sadness, guilt and rage.

          The storm inside his heart seemed to have no end and sometimes it was exhausting him to the point that he couldn't help having an outburst of his emotions messily piled in his heart. Even though his loving friends were there with him all the time, after losing his parents he had been feeling like he had lost everything, his entire life and it was true. That incident made him lose himself and he had to put on the mask of an emotionless and ruthless person because he was feeling like he needed to, he was thinking that if he tried to remove any type of feelings from his heart, they would hurt him less and he would manage to become stronger, but he was a human. His hidden emotions which he was trying to kill, were only putting more pressure on his mind and sometimes he was feeling like he was about to go crazy. How he wished he could get back his old life and his true self, but he couldn't anymore, not when he had come so far.

          The younger boy kneeled in front of him, sharply observing the other's body and searching for any injuries, but his eyes locked to his face again when he couldn't find any. There were too many emotions floating in Soobin's shiny orbs as he looked into Yeonjun's blank ones, reaching his feelings hidden behind the emptiness of his stare.

          "What happened?", he asked gently, care laced in his tone which secretly wrapped the older boy in the tender stream of beguiling warmth, making his lonely and tortured soul feel easier, however, he didn't dare to react and still maintained the same expression, causing the male to doubt that he had heard any of his words, "Do you hear me?"

          "I couldn't punish him", the boy squeaked out in a low, broken voice, but his eyes remained locked to the wall in front of him, "I failed my parents"

          Soobin heaved a sigh at his words as he closed his eyes for a moment and shook his head in disapproval. He lifted up his hand and gently touched the older's pale cheek to turn his face towards himself and make him look at him instead of the wall while Soobin gazed into his eyes with a sharp and categorical stare, which still radiated warmth, "It's not a defeat", he spoke firmly, "It's just a little failure. I promise, soon that bastard will be on his knees, begging you for mercy. I won't let you give up that easily"

          The confidence which was so obvious in the younger's tone brought a spark of hope into Yeonjun's heart, but it was very difficult to believe those words when he was ruined like that by his deadly enemy. His own confidence had been broken since then, since the moment he got in his enemy's hands and put through hell, even if Yeonjun used to refuse to demonstrate it. He even put his friends' lives at risk, because there was the possibility that Namjoon would catch any of them like he did Yeonjun and do any damage to them. Sometimes he even thought that he was silly for thinking that he would overpower someone like him and a terrible rush of guilt would flood over him when he cast doubts on his friends because of Namjoon's terrifying words which brought a terrible pain to his heart on that cursed day.