chapter 22

Three weeks passed and nothing special happened. Yeonjun and Beomgyu were still in Daegu since Beomgyu needed to heal completely before they could leave the city. Yeonjun kept visiting him in the hospital every day. It wasn't like he had anything else to do there anyways, so he'd spend the day with Beomgyu even though the latter wasn't fond of his presence, however, he was somehow coping with it knowing there was no way Yeonjun would leave him alone.         

          Today was a quite good and lucky day for Beomgyu, because after so many weeks of lying in hospital in deadly boredom, finally he was getting discharged on the evening of the 21st day. Fortunately, Yeonjun had been bringing some normal food to him during that time and even though Beomgyu didn't even want to see the male, he still had difficulty refusing his "presents", because he was desperate to eat something which wouldn't taste like shit. Yeonjun also brought new clothes to him and Beomgyu hated that he was having to take them, but he couldn't definitely go out naked or wear his old bloody clothes, so he had to give up.

          "Please, take those pills I have prescribed for you and avoid travelling long distances for the next days", his doctor said after he was done dressing himself and Yeonjun realised that they wouldn't be able to return to Seoul yet, but Beomgyu was thinking otherwise, "After a week visit us again. We'll check your condition and remove some of your medications or replace them with other ones. Please, don't exhaust yourself yet. Fortunately, your wound wasn't deep and it will take just a few more days to heal completely", and after that, she turned to face the yellow-haired male who was listening to her very attentively and marking her words in his mind, "I hope you'll take care of him, Yeonjun"

          Yeonjun nodded his head immediately and replied assuredly, "Of course", and Beomgyu mentally rolled his eyes.

          "As if you care", he thought to himself, not daring to say those words out loud since he didn't want to have an argument with the male. So, he let Yeonjun wrap his arm around his lower back when they went out of the ward and lead him downstairs since he didn't want the boy to hurt himself by moving too much, but as soon as they exited the hospital, Beomgyu suddenly stopped and stood like a sculpture on one spot, causing Yeonjun too to halt his moves and look at him with a worried face.

          "Are you okay?", he asked, and Beomgyu let out a groan of distress before removing the older's hand from his back and looking deeply into his eyes.

          "Thank you for everything you've done for me but we're already done here", he announced, causing Yeonjun to give him a look of disbelief, "You said you wanted us to separate our ways. I'm already fine, so you can go. I'll take a taxi to home", and he tried to walk away but Yeonjun quickly grabbed his arm, leaving the younger boy on his spot.

          "The doctor said that you needed to stay in Daegu and rest, you're not going anywhere", he said resolutely, but Beomgyu had already made a strict decision, there was no way his stubborn self was changing it.

          "I don't care about what she said, because I'm feeling completely fine"

          He harshly pushed away the older's hand and marched towards the main road with a bit slow steps since he was still feeling some pain in his chest area. Yeonjun heaved a heavy sigh and rubbed his forehead in frustration, knowing he would have to deal with the younger's stubbornness for the following days because there was no way he was leaving him alone until he was completely okay.

          Beomgyu waved his hand after he saw one taxi coming from the right side of the road and it came to a halt after it reached the boy. The driver pulled down the window and Beomgyu squatted down a bit and parted his lips since he wanted to ask him if he would take him to Seoul or not, but he got interrupted when a pair of arms suddenly got placed under his knees and back and he was lifted up from the ground in a heartbeat, causing his orbs to grow wide when he got greeted by the yellow-haired boy who was holding him bridal style. "Sorry, sir, but you can leave, he's coming with me", he said to the driver who was looking at them with a confused expression at first but then he shrugged his shoulders after hearing Yeonjun's words and drove away.