chapter 18

A gentle touch of the soft, delicate hand under the luminescence of the sky woke up living senses in the boy's frame and a little frown ran over his face when he felt pain entering his body. A small whimper left his pale as he slowly opened his eyes to see what was patting his cheekbone so tenderly that it was pouring a great amount of warmth into his heart. Something like a raindrop made contact with the back of his hand and he looked at the figure sitting on his hospital bed and caressing his cheek with a very sad, pained smile decorating his lips, his brown eyes shining from tears settled inside them like a deep pool.

          Beomgyu felt confusion and different unknown emotions uprising into his heart and his heart quickened a bit when he made out Yeonjun's face in the dark. He remembered everything that had happened very well and why he was there, but he couldn't say why Yeonjun was sitting on his bed at that time and touching him like that, or why his eyes were so sad and hurt. He leaned against the bed with his palms and tried to sit up, but Yeonjun quickly rested his hands on his shoulders to leave him in his position.

          "No", he whispered gently and Beomgyu stared at him with a confused expression, "Don't move. You need to rest"

          There was something different about the older boy and he looked somewhat unusual. Beomgyu saw very dark bags under his eyes when the moonlight flashed across his face and his skin looked too colourless. There was comforting warmth radiating from his hand which rested on the younger's face and Beomgyu had no idea why Yeonjun was acting so weird, even though he was still in his dream, or maybe even dead?

          "Why are you here?", he asked in a quiet tone as he scanned the older's face, unpleasant chills running through his body, "Why are you so pale?"

          Yeonjun sniffled softly and looked down for a moment before returning his hurt gaze into the younger's orbs, "It's nothing", he replied as a single tear left his shiny eye, and Beomgyu looked at him in shock, now he was sure he was in a dream because there was no way Choi Yeonjun was crying like that, "I wanted to see you for the last time"

          "For the last time?", Beomgyu furrowed his eyebrows, not getting what the older boy meant.

          His hand slowly lifted up in the air to hold the older's hand on his face, but he gulped when he felt something harsh on his wrist, causing him to look into the older's eyes in surprise.

          Yeonjun felt how his heart raced uncomfortably when Beomgyu wrapped his fingers around his wrist to bring his hand down and peek at his skin which was covered with bandages, the older's glossy eyes following his movements as he had no energy to protest.

          The sight caused Beomgyu's heart to clench painfully in his chest, because it looked like Yeonjun had cut it himself for some reason, otherwise, why would his wrist be bandaged? "Why?", he asked in a hurt voice as he stared at the older boy with a concerned expression, making him smile in pain through his tears. His hand lifted up again to caress the younger's face and Beomgyu didn't even move, he just leaned into that familiar, magical touch which was warming up his bones.

          "Don't worry about it. Everything will end soon, I'll stop every pain from entering our lives and we won't have to make the same mistakes again", he whispered in a broken voice as he wiped his newly fallen tear and flashed a pained smile to the younger boy again, his throat tightening every time he tried to speak and he knew he wouldn't manage to keep the rest of his tears in his body for a long time, he was on the verge of breaking down, "I'm sorry for everything", he spoke in a cracked voice and retreated his hand as his gaze directed itself to the covers over the younger's body, "I'm so sorry. I never meant it to happen. I never wanted this"