chapter 38

A black car stopped in front of one arrogantly big house which was nestled in one quiet district. It had a yard and a gate which was keeping the house safe, but Soobin still managed to break into the yard easily. He had a gun tucked in his waistband since he knew the solicitor could be stubborn and he would probably have to use the gun to threaten her. His mind was clouded with stress and rage. He couldn't think about anything else other than Yeonjun and proving his love to him. Soobin knew Yeonjun would no longer reject him if Namjoon would finally be in his hands all helpless and vulnerable, but even if he did, there was no way Soobin was going to let the boy go so easily anymore. He had sacrificed many things, Soobin sacrificed his own life to be with him, protect him and help him and all he had ever asked for was his love. He was furious because he had been with Yeonjun for years and fighting for him, but the latter was still choosing another man over him, a boy he had just met recently. Soobin was already done waiting.

          He grasped the grip of his pistol as he got closer to the main door and pulled it out. He knocked on the door with his free hand and gripped the gun tightly. His ears perked up as he waited for the sound of footsteps to approach him from inside, but he could hear nothing besides a dead silence. So he knocked again, stronger this time, but to no avail. That's why he decided to break down the door with a few kicks and break into the house like a thief.

          His gun was pointed forward as he scanned the house carefully, his eyes looking around nervously since that silence seemed too suspicious to him. He examined every room, every corner of the house, but the solicitor was nowhere in sight even though Seokjin told him that she had already returned. It made Soobin even more furious. He stormed out of the house and dialled Seokjin's number hastily. He could feel agitation eating up his nerves one by one as he waited for the older to answer his call. He was walking back and forth beside his car and rubbing his forehead with the muzzle of his gun. Impatience was taking away his sanity from him because every second seemed like ages to him. Then he heard someone picking up his call and Soobin parted his lips to shout at Seokjin, but he froze in his place when he heard the voice of someone else.

          "Hello, Choi Soobin", Namjoon answered in a proud tone from the other side, causing Soobin's eyes to widen, almost popping out of their sockets.

          A terrible fear of failure streaked through him at once. If Namjoon already knew about his and Seokjin's interaction, then the solicitor would be warned and would have already gone far away from there. Soobin would probably never manage to find her and he would have nothing to threaten Namjoon with. It was all over for him.

          "I'm sure you didn't expect to hear my voice, but you're not hallucinating. It's really me, a man you and my boyfriend were going to destroy, but I'm sorry to let you know that you guys have failed", Namjoon stated and Soobin could say he wasn't sorry at all according to how confident and satisfied his tone sounded, "Are you really that desperate for Yeonjun?"

          "I'm not fucking desperate!", Soobin growled like a furious animal which was ready to attack its prey, "I just need to get what's mine"

          He heard Namjoon chuckling on the phone which only poured gasoline on fire inside him, "Really, Soobin? I thought you were smarter than that, but love has you blinded I see"

          "Why the fuck did you pick up my call? Did Seokjin tell you about us? How did you find it out?"

         "Slow down, slow down", Namjoon chuckled again and Soobin clenched his jaw, "To your surprise, I found out about you two on my own. Aren't you curious how? Tell me, Soobin, do you believe in miracles?"

          His last question extinguished some part of the fire in Soobin's body because it got replaced by confusion and curiosity this time. He could already sense that something was off, "What do you mean?"