chapter 56

Alternate Reality #143, September 20, 2022

18:12

          As soon as Soobin, who was going to travel to October 6 to leave the formulas at the door of Yeonjun's house, heard some noise from beside, his head snapped to its direction and his eyes widened comically when he saw his older self, Seojun and Beomgyu going towards him and the dying boy whose breaths were barely audible by now. Disbelief spread all over his features at their sight and he couldn't believe his eyes. What the hell were they doing there? Was it supposed to happen?

          "Hey!", he called and the three males instantly stopped dead in their tracks, their eyes directing themselves to the anxious male who was running to them with the case in his hand, "What are you doing here?"

          "It's not your business", the older Soobin replied impatiently, knowing they needed to hurry up, "Leave us alone and travel in time without Yeonjun to do your task. I know what I am doing"

          The younger one looked confused and bewildered. There was uncertainty and shock on his features because if his conscious served him right, this wasn't supposed to be happening, but what could he do? He needed to trust himself. So he briskly turned around and walked away, giving them the last glance before disappearing between the large trees.

          That's when the rest of the males continued their path toward the yellow-haired male who appeared in their eyes very soon and Beomgyu's heart instantly broke into tiny pieces when he saw him laying on the floor helplessly, all alone, with no one around to help him.

          A large wave of pain rolled through him and his eyes misted over, making them glow under the weak rays of the sun. His knees wobbled as they ran to the boy and sat on the ground beside him, tears threatening to fall from his eyes as they stared down at him with a desperation which had gathered in them.

          "Yeonjun...", he muttered softly, brushing away the older's bangs to take a better look at his pale face. He looked dead, but Beomgyu could still hear him breathing softly. "Yeonjun, I'm here... I've come to you"

          The boy was still unresponsive, so Beomgyu gently wrapped his arms around him and lifted him off the ground, pressing him against his chest instead. The scene looked much more painful and devastating than he thought and his stomach churned when he felt how light the other was. He couldn't bare the thought of seeing the boy so lifeless in his arms. After all, Yeonjun was the one who was closest to his heart in every aspect. After getting to know the truth, he had come to the realisation that Yeonjun was all he ever had in his life... His life only consisted of him and he couldn't really let him go now. He couldn't bare it.

          "Beomgyu...?"

          He suddenly heard the boy's weak voice mutter his name and Beomgyu's eyes widened in excitement at once, tears finally rolling down his cheeks as he tightened his grip around his fragile body.

          "Yeonjun! I'm here! It's me. I'm here with you", he said frantically, trying to let the older know that he wasn't alone because they had promised each other that they'd go through everything together, so now Beomgyu was there to share his pain and he wanted Yeonjun to know that. "I love you, Choi Yeonjun. I'll always stay by your side, okay? You're stuck with me forever!"

          But the younger man received no response from the other boy. He only felt how he snuggled closer to his chest with the last bits of energy that were left inside him, leaving Beomgyu to hug him closer to his chest. Beomgyu cried silently, tears streaming down his face as he kissed Yeonjun's forehead and tried to comfort him in any way that he possibly could, even though the latter probably wouldn't be able to feel it for long.