chapter 32

The car was parked several kilometres away from the house and the boy was crying his eyes out inside. His one hand was clutching his chest as his heart was aching dismally and another one was gripping the steering wheel while his face was buried in it. His shoulders shook every time his mouth would let out choked sobs and his eyes were making a pool from his tears as his mind was enveloped in endless agony. He couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened earlier and how he almost killed his friend, someone who had been by his side during the most painful times of his life. Sometimes he wanted to die so bad and every day his life was getting too painful to resist. Now he has even lost his friends and he had no idea where Beomgyu was either, maybe he was even dead, then how would he manage to forgive himself?

          Soon his attention got grabbed by the screeching sound of the wheels and his head whipped up immediately, his swollen and bloodshot eyes fixing on the taxi which had stopped at his car. He sobbed softly as he wiped his tears with his arm and watched how the door of the taxi got opened and someone got outside before it drove off, causing his eyes to widen dramatically when he made out his face through his tears. It was Beomgyu.

          "Beomgyu", he whispered in a faint tone, as if he couldn't believe his own eyes and opened the door of his car with a shaky hand as his heart raced in excitement. He could feel exhilaration blooming inside him as he stormed out of his car and without thinking, he ran towards the boy, embracing him in his arms as tightly as he could while his heart kept leaping up in joy.

          Beomgyu was taken aback by the older's sudden outburst and his eyes widened in shock. He was feeling the older's arms holding him tightly to his own body and his mind couldn't process what was happening, but he could feel something glowing inside him because the warmth and affection which was emitted by Yeonjun's body was too huge to let him stay indifferent. The younger's arms automatically raised up to rest themselves around the older's lower back, his eyes shutting in bliss as his heart skipped a beat. 

          Their hearts were singing against each other's chests as they shared the first affection wholeheartedly which brought a great amount of relief into their souls when they were hurting the most. And even though they had never had a good relationship, finding comfort in each other's arms was still the best thing they had ever done. Even time had stopped for both of them and they didn't notice how long they were standing there, melting in each other's embrace and despite the fact that their lives were sinking to the bottom of the darkest ocean they had still never felt more alive before. The younger couldn't help but feel crazy rushes of tingles spreading through his spine as the older's delicate fingers were touching his nape and his shaky breath was muffling into his neck, making the younger shudder in his arms.

          Yeonjun's mind was lost, wrapped in pure excitement, too sank in exhilaration to let him realise what he was doing. The younger smelt too nice, just like home, a shelter which was making Yeonjun forget about each of his pain. And maybe he would stand there forever, hugging the younger wholeheartedly if finally, the realization didn't hit him, causing his eyes to shoot open as his breath hitched and he pulled away from his body in a hurry, his gaze lowering anxiously while Beomgyu scratched the back of his neck in discomfort as he had no clue what to say.

          "I-I thought you were dead", Yeonjun stuttered and his eyes kept roaming the ground, drawing the younger's orbs to himself. That's when Beomgyu noticed his swollen face and red-rimmed eyes which caused some concern to creep into his heart. He subconsciously brought up his hand to his chin and lifted up his face to take a better look at him.

          "Were you crying?", he asked worriedly and Yeonjun shifted his face at once to get rid of the younger's fingers under his chin as he shook his head.