chapter 9

It was a beautiful night for the couple, a soft breeze fondling their skins through the windows of the car as tiny raindrops kept soaking their faces slightly. They were absorbed in a comforting silence which was soothing their hearts, their hands softly brushing against each other as Kai's head rested on Taehyun's lap and he was caressing his boyfriend's knuckles gently with his lean, moist fingers.

           A beautiful luminescence of the moonlight was peeking through the vehicle, overspending the older's ethereal face and there were sparkles glinting inside Huening Kai's shiny eyes as he watched the love of his life and silently adored his tantalizing grandeur. Taehyun's eyes were directed outwards, glancing around the environment which was slightly visible under the weak light of the moon sprawled over the pitch black sky. He could feel his boyfriend's gaze diffused over his face, but he refused to spare a glance at him since he was still slightly angry at him that he and Soobin left him sleeping in the house on the previous night, but Taehyun was still accepting the closeness with him. He couldn't just push the boy away like that when his heart was always begging for only him and no one else.

           His doe, candid eyes were something Huening Kai loved the most about his boyfriend. They were always sparkly, whether he was happy or sad and had never failed to drag the younger boy down in their inviting depth. Huening Kai always loved exploring them, travelling through him and studying him in detail, even petty things about him. He loved how Taehyun would become sulky over little things, but still would never refuse the younger boy when he would get close to him.

          "When will you admit the fact that you can never stay angry at me more than a minute?", Kai asked with a faint smile playing on his lips while his thumb kept caressing the back of the older's hand gently, filling the lovely boy with tingling sensations in the centre of his heart.

           Taehyun just remained silent and his eyes kept being locked to the outside environment, he barely held himself back from squirming in discomfort when his heart raced a bit at the younger's words. His boyfriend knew him too well, it was like he could read his heart every time and that was what he loved in him the most. Taehyun always used to get to know more of himself whenever he was with him.

            He heard how Huening Kai chuckled at his silence before speaking in a raspy voice, his eyes travelling to their hands placed on his own stomach, "Okay. Then I know what will make you speak", and he slowly straightened his body, drawing the older's eyes to himself as he seated himself in the driver's seat and leaned towards him, causing both their hearts to quicken erratically.

          "Kai", Taehyun spoke in a quiet tone, as if he was trying to stop the other male, but he leaned into the younger's magical touch as soon as he felt his warm hand on his face while their breaths kept fanning over their faces, sending chilly, but nice tingles down their spines. Taehyun's heart always used to scream loudly whenever Huening Kai's lips landed on his, even his boyfriend was able to hear the love words of his beautiful heartbeat. Every kiss felt like the first one and they would sink in each other's warmth and affection with their entire existence while their lips were moving in a perfect rhythm.

           Taehyun was never the type of a person who was fond of life and joyful like the other people of his age were, there was always something different in his heart. No matter how hard he tried he would never manage to find his place in the world and fit in, so he used to exist just because he was obliged to, but after he and his best friend fell in love with each other, it was like a little pillar of light decided to peek into his life, filled with dark and empty emotions, and provide him with the magical energy of love.

            That's what Huening Kai was to him, a beautiful saviour and he was always holding onto him when he needed to feel alive. He was an angel who taught him how to live like a normal human being and how to find his part of happiness in the world. Their love was like a beautiful fairytale to both of them, peaceful and affectionate.