chapter 16

Alternate reality #1, September 20, 2022, Seoul

           The auditorium was full of a bunch of students, who couldn't stop chirping and gossiping as they waited for their lecturer to arrive. Sometimes sudden sounds of laughs from the back seats would make the blue-haired boy flinch as he sat between his best friends and discussed different topics joyfully with them. It was their last year in the university and all of them were thrilled by this idea, they couldn't help the excitement which was simmering in their chests. Beautiful giggles would escape the boy's mouth from time to time as his defined fingers would push his blue locks behind his ear and his eyes would scan the environment through his long eyelashes, looking for a certain person who hadn't even shown up yet.

          "Yeonjun!", suddenly he felt his friend nudging his forearm, drawing the boy's bright eyes to himself, "Aren't you listening to me?", Taehyun spoke in an upset manner, shooting a dissatisfied gaze at his friend.

          "Leave him alone", Huening Kai stated in a teasing manner from the other side of Yeonjun, causing the latter's head to snap to him this time, "He's thinking about his boyfriend", and he wiggled his eyes, earning a hit on his arm from the oldest boy.

          "Shut up, you donkey", Yeonjun scolded while Kai rubbed his stinging arm and frowned at his hyung, but his expression softened as soon as he heard Taehyun's adorable giggle from the other side.

          "Tell us who confessed first?", the red-haired male asked as he played with his pen, his big, shiny eyes darting towards the blushing blue-haired male and he couldn't even notice Huening Kai adoring him secretly as his cheek was propped on his palm and his face was engulfed in a pure affection, his fond eyes were watching the older's all moves and expressions fondly as his heart was sinking in irresistible love. Anyone who would catch a glimpse of him and the way he stared at his friend, would notice that he was whipped for the boy.

          "Ughh, it's not the right place to talk about it- wait", Yeonjun said when he was interrupted by the ringing of his cell phone, his hand reaching for his pocket to pull it out and stare down at the screen, "Hyung?", he asked in interest when he answered the call and put the phone against his ear.

          "Good morning, cupcake!", a certain boy spoke joyfully from the other side, causing the blue-haired male to roll his eyes at the nickname.

          "Morning. Why are you calling? I'm in my lecture"

          "When are you gonna be free?", the boy asked, and Yeonjun fell into thinking, reading his schedule for that day in his mind while chewing on his bottom lip subconsciously.

          "I'm gonna be free after this one", he said since he had no other one that day, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion as he didn't know why the older boy was asking that to him.

          "Great. Then I'll come and pick you up by 12"

          Yeonjun's jaw slacked open in shock after hearing those words, glittering stars of happiness twinkling in his eyes as he covered his mouth with his palm and exclaimed cheerfully, "You are back?"

          "Yep", the male answered in exhilaration and Yeonjun could notice him smiling even through the phone as his heart raced in excitement. He hadn't seen the boy for a really long time since the latter had been abroad doing his PhD, even the idea of hugging him after a year was sending hot tingles of elation into the bottom of his heart.

          "Okay, hyungie", he replied briskly as he squirmed on his place in happiness, "See you soon"

          And then their phone call ended. Yeonjun couldn't get rid of his big smile and excitement which was making his eyes shine brightly and Taehyun wanted to ask who he was talking to or why he was looking so happy, but he was interrupted when a certain tall, blonde male walked up to them, causing him to smirk teasingly at him and then at the blue-haired boy who was sunk in his own happy thoughts.